GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Or thoughts exactly!!!! As far as the car and mobile home, they have released or to family. They are not willing to process them. We have a family friend in LE from another part of the state who can fingerprint them for us on his own. I understood he could run them with our permission. We do realize it wouldn't be admissable in court but at this point we want the truth. The car sits locked up at her son's house and the family is trying to get the mobile home processed before we move it from the company property.

As far as the handling of the car dump site, her son begged them not to drive it, begproperty to tow it on a roll back and he is the one who put up caution tape because the deputies didn't have any and they where walking all over and around FURRIATING!

Or thoughts exactly!!!! As far as the car and mobile home, they have released or to family. They are not willing to process them. We have a family friend in LE from another part of the state who can fingerprint them for us on his own. I understood he could run them with our permission. We do realize it wouldn't be admissable in court but at this point we want the truth. The car sits locked up at her son's house and the family is trying to get the mobile home processed before we move it from the company property.

As far as the handling of the car dump site, her son begged them not to drive it, begproperty to tow it on a roll back and he is the one who put up caution tape because the deputies didn't have any and they where walking all over and around FURRIATING!

What is the excuse that LE gives you for not processing the evidence at the crime scene? Sounds like the local media, both TV and newspapers, could interview the family and put pressure on LE to work this case appropriately. Who wants to live in an area where LE does not properly handle criminal cases?

LE says they can't print the inside of the car because of the texture of the interior. Keep in mind the steering wheel is smooth. I feel they can't because they have contaminated everything. Even her mobile home. They knocked pictures off on the floor and shuffled through drawers leaving stuff strewn everywhere. The broke the closet rod down but did not take one fingerprint. Their reason was it didn't look like a struggle had taken place there but the blanket came from inside the house! She was 65, what kind of struggle would they expect? Someone could have easily stranggled her there without much signs of a struggle IMO. The broken bridge was broken with sum of the gum material (artificial) still attached.

Also, someone had asked about the type of laytex gloves. They where not cleaning gloves. They are like hospital gloves. They were left lying across a desk in the kitchen near her computer. She is allergic to laytex!!!! No one in her family has ever seen her wear laytex gloves for cleaning or potting plants or anything. It was immediately suspicious to us. They were there the very first time we went in with LE to see if she was inside hurt or something. Up unroll then no one not family or LE had even been inside. So we know without a doubt that they were not from LE.

To Helpfindlinda have you been around the co-workers and/or the employer family members since all this happened?
Reason I'm asking is this: It is possible that the tooth from the bridge was broken as a result of her biting someone during a struggle.
Human bites are very nasty. Most of the time the person who gets bit will require IV antibiotics, dressings, and they usually end up in the hospital because the bite won't heal. I've seen very healthy men lose fingers because of human bites.
If this person were hanging around, you'd notice a bandage perhaps on their arm.
When I saw that a tooth was found from a bridge, that who scene just popped into my head. Just curious.

Why were they going through her things like that and making such a mess?? What did they say they were looking for?? Why go through the trouble of rummaging around in her stuff and not check for fingerprints? That's crazy

LE says they can't print the inside of the car because of the texture of the interior. Keep in mind the steering wheel is smooth. I feel they can't because they have contaminated everything. Even her mobile home. They knocked pictures off on the floor and shuffled through drawers leaving stuff strewn everywhere. The broke the closet rod down but did not take one fingerprint. Their reason was it didn't look like a struggle had taken place there but the blanket came from inside the house! She was 65, what kind of struggle would they expect? Someone could have easily stranggled her there without much signs of a struggle IMO. The broken bridge was broken with sum of the gum material (artificial) still attached.

Also, someone had asked about the type of laytex gloves. They where not cleaning gloves. They are like hospital gloves. They were left lying across a desk in the kitchen near her computer. She is allergic to laytex!!!! No one in her family has ever seen her wear laytex gloves for cleaning or potting plants or anything. It was immediately suspicious to us. They were there the very first time we went in with LE to see if she was inside hurt or something. Up unroll then no one not family or LE had even been inside. So we know without a doubt that they were not from LE.

Sounds to me like they weren't looking for Linda. Sounds like they already knew where she was, they were looking for Something in her home.

Either they had some rather inept individuals processing her home, or they tore up things on purpose looking for something. MHOO

IIRC it was reported she did accounting work on the side? If this is correct, does her son know who she might have worked for, or is there a professional courtesy to keep your client names private? If gloves were near her computer, perhaps someone was trying to, or made her access something on it?

It really troubles me now that I read a bit of gumline was attached with the tooth found. The partials can crack when dropped, but... Does anyone know if these are permanent partials, or something she took out when she went to sleep? Not sure what difference that might make other than she was struck in some way, or the partial was dropped as she hastily carried it from the house-maybe dropping in a concrete parking lot somewhere. The piece of tooth fell off and wasn't missed at first, or found before Linda left the vehicle either under her own power, or not. :(

It almost sounds like she learned something someone involved with LE didn't want to become public. But unless more than one person is involved, how could the whole LE team be so inept? The whole team? Isn't there someone with a conscience or a brain in their head who recognizes they've not handled things appropriately? Children would recognize that, just from television exposure from the multitude of crime shows on.

No, I'm not there and don't have all the information available. I understand crimes aren't solved in an hour, but to me, SOMETHING SMELLS.

:moo: :moo::moo:
Just rambling theories of what might have happened to Linda, and ways to help bring her home...

To Helpfindlinda have you been around the co-workers and/or the employer family members since all this happened?
Reason I'm asking is this: It is possible that the tooth from the bridge was broken as a result of her biting someone during a struggle.
Human bites are very nasty. Most of the time the person who gets bit will require IV antibiotics, dressings, and they usually end up in the hospital because the bite won't heal. I've seen very healthy men lose fingers because of human bites.
If this person were hanging around, you'd notice a bandage perhaps on their arm.
When I saw that a tooth was found from a bridge, that who scene just popped into my head. Just curious.

I agree, human mouth is nasty, sorry folks. I worked in a dental practice and was just poked by a sharp edge of appliance from a mouth, and not even bitten. Yikes! Had to take 2 wks of penicillin, as infection was raging and scary! I was young then (early 20's) and was never ever sick from anything, so imagine someone maybe a decade or so older with not so healthy an immune system... Don't know why I envision a bit older person, but....just a thought.

Sounds to me like they weren't looking for Linda. Sounds like they already knew where she was, they were looking for Something in her home.

Either they had some rather inept individuals processing her home, or they tore up things on purpose looking for something. MHOO

IIRC it was reported she did accounting work on the side? If this is correct, does her son know who she might have worked for, or is there a professional courtesy to keep your client names private? If gloves were near her computer, perhaps someone was trying to, or made her access something on it?

It really troubles me now that I read a bit of gumline was attached with the tooth found. The partials can crack when dropped, but... Does anyone know if these are permanent partials, or something she took out when she went to sleep? Not sure what difference that might make other than she was struck in some way, or the partial was dropped as she hastily carried it from the house-maybe dropping in a concrete parking lot somewhere. The piece of tooth fell off and wasn't missed at first, or found before Linda left the vehicle either under her own power, or not. :(

It almost sounds like she learned something someone involved with LE didn't want to become public. But unless more than one person is involved, how could the whole LE team be so inept? The whole team? Isn't there someone with a conscience or a brain in their head who recognizes they've not handled things appropriately? Children would recognize that, just from television exposure from the multitude of crime shows on.

No, I'm not there and don't have all the information available. I understand crimes aren't solved in an hour, but to me, SOMETHING SMELLS.

:moo: :moo::moo:
Just rambling theories of what might have happened to Linda, and ways to help bring her home...

BBM, I totally agree. I too would like to see a complete list of businesses she worked for. Sounds like the Moore family had enough businesses to keep a number of books around on their own.

Keeping Linda and you all in my thoughts and prayers. This is maddening and that it to a bystander states away, I can't imagine what you all are going through, HelpFindLinda.

I believe the bridge was permanent. Not 100% certain but in 20 years of knowing Linda, I've never seen her with it out day or night.

As far as other customers, we know several personally but most of her records where taken by FBI and have not yet been returned.

Helpfindlinda,
Thanks for so patiently answering all our questions, and reading all our thoughts and theories. Linda has a good friend/relative - not sure, but it doesn't matter; she's lucky to have you in her corner. We're still praying for her...thanks for keeping us updated. Now if we could just do something about local LE. Can't the FBI Prod them along in the right direction? Sorry, I'm speaking out of turn again....

As usual, rambling theories based only on the info I'm aware of.....
:please: Linda, we're looking for you.....

When I started this thread, I'd have never thought that we would be here almost 4 months later and still No Linda. It just breaks my heart for all of you HelpFindLinda! I will continue to lift Linda up in prayer for safety and answers for all her loved ones.

Praying for Linda and her family today....

Today is Linda's husband's birthday. Saturday was their anniversary. Friday is Linda's birthday. Please continue to pray for Lou, her children, her mother, granchildren and friends. This week is difficult without her home where she belongs. Mostly pray that she is found so that we can have peace and closure. Not knowing is the most horrible thing imaginable. Thank you.

Today is Linda's husband's birthday. Saturday was their anniversary. Friday is Linda's birthday. Please continue to pray for Lou, her children, her mother, granchildren and friends. This week is difficult without her home where she belongs. Mostly pray that she is found so that we can have peace and closure. Not knowing is the most horrible thing imaginable. Thank you.

I hope your family receives answers quickly. Linda and her loved ones are in my thoughts often.

Yes, helpfindlinda, the not knowing has to be the worst. GB Linda on her birthday wherever she may be. Believe me, Linda is in my thoughts and prayers.

I cannot imagine the agony of Linda's mother, children, and grandchildren. I'm so sorry to say that I feel if Linda were alive, she would certainly be in contact with her family. I just do not believe she ran away, or had any part in her own disappearance.

LE should have done more while the case was still fresh, and they should do more now than they are doing.

GB you all!

I hate to say it but I just feel very angry about this case....I cannot believe how this case has been handled. Evidence that should have been tested and investigated early on have been ignored. LE doesn't seem to care. Granted, they might care....it just seems like they don't care.

Has anyone from the family tried contacting Linda's co-workers and asking them a few questions about their feelings or perceptions?

I hate to say it but I just feel very angry about this case....I cannot believe how this case has been handled. Evidence that should have been tested and investigated early on have been ignored. LE doesn't seem to care. Granted, they might care....it just seems like they don't care.

Has anyone from the family tried contacting Linda's co-workers and asking them a few questions about their feelings or perceptions?

I feel the same way. I am very angry at the way this case has been handled. I feel like a letter needs to be written to the AG or someone in authority over the local PD.

{{Hugs}} and Praying all of you get answers! :please:

Nothing new to add, just wanted to mention that I have not received any response from the Clarion Ledger "investigative journalist" I emailed a while back...nothing, nada, not even a kiss my #%^^. I did read where the newspaper, like many newspapers in the country, are laying off and cutting back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0
Back