Deceased/Not Found MS - Jimmie "Jay" Lee, 20, University of Mississippi student, drove away from apartment, Oxford, 8 Jul 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I keep googling Jay Lee's name, hoping for an update, but there is nothing. How has his body not been recovered yet? This is devastating.
IMO, his body has not been recovered yet because there is no incentive for Herrington to talk and reveal it's location.

Herrington will not talk or reveal the location of JJL's body until it is of benefit to him - in the form of a lesser plea deal in exchange for the location of JJL's remains.

Breaks my heart, JJL's family deserves closure and justice.

IMO, JMO and etc.

'I cannot think of anything negative:' Letters from friends, family paint picture of Ole Miss grad charged with murder - Mississippi Today
And here again we see overwhelming proof that people are capable of both heavenly and horrendous things, some genuine and some for show. I think Tim was putting on a show for everyone and didn't want to accept the reality that he was gay. That's understandable. Killing your lover, who happens to be one of the most beautiful and giving people I've read about on this site... c'MON. RIP Jay Lee - you woulda done some wonderful things

Meanwhile, police still have not found Lee’s body more than 75 days after he went missing. Lee is the third feminine-presenting queer person killed in Mississippi this year, according to the Human Rights Campaign – a number that reflects the high rate of violence against the state’s small LGBTQ community.

The Oxford Police Department has not shared new information about the case since the preliminary hearing when Ryan Baker, a detective, testified that Herrington drove a moving truck to Grenada the same day that he allegedly killed Lee and retrieved a shovel and wheelbarrow from his parent’s house in the GlenBrook neighborhood.

But it’s unclear to what extent OPD is working with law enforcement in Grenada. The sheriff, Rolando Fair, told Mississippi Today he could not comment because “the investigation is not my investigation” and no one from Oxford has reached out to him personally even though officers executed a search warrant on Herrington’s parent’s house in late July.

In his letter to the judge, Fair wrote he has known Herrington’s family for over 20 years.

Last edited:
OCT 5

OXFORD = A man charged with murdering a missing University of Mississippi student and jailed since late July has asked the court for a new bond hearing.

Timmy Herrington, 22, of Grenada, is charged with first degree murder in the death of Jimmy “Jay” Lee, 21, of Oxford, who disappeared July 8 but his body has not been found.

Herrington has been held without bond since his arrest July 22.

In the document filed Monday in Lafayette County Circuit Court, defense attorney Kevin Horan argues that Herrington deserves a bond hearing because the recent grand jury failed to indict his client and there is no proof that Lee is even dead.

More at Suspect in missing Ole Miss student case files motion for bond hearing

Last edited:
DEC 1

OXFORD, Miss. (AP) — The man charged with first-degree murder in the case of a University of Mississippi student who has been missing since early July was released on a $250,000 bond Thursday.

Sheldon Timothy Herrington Jr., 22, faces a murder charge for the suspected killing of 20-year-old Jimmie “Jay” Lee, whose body has yet to be found after his July 8 disappearance. Lee was well-known in the LGBTQ community of the town of Oxford, and his disappearance sparked fear among students and residents.

More at https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...h-murder-of-ole-miss-student-released-on-bond

It's been 6 months. :(
I cannot believe it's been that long...

Supporters of Jimmie ‘Jay’ Lee rally in disapproval of suspect’s release (msn.com)
Herrington, 22, a fellow student of Lee is charged with first-degree murder in this case.

Herrington was released from jail on a $250,000 bond.

The affidavit says Oxford Police believes Herrington killed Lee in an incident stemming from a relationship between the two.

Other law experts say charges like this can stick even without a body being found.

Meanwhile, Herrington and his family have claimed he’s innocent.

so hard to wait when something so outrageous has happened but that's how the system works. I don't think anyone should think for one second this won't be prosecuted. It is just going to take time.

JL has gained quite a few admirers in the wake of his passing. We won't forget.

MAR 29

OXFORD, Miss. — A 22-year-old Grenada man has been indicted on a capital murder charge in connection with the death of an Ole Miss student who is still missing.

A Lafayette County grand jury indicted Sheldon Timothy Herrington Jr., after a day and a half of testimony, according to a release from the Oxford Police Department. Herrington was served with the indictment Wednesday morning. Police said Herrington is still under his previous bond, and trial will be set for a later date.

MAR 29

OXFORD, Miss. — A 22-year-old Grenada man has been indicted on a capital murder charge in connection with the death of an Ole Miss student who is still missing.

A Lafayette County grand jury indicted Sheldon Timothy Herrington Jr., after a day and a half of testimony, according to a release from the Oxford Police Department. Herrington was served with the indictment Wednesday morning. Police said Herrington is still under his previous bond, and trial will be set for a later date.

This is such a sad case. I'm glad an arrest has been made.

Lee didn’t say who he was going to meet, Baker testified that the friend recalled, but said he had blocked the person on social media following a fight they’d had a few hours earlier. The person then reached out on Snapchat “under a username Jay Lee didn’t recognize,” Baker testified Lee’s friend said, and “offered to do something to Jay Lee they’d never done before” that was implied to be sexual in nature.

In the messages, Herrington asks Lee to “come back” to his apartment, but Lee initially refuses, calling the way Herrington treated him earlier that night as an “ move.” Lee then says that he thinks Herrington is “just tryna lure me over there to beat my *advertiser censored* or something.” Herrington replies, “you trippin,” adding, “I do feel bad because we cool so I ain’t trying to end it like this.”

Lee replies the only way he will go back to Herrington’s apartment is if Herrington reciprocates oral sex, and Herrington agrees. Lee tells Herrington it won’t “end up good” if he tries to “hurt me or some *advertiser censored*.” Herrington replies “I know.”

As Baker and his lieutenant are interviewing Herrington, other officers execute a search warrant on his apartment, obtaining several items including his MacBook, keys, and a pair of dark-colored shorts. Officers also seize a Walmart receipt that shows Herrington bought duct tape at 6:41 a.m. The DeSoto County Sheriff’s Office walks its “cadaver dogs” – K-9s trained to identify the smell of a dead body – through Herrington’s apartment. The dogs “alert” three times in Herrington’s bedroom and once in the living room area.

Police also bring in for questioning the driver of the Kia Optima who says that he was driving on Molly Barr Trails the morning of July 8 when he saw Herrington jogging. The driver says that Herrington told him he was “gassed” from a run and needed a ride back to his apartment.

and, ooof. idk how anyone would believe his innocence at this point

July 29

Police search Herrington’s parent’s house in Grenada after getting a search warrant. Officers also obtain video footage of Herrington retrieving a long-handle shovel and wheelbarrow from his parent’s house and putting it into the back of the box truck.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn
Back