Deceased/Not Found MS - Jimmie "Jay" Lee, 20, University of Mississippi student, drove away from apartment, Oxford, 8 Jul 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
MISSING

From University Police Dept:

Missing Person: Jimmie Lee (AKA: Jay Lee), DOB: 8/6/2001, 5’7” 120 lbs., Black and blonde hair, brown eyes.

Synopsis: Lee is a 20-year-old Black male who was last seen at approximately 5:58 a.m. on Friday, July 8 leaving Campus Walk Apartments in Oxford. Lee is a University of Mississippi student and was seen driving a 2014 black Ford Fusion with a Mississippi license plate number “JAYLEE1” and has not been heard from since.

Lee was last seen wearing a silver robe or housecoat, gold sleeping cap and gray slippers. The car has a gold racing stripe down the middle of the hood and front bumper (see attached pictures below).

If you have any information on the whereabouts of this missing person, please contact the University of Mississippi Police Department at (662) 915-7234 or (662) 915-4911.

290825220_1111719176415615_3866381815625068299_n.jpg

290350977_1111719233082276_1182550773837268035_n.jpg

Respectfully is JL transgendered? The picture appears to be a female.
My respectful thoughts, too. If so, JL may have run into hateful people...
Whatever the case, it's scary. It's been 2 days.
Was JL in summer school? If so JL should show up in class tomorrow, seems to me.
If not in school, maybe JL was on the way to a summer job on Friday, or going to a spa or gym, etc. If a job, JL may well be expected to be on the job tomorrow. We just don't know much, as usual.
JL's family and friends must be alarmed. Prayers for all of them and for LE in their search.

Jimmie's car has been found.

According to Oxford police, Jimmie "Jay" Lee's car was found Monday at a towing company after it was removed from the Molly Barr Trails apartment complex last Friday.

Police believe Lee may have been visiting someone at Molly Barr Trails at the time of his disappearance.

JL's social media links. The twitter page confirms the current education status at the university. What concerns me is JL's statements on Twitter about liking to upset people with his comments. jay lee - Instabio
That is alarming. I also wanna say - Jay states on his Twitter account that he is not trans. He is gay & effeminate.

Last edited:
Incredibly suspicious and strange that his car was towed on the very same day it arrived at that parking lot & apartment building; the very same day Jay disappeared... wondering if the person he was "visiting" has something to do with his disappearance, and had his car towed from their lot.
(just my opinion, just wondering)

EDIT: I have read some comments from people on social media who attest to the parking being very strict for the student apartment buildings. They say it is not uncommon to get towed if you don't have the right sticker for that particular lot.

Incredibly suspicious and strange that his car was towed on the very same day it arrived at that parking lot & apartment building; the very same day Jay disappeared... wondering if the person he was "visiting" has something to do with his disappearance, and had his car towed from their lot.
(just my opinion, just wondering)

EDIT: I have read some comments from people on social media who attest to the parking being very strict for the student apartment buildings. They say it is not uncommon to get towed if you don't have the right sticker for that particular lot.

Even when I was in college, a couple of decades ago, if your car didn't have a parking sticker for that apartment parking lot, your car was towed -- and quickly. Even then, the cost of the tow was a lot, but it was the only way to get your car back. No mercy.

I would think Jay Lee would know that -- maybe he was planning on staying there only a very few minutes. Someone may have reported his car in the lot or something else must have happened...

University of Mississippi student missing (msn.com)
[Jay] is five feet, seven inches tall weighing around 120lbs. Lee also has black and blonde hair with brown eyes.

University of Mississippi Police Chief Daniel Sanford is urging anyone with information to contact law enforcement said they will provide an update on the case Tuesday morning.

“Law enforcement continues to actively search for Jimmie, but community involvement is an essential part of any missing person case. We urge anyone out there with information regarding Jimmie's whereabouts to contact OPD, UPD, or Crime Stoppers, no matter how small they feel the piece of information might be. Working together it is my hope that we can see that Jimmie is safely returned to his family. We will send out an update on the case tomorrow morning through our normal channels,” Sanford said.

Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for anyone with information that leads to Lee’s whereabouts.

If you have any information on his whereabouts, call the University of Mississippi Police Department at (662)-915-7234 or (662)-915-4911.

‘Pretty unsettling’: Ole Miss students react to missing 20-year-old (yahoo.com)
[Ole Miss senior student Tyler] Butler said, “ worry probably because I didn’t know if it was a good night gone bad or somebody with more hostile intentions.”

“It’s kind of scary actually because now you have to be aware until you know what’s really going on,” said neighbor and Ole Miss senior Lakiowa Milan.

On Monday afternoon, police said his Black Ford Fusion was found at a towing lot after it was towed from the Molly Barr Trails complex Friday afternoon.

For Milan, finding the car brings more questions than answers.

“Definitely sketchy for sure but hopefully there’s a good explanation, I feel like that’s out of character from what I know about him,” she said

University of Mississippi student missing (wreg.com)
Lee’s friend, Lakiowa Milan, says Lee is a kind person who never bothers anyone.

“He’s really energetic, nice, friendly. He’ll talk to anybody. He’s kind of the life of the party. Real sweet,” Milan said. “So, its just unfortunate something like this has happened so close to home.”

20-year-old Jimmie Lee has been missing since early Friday morning, wearing a silver robe, gold cap, and gray slippers.

His neighbor, Lakiowa Milan, says Lee’s disappearance is highly unusual, and it’s putting residents in their apartment complex on edge.

“I hope it’s not what it is,” Milan said. “They should be alert now if it is a kidnapping because it is unlike him.”

More at CrimeStoppers offer $1,000 reward for info on missing Ole Miss student

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back