MS MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's absolutely ridiculous that there's been no movement on this, the original story was ridiculous, and the sheriffs lame efforts are equally ridiculous. I would be outraged if I were Jessica's loved ones!
I agree !!!
I think of Jessica daily.
Wondering if any new updates are here, checking in, looking and there is nothing.
UGH

It's absolutely ridiculous that there's been no movement on this, the original story was ridiculous, and the sheriffs lame efforts are equally ridiculous. I would be outraged if I were Jessica's loved ones!
Agreed. And with all due respect, the attention that this case garnered is microscopic compared to others we've recently seen with similar fact patterns - b/f leaves (allegedly) with g/f yet b/f comes back alone.

Agreed. And with all due respect, the attention that this case garnered is microscopic compared to others we've recently seen with similar fact patterns - b/f leaves (allegedly) with g/f yet b/f comes back alone.
I think the major reason Gabby P.'s case has gotten so much attention is because there is sooooooo much footage of her and the suspected killer. We have the videos of them with the police , and all of the social media content they created.

So because of all that, the news had videos and pictures to use to get peoples attention. I think that makes a big difference.

With Jessica's case we KNOW NOTHING about her and her boyfriend, and what allegedly happened. What we have been told is so ridiculous it is OFFENSIVE. But then what? The local cops don't seem to be offended or bothered by that BS story.

I wish I knew why. Does bf have connections to LE or the DA's office?

"Her boots were later found; they had been cut off her. Her coat and gloves were found near her boots. She didn’t have her cell phone with her at the time she left the boat; it was later located and turned in, Jones said.""Her purse was in the boat, according to Jones."

Vanished New Albany woman has Chickasaw ties
Why the heck would she take her purse out in a rowboat?

What woman would voluntarily jump out of a boat shortly after getting in the boat and leave her purse and car keys behind and her phone with another man? No woman would. Period.
And she jumped out of the boat, alone, with no one there to meet her or pick her up. And had no phone or purse or keys...so what was she supposed to do? Where was she supposed to go, while cold, wet, exhausted and hungry?

While we're discussing why Jessica would leave her purse, let's discuss why BF would abandon the boat and leave her purse in the boat.

Vanished New Albany woman has Chickasaw ties

"Searchers combing the area later located the boat about a mile upriver from the Rocky Ford bridge at Etta. Her purse was in the boat, according to Jones."
Very good question. When he left the boat, he was supposedly going to meet back up with his girlfriend, right? So why would he leave her purse behind? [Other than as 'proof' she had been lost at the river that day...]

Sept. 30, 2021

Jessica Stacks missing since New Year's Day: a nine month review of the search and investigation - | NEMiss.NEWS

"Bagget told public safety officials that Willie Stinson, a Union County resident, assisted him and Stacks in putting the boat into the river. He said Stacks gave her cell phone to Stinson, so he could be called to pick them up later when they wanted to end their excursion on the river.

The small boat had no motor and no proper oars or paddles. Improvised objects, possibly including a small flat shovel, were apparently to be used to control the boat."

<snip>

"Near that spot investigators found a place where someone had sat down on the ground for a period of time. Nearby they found a tree that had been cut or chopped on with some kind of sharp instrument. Some small limbs had been cut off of the tree. Oddly, a breaker fuse, about three inches long was found, stuck in a crevice of the tree.

About 50 yards from the tree, investigators found a single green LaCrosse-type rubber boot with the top cut off. Before the boot was found, Baggett had told law enforcement officers Stacks had cut the top off of the boot because it was rubbing on her leg. Only a single boot was found, a lady’s size six or seven.
A coat believed to have been similar to one Stacks had been wearing was found near the single boot."

Jessica Stacks missing since New Year's Day: a nine month review of the search and investigation - | NEMiss.NEWS
A public safety official, close to the investigation from the first hour Stacks was reported missing, told NEMiss.News, “If you go by what he says and what little evidence we found, it matches what Baggett said.”

That same source, who has extensive experience boating on the Tallahatchie and other Mississippi streams in all kinds of weather, also said, “The river was wild that morning, a fast tricky current. There is no way I would have gotten into it in that kind of boat that morning, especially without a motor.”

A public safety official, close to the investigation from the first hour Stacks was reported missing, told NEMiss.News, “If you go by what he says and what little evidence we found, it matches what Baggett said.”

That same source, who has extensive experience boating on the Tallahatchie and other Mississippi streams in all kinds of weather, also said, “The river was wild that morning, a fast tricky current. There is no way I would have gotten into it in that kind of boat that morning, especially without a motor.”

Two things that jump out at me here:

The fact that the un-named official thinks because Baggett's story matches what they found that somehow means he is telling the truth. They just means that his STORY matched what you found. Can you say set up?

Also, if the river was truly wild that morning with a fast and tricky current, maybe this is a good place to realize that maybe no one actually got in that river on that old derelict boat. Maybe just maybe Baggett would be gone, too, if they had. But he is alive and well and Jessica is out there... Somewhere... Apart from her children... And her Mama.

Jessica deserves to be found and laid to rest. Jessica deserves justice.

The news story busts my theory for JS being killed while at the NYEve party:

Friday, New Year’s Day, 2021, 6 a.m.
"The last provable sighting of Jessica Stacks alive was at about 6 a.m. on Friday, January 1, New Year’s Day, 2021. <>

At that time, about an hour before sunrise, Stacks and Jerry Wayne Baggett were seen together, and their images were captured on a video at the West Union (Poolville) Quick Stop west of New Albany. The store is on the north side of Highway 30, between its intersections with County Road 46 and County Road 515.
The temperature was 66F degrees, warm for New Year’s Day in north Mississippi, It had rained in western Union County that morning. At 6 a.m., it was still cloudy and dark, an hour before sunrise."

Who puts a leaky boat into a dark and muddy river with a swift current before daybreak, when it's still dark outdoors, without oars, proper paddles or a motor?

Screenshot 2021-10-13 1.48.50 PM.png

"The long, straight channel of the Tallahatchie River, looking west from the CR 46 bridge, where Jerry Wayne Baggett and Jessica Stacks entered the river. Photo taken Sunday afternoon, January 10, 2021."

I do believe authorities conducted a decent search for JS, att.

Saturday, January 2, 2021, Daylight
"Extensive search and rescue resources were brought together from around the state, and an exhaustive search for Stacks started at daybreak on Saturday, January 2.
Heat seeking drones were put in the air, working a grid pattern over the flooded river and river bottom in the attempt to find Stacks.
Using boats, all-terrain vehicles and on foot, local public safety officials searched for Stacks.
They were joined in the search by more than 30 members of a task force of people certified by National Search and Rescue Association (NSRA).
"

What's up with the chopped tree with a 3" long breaker fuse stuck in it? Where is the tool that was used to do the chopping? Could using the flat shovel do that?

JS was seen on cctv at 6am and reported missing 12 hours later! That's plenty of time to do something nefarious and set the stage for an alibi. jmho

I wish all of the missing people got the same kind of attention GP is getting. I'm going to be honest, I'm kind of tired of hearing about GP & BL. Everything related to that case has been picked a part so thoroughly I'm not sure how anyone can still have anything to say about it.

But this girl has gotten NOTHING and all the others I see talked about and added on here daily have received a fraction of the attention. Everything about Jessica Stacks story is BS. The fact that LE isn't doing enough is beyond frustrating. I hope they find her. I haven't fully caught up but did they ping this guys phone to track everywhere he went?

Just because she may have been "seen" on film on CCTV doesn't mean she was still alive at that point. 6a on New Year's Day is when a lot of people are just going to bed, not getting up, after presumably partying, to go "hunting". None of the story makes sense. My opinion only but I'll bet it's shared.

Well, after dancing among fields of Delta cotton, and reading this thread again, I am back to my original theory that Jessica met with foul play well before the leaky boat was shoved into the Tallahatchie River.

I suspected in my OP that there may have been powerful political influence involved. I stand by that assumption. jmhoo

Sometimes it is who you know in the good ole boy network that helps those who may be in trouble, steer clear of potential rough spots in life. jmhoo

Perhaps her mother, along with friends, need to organize a search near and around the location of the NYE party 2020, hopefully, before winter.

JMOMHO

Sometimes it is who you know in the good ole boy network that helps those who may be in trouble, steer clear of potential rough spots in life. jmhoo
rsbm
Agreed. I grew up not far from there and once got a speeding ticket in New Albany, the Union Co. county seat. I was told that if I wanted to contest it, I had to show up at the judge's gas station, which is where he held court. I didn't like those odds and blew that off. It was over three decades ago. I doubt much has changed around there since then. MOO.

ADMIN NOTE:

If something is not allowed according to TOS, don't discuss it and don't even mention it.

Posts directing members to non approved sources is not allowed.

Posts stating information as fact without links are not allowed.

Posts violating the above conditions of TOS have been removed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back