MS MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been skimming this thread, so I apologize profusely if I’m way off or if someone has already theorized this, but here’s what it looks like to me. Just my thoughts:

Something happened to Jessica on New Year’s Eve at the hands of her boyfriend. Boyfriend confides in Phone Guy and takes her phone to him early New Year’s Day so that he can hide her body somewhere other than the river (so the phone doesn’t ping with her body.) Phone Guy leaves the phone at his place but goes with the boyfriend to launch the boat. They put her purse and stuff in the boat to establish she was there (yeah, I’d never carry my purse in a boat.) Phone Guy rides down the river with boyfriend and at some point one of them gets out of the boat wearing the boots that had to be cut to fit. He’s wearing these to make it look like she got out of the boat. At some point he leaves the boots and coat behind to establish she was there.

A similar scenario is that something happened to Jessica at the hands of both the boyfriend and Phone Guy on New Year’s Eve. That would give Phone Guy more reason to be involved in a coverup.

It all sounds like a plan concocted by a couple of high dudes who watch crime tv. I hope Jessica is found and justice is served.

I hope she will be found so that justice can be served and I suspect that when all comes to light, there is a good chance that you have nailed this.

I have been skimming this thread, so I apologize profusely if I’m way off or if someone has already theorized this, but here’s what it looks like to me. Just my thoughts:

Something happened to Jessica on New Year’s Eve at the hands of her boyfriend. Boyfriend confides in Phone Guy and takes her phone to him early New Year’s Day so that he can hide her body somewhere other than the river (so the phone doesn’t ping with her body.) Phone Guy leaves the phone at his place but goes with the boyfriend to launch the boat. They put her purse and stuff in the boat to establish she was there (yeah, I’d never carry my purse in a boat.) Phone Guy rides down the river with boyfriend and at some point one of them gets out of the boat wearing the boots that had to be cut to fit. He’s wearing these to make it look like she got out of the boat. At some point he leaves the boots and coat behind to establish she was there.

A similar scenario is that something happened to Jessica at the hands of both the boyfriend and Phone Guy on New Year’s Eve. That would give Phone Guy more reason to be involved in a coverup.

It all sounds like a plan concocted by a couple of high dudes who watch crime tv. I hope Jessica is found and justice is served.
Wow. I agree. That's an entirely plausible theory given that most of the murky details of New Years Day on the river we've heard so far are uncorroborated from other sources. It neatly accounts for the boots being cut and the location of other personal items.

That is plausible. I just don't know why they left the boots behind since they point to foul play.
...."what, I thought you were grabbing the boots!"

Dup dbm....why does that happen? Back to work....

Last edited:
That is plausible. I just don't know why they left the boots behind since they point to foul play.
...."what, I thought you were grabbing the boots!"

The boots could have been cut off JS if she was killed at another location after rigor mortis had set in and put at the location to make it more believable she was there.

MOO

This! ITA. Even if you take this “story” at face value, like you believe she was in the boat, you believe she got out and walked somewhere, cut her own boots off and left her boots and gloves, etc., it makes zero sense.

I know women who hunt, personally very few that I know, but it’s not uncommon, and I certainly don’t know JS, but as for me, my boyfriend saying “hey, how about we get up first thing on New Year’s Day, get a boat, and we go see if we can kill a wild boar from the river! Oh, and you need to bring your purse in case I need some Kleenex, or you want to freshen up your lipstick! Oh, one more thing, we’re going to leave your phone with some rando guy who’s going to help us with the boat so we can get him to pick us up!”

Sure, honey, that sounds awesome.....NOT

Search for Jessica Stacks, missing four weeks, actively continues

Not much new, but quoting the article:
(Sheriff Jimmy) Edwards gave no indication he planned to stop searching. Although missing person cases usually remain open indefinitely, he cannot allocate resources to the search forever. Based on what he was told, Stacks was missing from a relatively limited area, and it can only be scoured so many times.
....with all due respect, maybe it's time to look elsewhere and consider what he hasn't been told?

Search for Jessica Stacks, missing four weeks, actively continues

Not much new, but quoting the article:
(Sheriff Jimmy) Edwards gave no indication he planned to stop searching. Although missing person cases usually remain open indefinitely, he cannot allocate resources to the search forever. Based on what he was told, Stacks was missing from a relatively limited area, and it can only be scoured so many times.
....with all due respect, maybe it's time to look elsewhere and consider what he hasn't been told?
ITA! Yes, maybe LE should start looking at where she was BEFORE the river story was given. JMO.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

NamUs Case Created: Jan 30, 2021
upload_2021-2-3_3-45-18.jpeg

Circumstances of Disappearance
Jessica Nicole Stacks and her boyfriend, launched a boat into the Tallahatchie River on New Year’s Day near a bridge on County Road 46. About two miles downstream, her boyfriend stated Stacks got out of the boat at 10am walking along the riverbank toward Highway 30.

I don't think the information on this poster is "official". A website like "TheMissingAware" usually makes their missing posters from news articles and SM posts and comments. An internet search doesn't turn up any MSM article with the time of "8pm" in it, so it would appear the information came from a less reliable source. All MSM quotes (that I can find) by the sheriff about KS exiting the boat refer to it as a estimated distance from where the boat entered the river. I've seen one mile, one and a half miles, and two miles, from the bridge on CR46.
According to her BF she got out of the boat around 10am.
He continued on in the motorless boat until about 8pm. I also dont think it takes 10 hours to float appx 2 miles downstream in a river that up 11ft.

This! ITA. Even if you take this “story” at face value, like you believe she was in the boat, you believe she got out and walked somewhere, cut her own boots off and left her boots and gloves, etc., it makes zero sense.

I know women who hunt, personally very few that I know, but it’s not uncommon, and I certainly don’t know JS, but as for me, my boyfriend saying “hey, how about we get up first thing on New Year’s Day, get a boat, and we go see if we can kill a wild boar from the river! Oh, and you need to bring your purse in case I need some Kleenex, or you want to freshen up your lipstick! Oh, one more thing, we’re going to leave your phone with some rando guy who’s going to help us with the boat so we can get him to pick us up!”

Sure, honey, that sounds awesome.....NOT

Checking back in for JS. Turning this over and over, I am afraid this is foul play - no other scenario really works. The BF is clearly the key. And maybe “phone guy”. Again, even if she did get out of the boat and start walking, he stayed in the boat alone on the river until 8pm or later IIRC. Really? Hunting boar from the river isn’t sketchy enough in the daytime (winter!) but he’s still out there 12 hours later in the pitch dark hunting boar from a boat?
It feels so hopeless that JS will be found without someone talking. I truly wonder if she was ever at the river. And what kind of a jerk let’s his GF walk off and isn’t in the least bit curious if she’s ok 1, or 2, or 4, or 8 hours later?

oh wait, he couldn’t call her because she gave her phone to “phone guy” so he had no way to check on her.

plus the plan was that they’d meet up with phone guy to be picked up, but that’s not what the BF does either.
I’m sure, as always LE knows far more than we do.

Speculation, thoughts, MOO

According to her BF she got out of the boat around 10am.
He continued on in the motorless boat until about 8pm. I also dont think it takes 10 hours to float appx 2 miles downstream in a river that up 11ft.
Yes, that timeline makes no sense at all. She gets out of the boat @ 10 am, without her purse, and not having her phone---supposedly because the boat was leaking...

And yet he manages to continue in the leaky boat for TEN more hours....all alone, with no food....and no purpose other than the 'fun' of shooting wild boar?

In that ten hours he doesn't call the 'helper' with the phone, asking him to pick up his wandering girlfriend? How did he think she was going to get home, without a purse or a phone?

Yes, that timeline makes no sense at all. She gets out of the boat @ 10 am, without her purse, and not having her phone---supposedly because the boat was leaking...

And yet he manages to continue in the leaky boat for TEN more hours....all alone, with no food....and no purpose other than the 'fun' of shooting wild boar?

In that ten hours he doesn't call the 'helper' with the phone, asking him to pick up his wandering girlfriend? How did he think she was going to get home, without a purse or a phone?
Hi Katydid. I haven’t heard about the boat being leaky! Goes way beyond sketchy. Nefarious is the word that comes to mind. And the reason JS didn’t have her phone is because the boat was leaking? BF had HIS phone, right? So his phone is impervious to river water but hers wasn’t...smh

Hi Katydid. I haven’t heard about the boat being leaky! Goes way beyond sketchy. Nefarious is the word that comes to mind. And the reason JS didn’t have her phone is because the boat was leaking? BF had HIS phone, right? So his phone is impervious to river water but hers wasn’t...smh

The BF's story has more holes than that boat...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish
Back