GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wanted to say a few things....thanks so much for keeping this thread alive. It's very interesting to me since I am from Carrollton, Ms. I had never met Linda, however.....the thought about her needing money at all is interesting. I don't know if you all know this, but....her step son is kind of a local star. He won the History Channel's "Top Shot". (Google it). He went on to get several sponsors and is on the Outdoor Channel, does cameos for History Channel, etc., and then opened a top of the line sporting goods store here called Outlaw Sporting Goods. I wouldn't assume that she was doing all the bread winning since her husband's son is a local celebrity that won a good deal of money from Top Shot, not counting what he's made since then. We've not heard one single thing locally about Linda since they picked her up. Nobody is even talking about it. It's just a very interesting story, and I wish I knew a little more about why she did it.

I enjoy coming here and reading everyone's thoughts.

Oops, got the wrong winner.

Can't wait to find out the whole story. I am STILL blown away that Linda did this voluntarily.

Just when I think her actions couldn't surprise me more, she is acting like she doesn't recognize her loved ones?! Wow... What is going on with Linda? I feel so badly for her family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really, what could she say at this point to them? Maybe she figures it would just be best to me quiet...or her lawyer advised her to?

Can't wait to find out the whole story. I am STILL blown away that Linda did this voluntarily.

I was blown away when her family/husband said they still believe she was abducted! I suspected there were other "lax" bookkeeping practices going on as well... since his early speculation on monies being missing.

This is a shame that there is trouble with the reward being collected.

Just when I think her actions couldn't surprise me more, she is acting like she doesn't recognize her loved ones?! Wow... What is going on with Linda? I feel so badly for her family.

While, if true, she stole from her employer she should be held accountable, but I'm going to sit on the fence until we hear the full story from both her and her family. Having worked at Moore's for over 13 years and her and hubby had been married 12; so from the beginning, they have been living together only on the week-ends. Did either side of the family find that strange in the least?

I can't understand why the physical and mental evaluation hasn't been done yet. Maybe she is objecting and it has to be presented and then ordered by the court?

I know this has nothing to do with Linda Reed, but we had a real tragedy in Crystal Springs (Copiah County) today. A woman and her 3 great grandchildren were killed in a car wreck this morning. Please keep the family in your prayers. If it is not appropriate to post this on websleuths I will will remove this post. I just thought the family could use all the prayers they can get.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/20095584/3-children-1-adult-dead-in-copiah-county-accident

So Shannon Moore is good friends with the investigator on the case? Why does that not surprise me...

After he told her on a Friday he’d call her back the next Monday, she gave him until the Thursday after that to call her back, Bess said.

“I called him again, and now he just won’t answer at all. He said he was good friends with the investigator on the case, which I thought was a strange comment to make to someone. I wondered if I should call the investigator,” she said.

I don't understand what the deal is with the reward money. People donated money (and one of the Moores donated the bulk of it, I guess) so it should go to the lady that called in the tip. She shouldn't have to beg for it. I am wondering if the Moore that donated the money took it back? I dunno.

On any case, when reward money is put up, and a legitimate tip comes in it needs to be paid. Otherwise some tipsters might decide that there isn't a good reason to call in. Not paying messes up the whole system.

The reward amount was based on pledges. 5,000.00 pledged by Shannon Moore, 10,0000.00 pledged by Tim Miller with Texas Equu Search. Linda's son put 3,000.00 in the account, one of Linda's friends put 500.00 in account to open it. 200.00+ was put in by unknown community members. Moore pledged the 5,000.00 and never "withdrew the pledge. Mr. Tim said he would pay their check directly if she were found however It's our understanding that when she was changed from missing to wanted they would not pay. (I completely understand this on his part but we were never notified so we couldn't make the change. Mr. Moore also never put his pledge in the account either. I also want everyone to know the family does not even have access to the account. A family member actually met with Lori Bess yesterday in Longview and personally thanked her and shared tears and hugs. We have absolutely no problem with her receiving the money that is in the account. It's our understanding Mr
Moore is sending her the check for monies in the account (around 3,800.00) Lori is a hero to this family for answering our prayers. We have begged for answers and right now we know she is alive and that is far better than what we have feared for the last six and a half months. Please continue to pray for our family and thank you for all of the prayers over the last six months. I hope this isn't rambling, and I'm sorry I haven't been able to give an update but we are still trying to make sense of everything that has happened.

any word on if she'll be facing prosecution? Or if she's been in touch with her family?

The reward amount was based on pledges. 5,000.00 pledged by Shannon Moore, 10,0000.00 pledged by Tim Miller with Texas Equu Search. Linda's son put 3,000.00 in the account, one of Linda's friends put 500.00 in account to open it. 200.00+ was put in by unknown community members. Moore pledged the 5,000.00 and never "withdrew the pledge. Mr. Tim said he would pay their check directly if she were found however It's our understanding that when she was changed from missing to wanted they would not pay. (I completely understand this on his part but we were never notified so we couldn't make the change. Mr. Moore also never put his pledge in the account either. I also want everyone to know the family does not even have access to the account. A family member actually met with Lori Bess yesterday in Longview and personally thanked her and shared tears and hugs. We have absolutely no problem with her receiving the money that is in the account. It's our understanding Mr
Moore is sending her the check for monies in the account (around 3,800.00) Lori is a hero to this family for answering our prayers. We have begged for answers and right now we know she is alive and that is far better than what we have feared for the last six and a half months. Please continue to pray for our family and thank you for all of the prayers over the last six months. I hope this isn't rambling, and I'm sorry I haven't been able to give an update but we are still trying to make sense of everything that has happened.

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time, HelpFindLinda. And I am relieved and thankful that Linda was found alive and well, versus the alternative which is something no one ever wants to have to hear or be confronted with in their lifetime.

Thank you so much for the update. Hope we hear from you again soon. :wave:

Thank you for the update and information. You and your family have been in my thoughts and I am sending positive wishes your way.

Sending love and light your way, helpfindlinda.

Still no news on what is going on with Linda. ): I check Copiahcounty.org every day and still nothing posted about her.

Any knowledge of the next court date? Her preliminary hearing should be coming up soon.

On facebook page "Prayers for Linda Reed", her daughter states that Linda will appear in court on Monday, Dec. 17th. She said she hopes the case is dismissed or at least they will set bail so she can be home for Christmas.

Prayers to Linda and her family. I can't make heads or tails of what went on here but am grateful she was found and hopeful they can sort it all out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13
Back