MISTRIAL MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #5 - *2nd Mistrial*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perhaps it is too much to hope something will come out of his next trial that will implicate him or shed new light on this one so the prosecution had a stronger case for a third trial for Jessica. I didn't get to follow the day to day of this trial like I did the first one, but it seems the prosecution didn't have as strong a case this time as the first one. The cell phone evidence was enough for me the first time. I just can't believe a 50/50 split. I wonder if there is not something or someone intimidating jurors and witnesses in that community and surrounding area.

Perhaps it is too much to hope something will come out of his next trial that will implicate him or shed new light on this one so the prosecution had a stronger case for a third trial for Jessica. I didn't get to follow the day to day of this trial like I did the first one, but it seems the prosecution didn't have as strong a case this time as the first one. The cell phone evidence was enough for me the first time. I just can't believe a 50/50 split. I wonder if there is not something or someone intimidating jurors and witnesses in that community and surrounding area.

Wouldn't surprise me. His relative took a picture of the jury? Who does that? and more importantly, WHY?

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 5h5 hours ago
#JessicaChambers - I just spoke to the chief of police. He said he was told the name of a woman that had allegedly taken a photo inside the courtroom of jurors. He questioned her. She showed them a video on her phone. It was outside the courthouse and showed no jurors.

I'm going to make a wild assumption that this particular judge, while sweet and kind and smart in many ways, does not know how to retrieve deleted texts, photos, or videos.

I'm disgusted. I feel like the judge gave up on the jury too soon. Why not make them deliberate longer?
The prosecution is on my last nerve. They could have done more to show that she could have been saying something other than Eric. I'm just fed up with the prosecution, I really am. I'm heartbroken for her family and loved ones.

I'm disgusted. I feel like the judge gave up on the jury too soon. Why not make them deliberate longer?
The prosecution is on my last nerve. They could have done more to show that she could have been saying something other than Eric. I'm just fed up with the prosecution, I really am. I'm heartbroken for her family and loved ones.
I don't think a longer deliberation would have changed anyone's mind. IMO, there was reasonable doubt.

I'm worried about LA even trying him. I was watching the documentary they just released on Oxygen channel and LE on there said there wasn't enough evidence for the murder of that woman, but he plead guilty and got 10 years for using her cards.

Is the Oxygen channel considered a reliable source?
I can't imagine this guy can get away with this twice?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back