MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been able to sit and follow the trial this week, so once again I thank you all who have posted updates and tweets. :tyou:

In regards to #3. Didn't Jessica have a job at Goody's? I don't see her asking a guy that she'd been "seeing" for a few weeks for money.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Yes,JC did have a job. It is possible QT gave her an extra $10 to add to her $4 to make sure she had plenty of gas in the compact car. No doubt in my mind this was premeditated and not an accidental suffocation that then led to the immolation.

The Prosecution is performing at "warp speed". DA is making mistakes. DA was denied to ask FBI Agent one more question.

I thought Dr. Hickerson did a great job today explaining to the jury how her injuries would not have allowed her to speak clearly and enunciate her words. He was very easy to understand and really held his own on cross examination... The defense atty was trying really hard to get him to concede some of her points. Even when she tried to get him to at least agree that at the scene Jessica was able to talk, he would only go as far as to say that she would've been able to TRY to talk...

All jmo.

[video=twitter;918621866398449665]https://twitter.com/LeahBethFOX13/status/918621866398449665[/video]

Blount looking at surveillance footage photo of Tellis at Fred's on 12/6/14 at 8:45pm #JessicaChambers

Blunt's testimony was disappointing. He seemed unprepared as if he didn't know until the last minute that He would be called today as a witness. No doubt it would have behooved the State to review his testimony with him prior to testifying. Every question was met with silence as he attempted to recall memories. Fail.

When I saw the case beginning to turn sideways, I joined in the Twitter feed with info geared toward exposing SSs from that time period and before since the DA seemed incapable of connecting the dots.

I'm hoping another investigator at least went to Piggly Wiggly to check surveillance, if not ::facepalm::

They probably did go to the Piggly Wiggly and possibly found nothing.....but not every detail of the investigation comes into play at trial. Many things are not brought up at trial because too many minor details can cloud the picture for the jurors. IMHO Champion is hitting the high points and the strongest evidence and he's leaving the rest alone and moving forward quickly. I believe the reason is because of cost. The jury is sequestered and the county is very poor.

As for the eating....it's unusual but my guess is that he's either a diabetic or he's on some other medication that requires him to eat before he takes it. Or maybe he's so busy he can't take a break for lunch. This is a major trial and he has a huge responsibility. He can't worry about a camera. I do not fault him for eating.

[video=twitter;918591774133760001]https://twitter.com/LeahBethFOX13/status/918591774133760001[/video]

As the tweets from Leah Beth Bolton at FOX13 stopped about 4:30 pm (5:30 pm EDT) so she could prepare for the 5:00 (CDT) news, WS coverage of the trial from other sources seemed less rigorous. Her last tweet was about Major Thompson being asked during cross exam about the names Eric or Derrick being in the news at the time he interviewed Tellis (Post #560). I have more than two spiral notebook pages of notes from that point in time of the cross-exam to the time of the Judge's asking the jury if they were willing to continue, and ultimately calling a recess about 6:07 pm (EDT). So comparing my notes for that period to the tweets being repeated, quite a difference in content. I think that will be an on-going problem, since those covering the trial for TV will have to take a break to prepare for broadcasts while the trial continues without them. At least the live streaming continues uninterrupted, but the record of tweets here on WS during that interval (useful for comparison to notes) will be spotty at best.

Her tweets returned once the trial resumed after about a 45 minute break -- around 6:46 pm (EDT) or 5:46 local time.

Regards,
Clouseau

1. KM was no true friend to JC. Big fight in Feb 2014 that JC did not win. KM said JC was selling weed about every other day for the past six months but KM was in a trade school learning how to weld and not in Courtland so how did she know JCs habits?
<snip>

Hi DeDee you are a awesome resource on Jessica.

When I saw KM interviewed on the CNN Special I had a gut feeling she disliked Jessica. My opinion only;but I believe KM had a vendetta against Jessica.

I do not have the news interview link.But I recall how Lisa D eyes looked haunted as she spoke about the week preceding Jessica's murder.She haltingly repeated Jessica's words & terror as she rushed in the door," the *****es think I'm snitching".

As I remembered Lisa's tormented words I immediately thought of KM's frightening vacant stare in the CNN special. My gut says KM is not to be trusted and she was not Jessica's 'best friend' as she boasted to CNN. My last word on this topic are:KM spoke of Jessican in a back handed way i.e. I am searching for the right words 'slightly shady' perhaps?

Why would Champion not use or have one of Jessica's childhood 'best' friends speak.Why allow KM to claim on CNN she is her best friend?. The jury needs to learn about her sports,cheerleading and achedemic ahievmens. Friends who speak to her character.

In the meanwhile the defense has portrayed Tellis as a Boy Scout.

:cow:

The door on the driver's side of the car was ajar and Jessica's cell phone was found broken in two pieces on the ground a few feet. from the door. A pile of burnt clothing was found a few feet beyond the trunk of the car. I don't recall whether the witness who saw the clothing said it belonged to Jessica, who was wearing underwear when she was discovered.

Based on this witness's testimony yesterday, I think Jessica was seated in the driver's seat when this incident happened and after she opened the door and escaped, she quickly dropped her cell phone that was in her hand(s) so she could remove her clothing. jmo

I curious too about where she was sitting. There didn't seem to be much room getting out either door. QT is much taller than JC. So if he was driving possible he would have moved the seat, but if so was it moved back? I remember Dixon being asked about measurements but he did not know :thinking: Not much entered into evidence.
How far down the road were the keys found?

Hmmm, defense is questioning Thompson now. Confusion on how Jessica and defendant met. He said through Kesha, but Kesha testified Jessica introduced her to the defendant.

Thank you. I thought I was going crazy looking at my notes.

Perhaps, those autopsy photos of face, neck & chest area eliminated from a juror or two the notion that Jessica actually enunciated the name Eric or Derrick.

That and the testimony of medical dir of the burn unit with 30+ years of experience with burn victims

but then you have to discount all those first responders statements/testimony. Also when he got her, her body had already started changing (swelling more).

I was thinking one/couple asked what Eric last name was or did she know Eric last name. But maybe misremembering
I could be wrong, but I think Bobkat1103 means why didn't anyone repeat the name Eric so Jessica could confirm it by nodding yes.

One witness in particular, (a lady, sorry her name escapes me--Hailey?) asked Jessica what her name was but couldn't hear her response and someone else said Jessica Chambers. She then asked Jessica. Is your name Jessica Chambers and Jessica nodded yes. Would help a great deal if at least one witness had testified that they actually repeated the name Eric to Jessica and she confirmed by nodding yes too. There's more witnesses to come so maybe at least one of them thought of that...we'll see!

Here is a look at the clothing Jessica had on when she arrived at the M&M Quick Shop.
I can't see what she had on her feet but iirc, she was wearing a pair of flip flops.
Yesterday, when a witness said he saw clothing near the rear of the car, he didn't mention her shoes. .

[video=youtube;OAk-Y8H4Z1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAk-Y8H4Z1o[/video]

but then you have to discount all those first responders statements/testimony. Also when he got her, her body had already started changing (swelling more).

The Director of the Burn Unit did not view the autopsy. He only saw the photographs and read the report of JCs autopsy. He was asked a question and could not answer it due to him not being involved in the autopsy.

However, he was shown JCs picture from the scene and described the disfigured, tight lips, charring on her tongue, swollen tissues and soot in her airway and such that didn't change much due to the fact that there was no way to administer IV fluids. She was not allowed to drink and swallow water. Her skin was so heavily burned that they could not perform traditional airway passages for intubation.

*GRAPHIC: SCROLL AND ROLL*
This witness did the very best for Jessica, although Cole H really brought the emotion to the jury. When JC attempted to speak or exhale, ashes flew from her mouth. Her nostrils fell in and out of her nose and she attempted to breathe. The fire constricted her skin tissues. Therefore, her lungs could not expand. At the hospital they cut her across the chest and along both sides of her chest and across the tummy area near the belly button so the skin could relieve some tightness. The slicing left gaping wounds.

Hickerson spoke about a victim's psyche when experiencing such a horrific immolation. He said, "The first thing a person in that condition would think is: "I am going to die".

Thanks all for the tweets and discussions of testimony from yesterday! Very much appreciated!

See you all again at 5pm (my time)! :wave:

So, will All of the witnesses who testified that Jessica spoke to them, sometimes in sentences, be impeached? It was repetitive, but powerful testimony for the jury. The jurors are going to want to know about "Eric" and they and we deserve a very good explanation. I think that pros. deliberately did NOT ask whether they repeated the name "Eric" to JC for her nod or no, non-verbal confirmation. Key timeline events and issues are ignored, as well. Makes me ill. JMO

I had to leave before testimony was finished yesterday. Did I hear the judge say that if they could stay late for a few more witnesses that testimony 'could be done in a day'? Is that correct? I would think that at least those cell records would take a while.

I had to leave before testimony was finished yesterday. Did I hear the judge say that if they could stay late for a few more witnesses that testimony 'could be done in a day'? Is that correct? I would think that at least those cell records would take a while.
No, he said they would have a shorter day today and possibly finish the trial up a day earlier than expected. Hope that helps!

No, he said they would have a shorter day today and possibly finish the trial up a day earlier than expected. Hope that helps!

Thank you Jena!

Jessica Chambers Murder Trial Day 3 Part 1 ME's and Crime Scene Investigators Testify 10/12/17

[video=youtube;_KFOlog8nN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KFOlog8nN4[/video]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica Chambers Murder Trial Day 3 Part 2 ME's and Crime Scene Investigators Testify 10/12/17

[video=youtube;tD9bCxNQpM8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD9bCxNQpM8[/video]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz