GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems that the only thing we know for sure is that Linda Reed is missing, has disappeared, under mysterious circumstances. And while many of the missing persons that have forums here on WS are listed by the FBI as Missing Persons, she is not. Not sure what the FBI's qualifications are for "missing persons". Anyone with any insight ? TIA

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/@@wanted-group-listing

Unsubstantiated information is just rumour
So for me, at this time, the information about her alluding cameras is just rumour
Its certainly possible, but unproven at this point.

I worry that this kind of information makes people less likely to care about her disappearance.
Running off with the money AND a lover or accomplice?

I don't know how long it would take for forensic accounting to be completed
I don't know how big or successful the business was.

I wish more information would be released
Her family must be frantic

Agree. Would be nice to know if there was any money missing, how much and who may be suspect. Sounds like hush, hush....cover up at this point. IMO Certainly odd that her family is no longer pushing for some kind of media coverge for their missing.

I don't think she was abducted,the attacker would have had to have gotten into her SUV and hid while she was in Walmart.That would have shown up in the camera.And if it didn't, and he still got into her SUV without being seen,it would mean he would have had to had his car parked nearby where he planned on taking her and since the dogs sniffed her tracks leading up to the main road,it would be very risky for the abductor to risk beeing seen trying to hold her at gun or knife point in front of traffic.Its possible but just seems unlikely for a planned abduction.

I think it was someone she knew...and he/she/they just dumped her car there. IMO

I don't think she was abducted,the attacker would have had to have gotten into her SUV and hid while she was in Walmart.That would have shown up in the camera.And if it didn't, and he still got into her SUV without being seen,it would mean he would have had to had his car parked nearby where he planned on taking her and since the dogs sniffed her tracks leading up to the main road,it would be very risky for the abductor to risk beeing seen trying to hold her at gun or knife point in front of traffic.Its possible but just seems unlikely for a planned abduction.

IF it is a stranger, could this have been a "follow home" situation? Someone sees her get in the car, or sees her driving and follows her to a more convenient location to rob/abduct her? I have been following the case, but the maps/locations have been confusing.

For awhile in the 90s in L.A. that was the big crime in the area. You would be scoped out and followed to your driveway, place of business or an empty intersection.

IF it is a stranger, could this have been a "follow home" situation? Someone sees her get in the car, or sees her driving and follows her to a more convenient location to rob/abduct her? I have been following the case, but the maps/locations have been confusing.

For awhile in the 90s in L.A. that was the big crime in the area. You would be scoped out and followed to your driveway, place of business or an empty intersection.

It just seems unlikely in this case. What would be the motive? Her cash was still in her wallet along with her credit cards,etc. Doubtful would be a sex crime as those perpetrators target younger women, not someone her age, imo.

Ok, just reading back over things. Article From WAPT.com on May 1 talks about all the searching done where car was found. (sorry don't know how to post link from iPad.)Someone mentioned this before. What I hadn't noticed before is the listing of WHO helped search. The article mentions, friends, emergency workers, AND co-workers from Moore fabrication.

Then they decided to make crime scene? I'd think the location would indicate need for investigation. All our suspects/co-horts are virtually cleared by helping search.

The crime/abduction was conTaminated first thing. The article also mentions the sheriff also hoped she's just wandered off! :banghead:

How well does sheriff know LGR, or is he in need of retirement in case he wanders off?

I still wonder if Linda stumbled onto something at the plant, didn't have to be money related. Maybe back at home that night someone knocked on her door asking for ride? Someone who then abducted, murdered her, and THEN helped search for her. Wonder how close searchers were allowed to the vehicle. If I was perp who'd done it, my prints would be all over it by end of search...

All above :moo:, theories only, not assumed to be anything else at this point in time...

It just seems unlikely in this case. What would be the motive? Her cash was still in her wallet along with her credit cards,etc. Doubtful would be a sex crime as those perpetrators target younger women, not someone her age, imo.

I very much agree with your statemant, neesaki. I don't think it was sexual in nature.

I'm NOT trying to start rumors, or in this case, more rumors, BUT........Today, as I was driving by Linda Reed's sons house, it dawned on me. HE has a neighbor who is a convicted murderer. Years ago, this man killed his wife. He is now remarried, and VERY, VERY religious. I'm not sure about how much time he served, but I do know he is on probation FOR LIFE! Could, possibly, LGR was visiting her son, done or said something to make this man mad, and HE killed her? Personally, I do not believe so, but....with this mystery, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!:dunno:

LE's seems to be on a roll in many cases of not wanting to give out any info. Very frustating!!!

It's just ridiculous that there has been no information forthcoming on the progress of this case. I guess it just comes down to someone needs to get on LE's butt, imo.

I mean, really, what in the heck is going on??? Are they just letting it go, or is LE working this case the way they should?! The fact is that the public is entitled to be informed. As far as I know, LE is still being payed with taxpayer dollars ? That means, they are employees of the taxpayers, therefore answer to the taxpayers. So it's time for a report from LE on the status of this case. Really ridiculous that there's been no word for this long.

There are way too many cases out there that are similar to this, that the public citizens who fund LE and pay their paychecks, are left in the dark for very, very long periods of time. I have to say that it's time someone is held responsible, and time for someone to give some answers. :maddening:

Here's the thing. If they believe that she left of her own free will, I can understand why they might suspend their investigation. But, if that's the case, they should notify the public. Instead, we heard that they were looking into the company's finances. Since then, we've heard nothing except for an apparently erroneous report that she was arrested in Mexico. Are they finished looking at the finances? Where did the money go?

I am and have been since the beginning of this case concerned that the investigation wasn't handled properly. All I have to base my opinion on is what I have seen through media and FB.

From day one, with Barnie Fife working the scene to the bogus calls to the media about her being spotted in Mexico makes me think there is some kind of cover up going on.

I am and have been since the beginning of this case concerned that the investigation wasn't handled properly. All I have to base my opinion on is what I have seen through media and FB.

From day one, with Barnie Fife working the scene to the bogus calls to the media about her being spotted in Mexico makes me think there is some kind of cover up going on.

It's either a conspiracy to hide the truth or the doings of imbeciles. I'm on the fence right now. This woman is supposed to draw Social Security soon. Someone shared a story with me a few weeks ago about a woman who had disappeared and started a life in a new city. They said she had been on Social Security the whole time, but Social Security stuff is off limits even to the police. I can't verify that to be the truth. But it's what I read in the story. It was quoted from the investigator in charge of the case. That means that Linda Reed could be living anywhere in the United States and could be cashing her Social Security checks for spending money and could have bought a home with a boyfriend with money taken from this business. And, if nobody knows the guy, nobody would have the slightest clue. They're just the retired couple who moved in next door.

Here's the thing. If they believe that she left of her own free will, I can understand why they might suspend their investigation. But, if that's the case, they should notify the public. Instead, we heard that they were looking into the company's finances. Since then, we've heard nothing except for an apparently erroneous report that she was arrested in Mexico. Are they finished looking at the finances? Where did the money go?

Exactly. Do the locals need to worry about abductions or robbery maybe, or is this an isolated incident? If I lived there, I'd be concerned. Especially if I was older. Although it doesn't look like a robbery with money left behind, maybe she actually had more, and someone saw her put in her purse. Maybe they just grabbed maybe an envelope she'd put it in, and didn't take the time to go through her billfold, or other areas of her purse.

Just tossing out random thoughts.

I'm on the fence - first I think she was "disappeared" and hopefully LE has more info than they're sharing. Then I think she engineered her own disappearance, either for safety purposes, or to get away with the cash~
Either way, an update would be great.
:fence:

It's either a conspiracy to hide the truth or the doings of imbeciles. I'm on the fence right now. This woman is supposed to draw Social Security soon. Someone shared a story with me a few weeks ago about a woman who had disappeared and started a life in a new city. They said she had been on Social Security the whole time, but Social Security stuff is off limits even to the police. I can't verify that to be the truth. But it's what I read in the story. It was quoted from the investigator in charge of the case. That means that Linda Reed could be living anywhere in the United States and could be cashing her Social Security checks for spending money and could have bought a home with a boyfriend with money taken from this business. And, if nobody knows the guy, nobody would have the slightest clue. They're just the retired couple who moved in next door.

I don't know WHAT is true about Social Security, but there are other cases around the boards here where LE has come out and said that no one (a missing person they are looking for) has been using their SSN, thus indicating that they were deceased. So, I don't know why in some cases they can check and in other they can't check.
And my two cents: why would it be wrong for LE to check or SSA to confirm/deny that there is activity? I don't understand that.

I don't know WHAT is true about Social Security, but there are other cases around the boards here where LE has come out and said that no one (a missing person they are looking for) has been using their SSN, thus indicating that they were deceased. So, I don't know why in some cases they can check and in other they can't check.
And my two cents: why would it be wrong for LE to check or SSA to confirm/deny that there is activity? I don't understand that.

I can't locate the story now, and I don't remember exactly what it said. But I just checked around for a few minutes and found this link.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/foia/html/ltrfwding.htm

Perhaps SSA can't even give out address information to police.

I was in Crystal Springs this past weekend for the Tomato Festival and saw flyers for Linda hanging on a couple of vendor tents. My SIL that lives there hasn't heard a word lately. I'm still highly suspicious of the Moore boss that came out and said money was missing. Well, was it? I'm so afraid this is being swept under the rug.

Thoughts and prayers for the family as they continue on without answers.

It seems we'll never know what happened here. I joined this site because of this case. But I am glad I found you guys. I am interested to know what happened to alot of these people. I wish they would tell us something....anything in relation to Mrs. Reed. It just seems like since they said that she was allegedly found in Mexico......we've not heard another single thing. It's almost like they want this case to go away. Weird. P.S. I'm from Carrollton, Ms....where Mrs. Reed lived with her husband on weekends. Everyone is baffled by this.

It seems we'll never know what happened here. I joined this site because of this case. But I am glad I found you guys. I am interested to know what happened to alot of these people. I wish they would tell us something....anything in relation to Mrs. Reed. It just seems like since they said that she was allegedly found in Mexico......we've not heard another single thing. It's almost like they want this case to go away. Weird. P.S. I'm from Carrollton, Ms....where Mrs. Reed lived with her husband on weekends. Everyone is baffled by this.

:welcome:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back