GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not even her family are talking about it anymore publicly. I've gotten to where I'm kind of uncomfortable asking them if there is any news....because they have nothing to tell. It's sorta like some of them have just moved on. I would not stop until I found my mother.

Thank you NCISMS for this bit of local insight to the case.

And now that I hear this there is something that just does not feel quite right to me. But keep in mind that my instincts do at times develop a mind of their own and can at times run amok, lol :rolleyes:. Also, I don't want to speak unjustly about the family as they may all well be victims in this and could just be at a complete loss as to what to do if LE is being unhelpful.

The thing is, there are just so many possibilities. These are just a few that have gone through my mind :

1) Maybe LE has been giving Linda's family the runaround and have more or less been stonewalling them leaving them at a loss so they have decided to just keep quiet.
2) Maybe LE has been overly accusatory and focused too much on Linda as a suspect rather than a victim, to the point that the family is just afraid to say anything else.
3) Maybe the family is just torn, unsure or may actually have doubts about their mother.
4) Maybe LE has informed the family that they have actual evidence that their mother embezzled money, so the family is no longer talking.
5) Maybe Linda has actually contacted the family somehow, and they know where she is or that she is at least safe, so are now protecting her thus trying to deflect attention away from her case.
6) Maybe the family has suspicions about the business owners and are afraid to say anything due to possible threats of liable or slander.
7) Maybe the family has been instructed by LE or by their attorney not to discuss the case with anyone. Plus, not everyone is like Beth Holloway and others, who will come out and do whatever they have to do to bring attention to their missing loved one, come hell or high water. Some people are just more private and may be more the type to defer to LE.
8) I'm not sure if this is actual fact or not, but IIRC it had been mentioned that there had been some type of family conflict over some property that Linda had sold. And, maybe the family wasn't that close anyway, either of which could affect the family dynamics and how motivated they are to seek justice and find her.

The problem is, there's lots and lots of room for speculation and suspicion to grow in the absence of light shed on a case such as this. :twocents:

Not even her family are talking about it anymore publicly. I've gotten to where I'm kind of uncomfortable asking them if there is any news....because they have nothing to tell. It's sorta like some of them have just moved on. I would not stop until I found my mother.

Weird, I just noticed that my last two posts have the poster's quotes at the bottom. Didn't do it on purpose and not even sure how it happened. :waitasec:

So, me and my husband were talking....since law enforcement and the family aren't saying anything, could it be possible that Linda has been found safe? Perhaps, she DID NOT embezzle money, WAS NOT abducted. Maybe she got tired of everything and decided she just wanted to leave. I mean, being a grown woman...she assumed she could do what she wanted. If this is the case, SHE didn't file a missing persons report on herself...so she can't get in trouble for that. I have never heard of an adult getting in trouble just because they "move on". This is just my opinion. Maybe the family is too embarassed to say anything. Again, this is only my opinion. I only wish we knew what the law knew about this.

So, me and my husband were talking....since law enforcement and the family aren't saying anything, could it be possible that Linda has been found safe? Perhaps, she DID NOT embezzle money, WAS NOT abducted. Maybe she got tired of everything and decided she just wanted to leave. I mean, being a grown woman...she assumed she could do what she wanted. If this is the case, SHE didn't file a missing persons report on herself...so she can't get in trouble for that. I have never heard of an adult getting in trouble just because they "move on". This is just my opinion. Maybe the family is too embarassed to say anything. Again, this is only my opinion. I only wish we knew what the law knew about this.

Anything is possible.
The only thing is, the vehicle, the tooth etc.
If she wanted to just move on, she should have just moved on.
Its impossible to comprehend putting your family through this kind of torture

If its a case of moving on, there had to be a kinder way JMO

Anything is possible.
The only thing is, the vehicle, the tooth etc.
If she wanted to just move on, she should have just moved on.
Its impossible to comprehend putting your family through this kind of torture

If its a case of moving on, there had to be a kinder way JMO

I agree. However, I do not think she is alone, because of her vehicle. Someone had to meet her and maybe they "drove off into the sunset" together. Did law enforcement ever say they found a tooth, or was it the family that said that? I remember it being said, I just do not remember who said it.
This WHOLE THING is such a mystery! I am from Copiah county, and not a word is being said!! GRRRR!!:banghead:

According to the Help Find Linda Reed Facebook page, he's still classified as missing, and the family has called the FBI every week for an update on the case. The case is still listed as open, and nothing new has been told to the family.

We don't have any answers about that claim of missing money. If there was no money missing, you would expect that to be reported. Are they hoping to arrest her when she contacts a family member? Or did something terrible happen to this woman? We may never know.

According to the Help Find Linda Reed Facebook page, he's still classified as missing, and the family has called the FBI every week for an update on the case. The case is still listed as open, and nothing new has been told to the family.

We don't have any answers about that claim of missing money. If there was no money missing, you would expect that to be reported. Are they hoping to arrest her when she contacts a family member? Or did something terrible happen to this woman? We may never know.

I'm beginning to believe that our society is entering into one of a police state. Thus, the majority of law enforcement has the opinion they have all the power, in spite of the fact that they are there only because of our votes and only as a result of our tax dollars. Unfortunately, they still feel no obligation to answer to anyone. Different counties and agencies are different of course, but in light of the history of this particular LE and their communications concerning this case, I am not holding my breath. The fact is, not only are they in the business of law enforcement, but also in the business of public service. Why the secrecy? Something to hide? Or, are they just lazy and apathetic and don't give a damn? Your guess as good as mine. Either way, it's frustrating and pathetic, imo. Sorry for being so blunt and jaded, but what can I say???

I'm beginning to believe that our society is entering into one of a police state. Thus, the majority of law enforcement has the opinion they have all the power, in spite of the fact that they are there only because of our votes and only as a result of our tax dollars. Unfortunately, they still feel no obligation to answer to anyone. Different counties and agencies are different of course, but in light of the history of this particular LE and their communications concerning this case, I am not holding my breath. The fact is, not only are they in the business of law enforcement, but also in the business of public service. Why the secrecy? Something to hide? Or, are they just lazy and apathetic and don't give a damn? Your guess as good as mine. Either way, it's frustrating and pathetic, imo. Sorry for being so blunt and jaded, but what can I say???

Extremely frustrating
And thats how it feels from an outsider, looking in.
As public servants, it is their duty to help those in need
If i were a relative of Lindas, i would want answers, regardless what they were, good or bad.
I suppose it is very possible that LE has told the family more than the public knows.
I hope they have told them everything they know.
Anything to help them cope with the worry that they live with.
If she were my mother, aunt, wife.. I would rather feel anger than be scared shi#tless that she may have been abducted, murdered etc.
The uncertainty would be so difficult to deal with.

A friend of mine had a brother go missing many years ago
The hardest thing to live with was never knowing
For the rest of her life, she lived with that, never knowing what happened to him, was he dead, was he alive

I like blunt and jaded! I wish someone would tell what's going on. We've got her on prayer lists, etc., it'd be great on Sunday mornings when we go over our prayer list at church to be able to tell the pastor we can take her off, that she's been found safe. Just to know something, anything would be great!

This is one of those stories that will drive you nuts. Followed since day 1...now nothing.

I am a member of this family. And I can yell you this family has and continually go through he'll everyday not knowing what happened to Linda. We do contact the FBI and local law enforcement every week. We no longer speak to media because of the lies they tell and their plug and play reporting. We are at a loss of knowing where to look. After searching none stop for well over four weeks and we the lies the media have spread we are physically and emotionally drained. While many of these comments are hurtfull, some have been right on target with our questions. Many of the rumors I have seen on here are absolutely false. I will just name a few.
-The place she worked had no security camera. All security footage was from other businesses and the family are the ones who made LE come and look at the footage hoping LE could enhance it. The only thing on the footage showed her returning from walmart at 7:58 Pam Sunday night.
-Linda had no land our property to sale. The property she and her husbands home sits on is the only land they have and none of which was sold.
- Lindas ex husband of over twenty plus years made dentures, not her husband now.
- There was a broken tooth from a bridge found in the vehicle along with a house blanket a few yards away. This is why family fears the worst.
-family has begged for LE to process the inside of her vehicle, the blanket, her mobile Home at work.
-glasses were going by the blanket. LE still say they are Linda's. They are not her glasses nor has she had black wire framed glasses ever. LE will not process glasses for fingerprints or snap.
-family has begged LE to process inside of vehicle, mobile home, blanket and the questionable glasses but they will not.
-Linda loved her husband, children, grandchildren and mother. She was was a very family oriented person and family was everything to her. Therefore we do not believe she would ever run off and leave us to look for her body fearing the worse.
- we do not want to bash LE. Our intentions have been and will always very to find Linda.
- We have cooperated, offerred our phone and email accounts and offered to take polygraphs to prove that we don't know where Linda is and that we do fear the worst.

I apologize for the rant but I have sat back quietly for far too long. Of course we want the truth whatever it may be. Alive under any circumstance is still alive! Unfortunately we don't think that's the case and unroll we have been given proof otherwise, we will stand firm in the person we know her to be.

I am a member of this family. And I can yell you this family has and continually go through he'll everyday not knowing what happened to Linda. We do contact the FBI and local law enforcement every week. We no longer speak to media because of the lies they tell and their plug and play reporting. We are at a loss of knowing where to look. After searching none stop for well over four weeks and we the lies the media have spread we are physically and emotionally drained. While many of these comments are hurtfull, some have been right on target with our questions. Many of the rumors I have seen on here are absolutely false. I will just name a few.
-The place she worked had no security camera. All security footage was from other businesses and the family are the ones who made LE come and look at the footage hoping LE could enhance it. The only thing on the footage showed her returning from walmart at 7:58 Pam Sunday night.
-Linda had no land our property to sale. The property she and her husbands home sits on is the only land they have and none of which was sold.
- Lindas ex husband of over twenty plus years made dentures, not her husband now.
- There was a broken tooth from a bridge found in the vehicle along with a house blanket a few yards away. This is why family fears the worst.
-family has begged for LE to process the inside of her vehicle, the blanket, her mobile Home at work.
-glasses were going by the blanket. LE still say they are Linda's. They are not her glasses nor has she had black wire framed glasses ever. LE will not process glasses for fingerprints or snap.
-family has begged LE to process inside of vehicle, mobile home, blanket and the questionable glasses but they will not.
-Linda loved her husband, children, grandchildren and mother. She was was a very family oriented person and family was everything to her. Therefore we do not believe she would ever run off and leave us to look for her body fearing the worse.
- we do not want to bash LE. Our intentions have been and will always very to find Linda.
- We have cooperated, offerred our phone and email accounts and offered to take polygraphs to prove that we don't know where Linda is and that we do fear the worst.

I apologize for the rant but I have sat back quietly for far too long. Of course we want the truth whatever it may be. Alive under any circumstance is still alive! Unfortunately we don't think that's the case and unroll we have been given proof otherwise, we will stand firm in the person we know her to be.

Thank you so very much for your input. Have you contacted the State Police? I personally think you need to go around the local LE, as they are apparently not doing their job. The State Police would have jurisdiction in any case of negligence or malfeasance on the part of local LE, at least in any other state that I know of, though I am no expert and don't claim to be one.
I apologize for anything that has been speculated upon here that may have seemed hurtful to Linda or your family. Again, we are only speculating w/o any real knowledge. And we think only the best of her, unless there is evidence of anything different, which we realize there is no evidence of. We are all behind finding, rescuing, getting Justice for Linda. We really are here to help. Please let us know what we can do. Thank you again, and hope you stay in touch.

Thank you so very much for your input. Have you contacted the State Police? I personally think you need to go around the local LE, as they are apparently not doing their job. The State Police would have jurisdiction in any case of negligence or malfeasance on the part of local LE, at least in any other state that I know of, though I am no expert and don't claim to be one.
I apologize for anything that has been speculated upon here that may have seemed hurtful to Linda or your family. Again, we are only speculating w/o any real knowledge. And we think only the best of her, unless there is evidence of anything different, which we realize there is no evidence of. We are all behind finding, rescuing, getting Justice for Linda. We really are here to help. Please let us know what we can do. Thank you again, and hope you stay in touch.

Thank you neesaki,

I've been praying for Linda since day one when she unfortunately disappeared. I am hoping for her to be found safe. Whatever happened to her I still pray for her safety and well being. Please update when you can tell us what help you need in finding out what happened to Linda. God bless you and your family. Hoping that one day soon, she will be found safe.

We were told by the FBI that FBI can not come in and take over the case since we can not prove she was taken across state lines. At this point they can only do what local LE requests them to do. We do not wish do bad mouth or blame local LE because we think they are doing what they can but it is a small county with little budgets for cases like these. Of course we want everything processed and everyone given polygraghs. I understand these thing are time consuing and expensive but feel it necessary. Texas Equui Search offered to fly in a certified polygraphist (spg?) and cover all expenses to polygraph the all family and all co-workersbut LE would not allow it. I do have to say thank you to our community. They have shown tremendous love and support to our family during all of this. They have prayed for us, hugged us, cried with us and basically took care of us during our searches and still check on us regularly despite the untrue news report from last month.

In response to one previous comment ...
- the family has not given up
-we did not take down posters nor flyers
-strangers and vandelas removed posters and flyers after the false report that the had been found
-we do not talk to the media. They still report incorrect info not to mention that they have taken what we say and twisted it into a plug and play to get whatever they want.
- the only station that has reported accurately as well as ethically has so far been fox 40. The reported there has kept in touch and calls regularly to simply offer prays, support and check on us.

Local LE still say they believe she is alive. We just wish they would share whatever it is so that we could have some hope. But all they tell us is that there are no new leads, no new info and there is no missing money and she is still considered a missing person. Very frustrating.. I even called them because someone on here had posted something to the effect of... that they had a friend at the sherriffs department and he said-----. I asked the investigater how they could discuss the case with their friends and not Lindas family and he of course denied that anyone at the department would do that....hhhuuummm... really???such crap! Someone should loose their job over that if they did. Am I wrong? Wouldn't that be unethical and illegal? Impeading or interfearibg with an investigation??? I also feel that WLBT'S paid informant that gave them false info last month should be prosecuted. I am incorrect???

First of all I and I am sure all of us here are sorry for the pain you and your family are enduring. Do you have any speculation what has happened?

I sometimes wonder what I would do if this happened to my family.

Do you have a plan you want to implement? Can we help? There are so many resources on this site that can help you. All you have to do is ask.

As hard as it is I wouldn't take a stance against LE. That just closes any communication down the road. Is there a person that can act on behalf of the family to communicate?

Have you considered a PI?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back