MS MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let's assume that sunrise in Enterprise, MS, was about 7 A.M. on Friday, Jan. 1, 2021. Her companion, Mr. Baggett, didn't report her missing until 10 P.M. -- that's 15 hours after they embarked on their river expedition that morning. What was he doing for 15 hours? That is insanity. He had a phone to contact -- anyone -- to help find her before 10 P.M.

What time did she bail out of the boat? He had to know, he had a phone with him. If you are in a relationship with someone, wouldn't you expect them to have your back? I can imagine that some sort of argument broke out between them. It had to have been a pretty serious argument to cause her to plunge into the dismal swamp, rather than stay in the boat with him. (IMO)
They supposedly got in the boat at 7 ish. According to Mr Baggett she got out of the boat at 10:00am. That was a mile and half downstream. Mr Baggett continued on for a couple more miles which took him 10 hours. (Hmmmm).
He reported her missing after he went home and took a shower. About 10:15
According to one of the articles

They supposedly got in the boat at 7 ish. According to Mr Baggett she got out of the boat at 10:00am. That was a mile and half downstream. Mr Baggett continued on for a couple more miles which took him 10 hours. (Hmmmm).
He reported her missing after he went home and took a shower. About 10:15
According to one of the articles

Yeah. Lover boy's timeline has changed with the ebb and flow of the Tallahatchie River.

I have been skimming this thread, so I apologize profusely if I’m way off or if someone has already theorized this, but here’s what it looks like to me. Just my thoughts:

Something happened to Jessica on New Year’s Eve at the hands of her boyfriend. Boyfriend confides in Phone Guy and takes her phone to him early New Year’s Day so that he can hide her body somewhere other than the river (so the phone doesn’t ping with her body.) Phone Guy leaves the phone at his place but goes with the boyfriend to launch the boat. They put her purse and stuff in the boat to establish she was there (yeah, I’d never carry my purse in a boat.) Phone Guy rides down the river with boyfriend and at some point one of them gets out of the boat wearing the boots that had to be cut to fit. He’s wearing these to make it look like she got out of the boat. At some point he leaves the boots and coat behind to establish she was there.

A similar scenario is that something happened to Jessica at the hands of both the boyfriend and Phone Guy on New Year’s Eve. That would give Phone Guy more reason to be involved in a coverup.

It all sounds like a plan concocted by a couple of high dudes who watch crime tv. I hope Jessica is found and justice is served.
Totally matches my thoughts.

I have been skimming this thread, so I apologize profusely if I’m way off or if someone has already theorized this, but here’s what it looks like to me. Just my thoughts:

Something happened to Jessica on New Year’s Eve at the hands of her boyfriend. Boyfriend confides in Phone Guy and takes her phone to him early New Year’s Day so that he can hide her body somewhere other than the river (so the phone doesn’t ping with her body.) Phone Guy leaves the phone at his place but goes with the boyfriend to launch the boat. They put her purse and stuff in the boat to establish she was there (yeah, I’d never carry my purse in a boat.) Phone Guy rides down the river with boyfriend and at some point one of them gets out of the boat wearing the boots that had to be cut to fit. He’s wearing these to make it look like she got out of the boat. At some point he leaves the boots and coat behind to establish she was there.

A similar scenario is that something happened to Jessica at the hands of both the boyfriend and Phone Guy on New Year’s Eve. That would give Phone Guy more reason to be involved in a coverup.

It all sounds like a plan concocted by a couple of high dudes who watch crime tv. I hope Jessica is found and justice is served.

[BBM]
I like your theories.
The two clowns shove off in the SS Leaky Minnow, holes plugged with bubble gum. The gum held for a few hours, but by 10:00 a.m. there was water coming in and the good crew (of 2) and tub were in peril.

so is the story that she was walking along and then the bottom dropped off and she couldn't swim? I'm confused - what does 'walk out of the river bottom' mean?
In my part of the south (not nearly as south as this), a river bottom is the area of land that’s flat where a river goes through. I don’t think it meant the bottom of a river. So, walking out of the river bottom would mean walking out of the low area back up to the highway.

In my part of the south (not nearly as south as this), a river bottom is the area of land that’s flat where a river goes through. I don’t think it meant the bottom of a river. So, walking out of the river bottom would mean walking out of the low area back up to the highway.
Yes! I'm not from the south but I would also consider the "river bottom" not to mean the literal deepest point of the actual river, but to be more of a general reference to the lower lying areas immediately surrounding the river/creek/slough/marshy area being referenced.

I’m in southeast Arkansas, quite close to the MS River. I agree...they most likely mean the low area where the river may have ran through. The river bottom can be dry one moment & water flowing through it the next esp near a river’s channel. It’s usually just the “hulled out” or low lying area where the water has ran through.
As you stated, she prob walked up a bank/slope/levee.

Hi Katydid. I haven’t heard about the boat being leaky! Goes way beyond sketchy. Nefarious is the word that comes to mind. And the reason JS didn’t have her phone is because the boat was leaking? BF had HIS phone, right? So his phone is impervious to river water but hers wasn’t...smh
Yes, the leaky boat excuse was in the 1st story.

They also said her phone was given to his son, who dropped them off, because they were going to call him for a ride.

I’m in southeast Arkansas, quite close to the MS River. I agree...they most likely mean the low area where the river may have ran through. The river bottom can be dry one moment & water flowing through it the next esp near a river’s channel. It’s usually just the “hulled out” or low lying area where the water has ran through.
BBM. Well, probably not “she” imo. But I know what you mean.

Yes, the leaky boat excuse was in the 1st story.

They also said her phone was given to his son, who dropped them off, because they were going to call him for a ride.

Not his son. Whoever dropped them off (supposedly) was the friend. He never called that friend to come get them, which had been the plan. Instead, he called his son to pick them up.

You are correct. Back in the threads someone has posted photos of the area.

Not his son. Whoever dropped them off (supposedly) was the friend. He never called that friend to come get them, which had been the plan. Instead, he called his son to pick them up.
That’s how I had remembered it, too, but I confess I haven’t gone back through msm links, and my memory isn’t the greatest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8
Back