GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm a local too and understand why this case seems so confusing to you guys. It seems as if Shannon Moore started bringing up the books fairly quickly, yet the Sheriff asked the FBI to come in very early (because we are not equipped for this) and so much was not adding up. Her scent was the only scent detected in and around her vehicle. The tooth that was found was hers, but it was from a partial, so it wasn't that hard to imagine someone removing it themselves. A lot of folks with glasses have extra pairs. There was no sign of a struggle. No blood. No crime scene.

As a mother, I cannot imagine leaving my kids or grandkids intentionally and have been believing that she was taken or met with foul play because "she knew too much". But I am beginning to believe she disappeared on her own. Now the rumors of how much money is missing is starting to circulate. Who knows if there is any truth to it or not. Remember, it is a small town, but if it is, I can see why she might haVe felt she had no choice but to disappear.

Do you see any searches or LE activity going on? The media is awfully quiet.

I'm a local too and understand why this case seems so confusing to you guys. It seems as if Shannon Moore started bringing up the books fairly quickly, yet the Sheriff asked the FBI to come in very early (because we are not equipped for this) and so much was not adding up. Her scent was the only scent detected in and around her vehicle. The tooth that was found was hers, but it was from a partial, so it wasn't that hard to imagine someone removing it themselves. A lot of folks with glasses have extra pairs. There was no sign of a struggle. No blood. No crime scene.

As a mother, I cannot imagine leaving my kids or grandkids intentionally and have been believing that she was taken or met with foul play because "she knew too much". But I am beginning to believe she disappeared on her own. Now the rumors of how much money is missing is starting to circulate. Who knows if there is any truth to it or not. Remember, it is a small town, but if it is, I can see why she might haVe felt she had no choice but to disappear.

Then the question comes up, how did she work that out if she left her vehicle and ID behind. Had to have had assistance, imo.

Thinking about and praying for Linda.... where could she be? I just hope that wherever she is, she is alive and well. Afraid this one will go cold and no answers will ever be revealed.

Welcome!

I just have trouble wrapping my brain around a 65 year old woman choosing money over family. It seems like it would have to be a well thought out plan that would surely leave a trail of purchases to make this kind of plan work. It seems more likely she was set up to take the fall for someone.

I think the missing money sucked the wind out of her family's sails. They need to get a second wind and keep the case in the media.

I live nearby and haven't seen any signs of searching recently. The area where her SUV was found was wooded, it would have offered cover to someone hiding a vehicle or waiting to be picked up (whether she hid her car there or someone else dumped it there) but it was very close to the main road and you could hop right onto the interstate from there as well.

I pray she is safe and well. I also hope for her family's sake that there are answers very soon. If it were my mother/spouse the unknown would be awful

MagnoliaMom- That is what I have been saying all along. I just can't see a 65 year old mother and grandmother faking an abduction and leading her family to believe she was abducted and, let's face it, most likely murdered. Who puts their family through that? If you have done something that you cannot face up to, tell them you are going on a trip. Go somewhere that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the US and then call or write your family. But don't put them through this. That this what I haven't been able to move past this entire time. However, I wouldn't embezzle money either (not saying she did-just saying the mindset of an embezzler may be different)

And would those amounts be enough for someone to start a new life with a new identity, in another country, including later being reunited with her family?..IMO to obtain forged documents and secret travel alone would eat up an aweful lot of money.

And would those amounts be enough for someone to start a new life with a new identity, in another country, including later being reunited with her family?..IMO to obtain forged documents and secret travel alone would eat up an aweful lot of money.

And what an ordeal to go through to go to such extremes: the time, the planning, the trouble, the energy it would take, especially for a 65 year old grandmother. I'm not that age, and I would never even consider doing something so outrageous and, to me, so preposterous. :twocents:

And what an ordeal to go through to go to such extremes: the time, the planning, the trouble, the energy it would take, especially for a 65 year old grandmother. I'm not that age, and I would never even consider doing something so outrageous and, to me, so preposterous. :twocents:

That is probably part of the reason the sheriff feels so strongly she is still in the area.

That is probably part of the reason the sheriff feels so strongly she is still in the area.

And if that is the case, then she has to live the live of a recluse, and to me thats just not worth it.. Yes you have the money,but to not be seen in public?. If she is alive and this is the senario then i would think that she has moved somewhere quiet remote within the USA. jmo..

I believe she doesn't really have a lot of money. I don't think she was saving it with the plans of retiring on her ill gotten gains one day. I think it was more along the lines that she has been skimming and fudging for a while and she knew that something was about to happen that would make that come to light. Remember tax season just ended. Maybe she knew that there was something related that was about to catch her. Or perhaps the company's books were about to be audited. Who knows? Then again, maybe she decided to take a big payday..... Or, she discovered someone else taking a big payday. Lastly, she could have still been carjacked/stranger abducted but it really does not look like that at this point based on the evidence. The sheriff, Harold Jones, has promised to give more details as to why he feels she was not abducted, is still alive and in the area in the coming days. We're still waiting to hear though......*drumming my fingers*..........

I believe she doesn't really have a lot of money. I don't think she was saving it with the plans of retiring on her ill gotten gains one day. I think it was more along the lines that she has been skimming and fudging for a while and she knew that something was about to happen that would make that come to light. Remember tax season just ended. Maybe she knew that there was something related that was about to catch her. Or perhaps the company's books were about to be audited. Who knows? Then again, maybe she decided to take a big payday..... Or, she discovered someone else taking a big payday. Lastly, she could have still been carjacked/stranger abducted but it really does not look like that at this point based on the evidence. The sheriff, Harold Jones, has promised to give more details as to why he feels she was not abducted, is still alive and in the area in the coming days. We're still waiting to hear though......*drumming my fingers*..........

I have heard the same thing about Harold Jones believing she was not kidnapped. I wish I knew what they know!

At 10pm, the media reported that according to law enforcement sources Linda Gale Reed has been found alive but a was "unable to confirm with FBI spokesman that she was arrested in aculpulco (sp) Mexico with a large sum of cash."

Well, I'll be darned. Perhaps the police believed she was alive because she may have secured a passport and took it with her.

This has been a strange case from the start. I expect the truth to be strange, too.

I am surprised. We all hear and speculate about missing people running to some tropical location with some cash--- but how often has it actually happened?? Usually they are hiding out in a nearby area or familiar city or dead.
Waiting to hear more about this from MSM.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895
Back