Found Safe MS - John Aubrey Peal III, 14, Olive Branch, 1 Aug 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Family fears predator used video game messaging app to target child

John Aubrey Peal III, 14, was reported missing by family from his home in Olive Branch around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Police said Peal was last seen Tuesday around 11:30 p.m. Peal’s sister said she told him goodnight, and when the family awoke on Wednesday, he was nowhere to be found.

“He took $100, cellphone, cell phone charger, backpack and a portable hard drive,” Peal said.

Police told the family he may be out with a friend, but the boy’s parents later found out he was using a videogaming messaging app called “Discord.”

“That’s where he’s meeting people,” Peal said. “The first thing that comes to my head is he’s not on his phone for 30 hours. He’s talking to somebody on Discord, and they took his phone away when they got him.”

The Peals started researching the gamer chat app and they were horrified.

upload_2018-8-4_13-3-35.jpeg

Olive Branch Police Department

WLOX

Olive Branch Parents Believe Missing Son Was Lured By Predator Through Video Game Messaging App

14-year-old missing out of Olive Branch

Family fears for Olive Branch teen missing after chat on gaming app
According to the app's website, it's a voice and text chat for gamers. He showed the app to his sister before he disappeared.

"He said you can just type in the show you like and there's like, a whole bunch of group chats on it."

The Peal family says their son is not the type to leave home, and he doesn't have many friends. In fact, they say his favorite thing to do is sit in the house and play video games.

Well, I asked my kids if there was any way we could search him up on discord and my daughter said we would need his user name and the random numbers that would have been assigned to him when he signed up.

Parents believe missing son was lured by predator through video game messaging app

Heartbreaking:
“My plea is to bring my son home. Leave him, leave him at a gas station. I don't care where you leave him. I'll get him to leave my son somewhere. Let him call me. I will get my son,” pleaded father John Peal.

If John is using Discord he may also be using other chat apps and unfortunately that's where paedophiles & the like go to groom kids :(

Parents believe missing son was lured by predator through video game messaging app

Heartbreaking:
“My plea is to bring my son home. Leave him, leave him at a gas station. I don't care where you leave him. I'll get him to leave my son somewhere. Let him call me. I will get my son,” pleaded father John Peal.

If John is using Discord he may also be using other chat apps and unfortunately that's where paedophiles & the like go to groom kids :(
My daughter said that discord is probably not where he was talking to people. She said that usually people only add people they know or play games with. It’s a gaming conversation group. Someone would have to know his username and the numbers assigned to him to add him themselves. I thought if we could search by his name we could see who he was talking to but that’s not how it works.

They just showed his parents in a really short clip on HLN. Very sad. I hope that the authorities were quick to collect all of his electronic data. It seems like per the article posted above, his phone hadn’t been on for 30 hours? Which is extremely concerning. Hopefully LE can track where it was last on.

My daughter said that discord is probably not where he was talking to people. She said that usually people only add people they know or play games with. It’s a gaming conversation group. Someone would have to know his username and the numbers assigned to him to add him themselves. I thought if we could search by his name we could see who he was talking to but that’s not how it works.

People use it for other types of conversations. A link can be posted as an open invitation to join a conversation. Anyone who is interested clicks the link and you’re in. It probably started off as a casual conversation about gaming and the person

People use it for other types of conversations. A link can be posted as an open invitation to join a conversation. Anyone who is interested clicks the link and you’re in. It probably started off as a casual conversation about gaming and the person
I asked my two if they had ever had anyone asking strange/uncomfortable questions or been invited to private conversations. They both said no. They are 13 and 16 and yes they tell me when someone is doing something they shouldn’t on a forum. I’m not saying it couldn’t happen on discord but she thinks it was another app. She even named a couple that she said she wouldn’t use because of the way they talk.

I hope that discord has a way to track what members are on what forums and will give that info to LE.

They just showed his parents in a really short clip on HLN. Very sad. I hope that the authorities were quick to collect all of his electronic data. It seems like per the article posted above, his phone hadn’t been on for 30 hours? Which is extremely concerning. Hopefully LE can track where it was last on.

I read where the mom said they do have a cyber unit involved as well as a PI. This is in my state, though I not close by.

In reference to another post about Olive Branch's proximity to Tn and more specifically, Memphis, I feel sure (IMO) that it is a given that they are covering those bases. There is quite a lot of crime that crosses that stateline. My opinion is that the OBPD is well-versed in that aspect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back