GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Items purchased at walmart were: 2 boxes(reams of copy paper that she took to the office, bread, lunchmeat, a gallon of tea, 3 or 4 individual bylaw of tea, and a half pound. + or - of bananas. Bread and lunchmeat was there and opened. She had made and ate a sandwich after returning from walmart. She took the paper to the office,. A full gallon of tea was in the fridge. There was one old banana there, not the fresh ones she bought and the individual teas where not there either. She bought these for items for lunch during the week.

There was petty cash taken from her possession. We have informed police but they keep reporting that her money was in her purse but she kept petty cash(at the owners request) away from the office at night in case someone robbed the business.

As far as a disagreement? Possible. Family has all offered to take polygraghs, but only one family member was asked to take oof and Three employees that I've been made aware of.

As far as her leaving or having another man, we don't think that is the case. Linda had been married before and would have just divorced if unhappy. She was independant and had enough income if she wanted to leave and knowing her as we do she would have divorced plain and simple. For a lack of not having any other way of saying it, she didn't take much crap. You can do right or get out. She was a straight to the point and tell it like it is woman.

Linda was about 5' 4" tall and weighed about 170 lbs. And there was no scent of her on the ground. Only the blanket and in the car. That's what I was trying to explain in my earlier post. The blanket is maybe queen sized. Its what we southerners refer to as a wedding quilt. And it was laid out coled in half longways. You could lay a person and wrap them in it the way it was laid out.

Also we feel it was someone she knew because Linda wouldn't have opened the door for a stranger at night.

I am not sure what kind of dogs were used. They also used helicopter with thermal imaging.

Strangulation could also explain the broken tooth. ( bridge/partial)

LE went through the mobile home but did not process it(not even fingerprints)
also, there was a pair of laytex gloves on a table in the mobile home. Strange thing is that Linda is allergic to laytex.) We have tried to express this to LE but they don't find it unusual. But we defibately think it is strange.

@ bit analizer...
1. No they have not. LE polygraghed three employees. Thee were six to eight employees there that night.
2. They were not officially opened. It is a machine/welding shop. So it is not unusual for employees to be there at odd hours and on any given day. If a customer (24 hour manufacturer) has a machine down and need a part made they would get called out.
3. Yes, only one entrance through the gate but there is a spot in the back by Linda's mobile home where the fence does not come completely down to the ground. And a small to medium sized person could crawl underneath it.

Out of the 6-8 employees, do you know how many heard Linda ask to leave the gate open? Did all of the other employees leave at once (seems that way)?

TIA for answering so many questions.

Any knowledge of any of the employees having a criminal record or history of drug abuse? Surely LE would have already done background checks on every single employee, and for that matter, the employees family's as well. But if they didn't even process her home as a crime scene, which is totally inexcusable, imo ..... well, let me just say that nothing should come as a surprise at this point. TIA

At Hienekeeman and missingm..I tried to reposnd to your PMs but I don't see that they have been sent. Did you get them?

The only one I'm aware of is an ex-employee that had a history. Her boss's brother. But LE isn't telling us anything about who if anyone they may be checking into.

Not certain as the people there has changed repeatedly. At first it was these guys then it changed to different guys. And they gave LE different names than they originally gave us. W still aren't sure who was or wasn't actually there. Time clocks can be easiy manipulated.

@ helpfindlinda, as for a timeline of events, will you shed light on Linda's whereabouts the weekend she went missing? Also, will you clarify how she was determined to be missing, by whom, and how it was reported?

Here's a draft/start of a timeline

Apr 27. Linda worked in Gallam then traveled to Carrolton?
Apr 28
Apr 29. Linda returns to Gallman from Carrolton

Apr 29 ~ 745 pm. Linda left Walmart.
Apr 29 ~ 900 pm. Linda talks with husband. (cellphone?)
Apr 30 ~ ??? Linda determined to be missing. (how?)
Apr 30 ~ ??? Pm. Linda's car found.

April 26- worked then went grandsonsbball bball game in Gallman with her daughter, son and daughter in law
April 27- she did work then head hone to Carrollton
April 28- she was in Carrolton with husband. Went to stepgrandsobs bball name and I believe stepgrandaughters karate match. Also bought flowers for cemetary
April 29- went to church with husband in Carrollton (I think) then drove to Philadelphia to visit her 87 year old mother and they took flowers to cemetery. In meridian. Then she drovehome to Gallman. Ran to walmart around 7:00. She spoke to her son on the phone while at walmart. Walmart has her on camera checking out around 7:38. Neighboring business has her on surveillance camera arriving back at moored at 7:51. We know she sole to her husband at 8:51. She told him she was getting ready to go to bed. Moored people say they saw her at 8:30 and they say she told them to leave the gate open because she was going back to walmart. They all say she was still at moored when they left between 8:30 and 9:00.

April 30- I think moored called her daughter around 8:00am because she wasn't at work. Her daughter began calling family and friends looking for her and within an hour searched walmart parking lot, contacted LE and other family. We had her cell phone pinged around 10:30am. Family began searching that area and her car was found maybe 12:30 ish by her son and a family friend using the cell coordinates.

April 26- worked then went grandsonsbball bball game in Gallman with her daughter, son and daughter in law
April 27- she did work then head hone to Carrollton
April 28- she was in Carrolton with husband. Went to stepgrandsobs bball name and I believe stepgrandaughters karate match. Also bought flowers for cemetary
April 29- went to church with husband in Carrollton (I think) then drove to Philadelphia to visit her 87 year old mother and they took flowers to cemetery. In meridian. Then she drovehome to Gallman. Ran to walmart around 7:00. She spoke to her son on the phone while at walmart. Walmart has her on camera checking out around 7:38. Neighboring business has her on surveillance camera arriving back at moored at 7:51. We know she sole to her husband at 8:51. She told him she was getting ready to go to bed. Moored people say they saw her at 8:30 and they say she told them to leave the gate open because she was going back to walmart. They all say she was still at moored when they left between 8:30 and 9:00.

April 30- I think moored called her daughter around 8:00am because she wasn't at work. Her daughter began calling family and friends looking for her and within an hour searched walmart parking lot, contacted LE and other family. We had her cell phone pinged around 10:30am. Family began searching that area and her car was found maybe 12:30 ish by her son and a family friend using the cell coordinates.
Thanks for laying out the sequence of her moves leading up to her disappearance. Wow, that's quite a bit of travel and activity on Sunday, clearly a reason to be ready for bed by 9ish.

Just thinking out loud here. The latex gloves found in her home seems telling since she was allergic to latex. It implies to me that someone (or two) brought them with them, which then seems premeditated. Was Linda privy to information that someone didn't want to get out? Or, did someone know about the petty cash and rob her? A robbery gone bad?

I am sorry, helpfindlinda, for bringing up gruesome scenarios. Please know that it is only intended to help.

Yeah and she did this every weekend for the last 11+ years.

@ bit analizer...did you get my PM? I've responded to three PMs today but it doesn't show they have been sent. Am I not sending them correctly?

At bit analizr again... no, those are all scenetious we have considered and think are right on target but LE doesn't seem to think the gloves are anything. VERY FRUSTRATING! I want to throw my Hands in the air every time I go through my list with them and scream WTF???( sorry for the implied foul language)

Hello helpfindlinda,
Glad you're here and fighting for Linda.

ok, this is going to sound crazy, but did they tell WHICH tooth from a partial they found? One from the front could indicate being punched which I think would cause bleeding? One in the side or back being struck in the head possibly causing Linda to become unconscious as well as causing the upper and lower jaw to strike awkwardly breaking the tooth from the partial?

sorry to be so descriptive, but just thinking about how she got from point a - her home, to point b - the woods. Unconscious, or fighting furiously?

I'm still thinking that the perp was there the morning Linda's car was found, and most likely was all over that car purposely leaving fingerprints everywhere.... :maddening: did they check for prints on her car ever?

Tooth came from a bridge that she had in the top and front. Not sure exactly which tooth. Thinking if someone grabbed her from behind to strangle her and if she put up a struggle, this could have broken a bridge...??? Also think that once unconscious they wrapped her in the house blanket then put her in the car and drove to car site. Again then carried her in the blanket to the road. This could explain why dogs only hit on her scent in the car and on the blanket several yards away. No scent of Linda on the ground which makes us think she was carried back to the road and she did not walk herself.

As of today LE still has not processed the inside of the vehicle. And they say they will not. So we are trying to get a family friend to fingerprint it for us as a favor.

Tooth came from a bridge that she had in the top and front. Not sure exactly which tooth. Thinking if someone grabbed her from behind to strangle her and if she put up a struggle, this could have broken a bridge...??? Also think that once unconscious they wrapped her in the house blanket then put her in the car and drove to car site. Again then carried her in the blanket to the road. This could explain why dogs only hit on her scent in the car and on the blanket several yards away. No scent of Linda on the ground which makes us think she was carried back to the road and she did not walk herself.

As of today LE still has not processed the inside of the vehicle. And they say they will not. So we are trying to get a family friend to fingerprint it for us as a favor.

BBM
Another thought about being a front tooth and no blood found in the car IIRC? Could have been simply someone putting their hand over Linda's mouth to keep her from crying out? An ill-fitting bridge or a poorly made bridge with pressure placed in the right spot I'm sure could pop a tooth off.

That's shameful that LE won't process her car. I think that's negligence - they're not doing their part of what's reasonable and normal treatment from LE in a missing person-possible homicide. If Linda was keeping someone's books aside from her regular job maybe she found out something she wasn't supposed to. It'd be interesting to know if she kept books for any other business - one maybe with close ties to local LE...

all the above, just speculations....trying to think of a way to bring Linda home

HelpfindLinda...

Can any light be shown on why Sheriff reported for first several hours that Monday, that this was considered a dementia case. Sounds as if family were present to inform LE her mind was sound. Did he jump the gun to speak with media hounds before speaking personally to the family about her state of mind. Real shame how this is all working out, or rather, not working out. Mrs Linda is on my mind daily and I wish I knew how to help find her. Wild thought here, but, did Mrs Linda know anyone well that works for sheriffs dept. Part of this looks like our local LE just isnt very bright, and another part looks like they maybe know something THEY dont want getting out. Seems they are blocking all the logical workings of a crime scene. I pray these questions get answered, and its also my prayer SHE gets to do the answering, safe and returned to her family.

A concerned, with you and for you, local.

Thanks for the timeline and other info!!!

What areas have been searched?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back