Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

(Snipped by me)

It really confuses me about the children stating Myra went with mama.

And thank you WS, Myra has so many people that care about her.

I've thought about some ideas about the confusion.

1) The kids went in when mom told them, then sneaked back out when she pulled away and dad never noticed. They were too young to properly supervise little Myra and they forget about her until Dad asks about her at lunch. They don't want to get in trouble so they say that she went with Mama. I could totally see this happening. :banghead:

2) The kids went in when mom said, they got busy playing inside and Myra wandered back outside. It was the first pretty, sunny day here in awhile.
They don't really remember that she came in with them and the first thing that pops in their very young minds is that she must have gone with mama. :banghead:

3) Keeping this one to myself. :couch:

I don't know if it matters but I'm noticing a distinct change in the family's attitude.
One of the oldest children has made it clear she will stand by her Dad no matter what.
No mention of Ericka though... up until now the family has been defending BOTH parents. :twocents:

Please know I am in no way questioning your post or opinion here when I ask this. Do you have a link to an article that speaks of the child which will stand by her dad? I only ask because I find very little information other than here on these forums. How do you keep up with the latest information out there? I've done web search and you tube looking for updates. Guess I'm not a good sleuther, but I do care. If you can't I understand, I totally trust what you posted, just trying to find a better way to get more information.

(hope that was clear to you)

Sorry to snip your post, but did so for space.

Thanks.

What I have thus far is: Ages 7, 4, 2, 3 months.
Is there information available on how many children there are and ages total?

There may have been a total of 6 children in the home on that day. I've not seen that they've confirmed this info in MSM, or any number of children for that matter besides Myra and the one who told dad she went with mom, but a family member alluded to this elsewhere. (that when Myra slipped out of the house unnoticed the other kids were all inside... 2 sleeping, 2 watching tv, and the baby with dad)

3. LE taking possession of the vehicle. (and this was not done until appx a week into the search)

It was also reported that LE was looking at the ATV. Whether that was done on the property or if they actually removed it/took possession I'm not sure. I'll try to dig up the link where I read that. It was well before the SUV though I do know that.

Wow. I just got home from a group run followed by brunch and tried to catch up on twitter. From what I could tell she was charged with a felony in Jan. for carrying a concealed weapon and was on probation. It sounds like they found her to still be in possession of the weapon, which is a violation of probation. I'm not sure how it affects her if her husband has the weapon in his possession.

The vast majority of people in this state have firearms and you must have a concealed carry permit to carry it with you. There are various levels of CC permits.

Lots of questions here. Hoping for answers soon. Where is Myra?:scared:

When a person is charged with concealed carry, doesn't that mean the weapon was on them out of view?

When a person is charged with concealed carry, doesn't that mean the weapon was on them out of view?

Yes. I just clarified this with my LE friend. If the weapon was in the car, the car is an extension of the home and is not concealed. He also said that a convicted felon can not be in possession of a weapon(or ammo)at any time. This includes simply living in a residence where another person might have a legal weapon.

Yes. I just clarified this with my LE friend. If the weapon was in the car, the car is an extension of the home and is not concealed. He also said that a convicted felon can not be in possession of a weapon(or ammo)at any time. This includes simply living in a residence where another person might have a legal weapon.

hubby would divorce me before losing his guns lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'm not sure it was mentioned on here today, but after seeing such a huge LE presence on Mt. Pilgrim Rd all week, nothing today. It was noted on the 6pm report tonight on my local news.

I think I better understand the limitations here now.

As a general comment, the main stream media doesn't report a lot of things.

As another comment, in my experience, law enforcement often doesn't look at anything on the internet. It seems to terrify them, locally at least. Once a person appeared on the "Most Wanted" list. It took me 5 minutes to find the person's facebook page which listed their employer with physical address. It also included photos of them at work, photos in pubs and restaurants, and statements about what their plans were for the day. I attempted to report it to three different agencies, none of which would take the report. One agency I physically drove to and spoke with the Commander...who didn't know how to open facebook, was scared to try, and said, "somebody somewhere knows about this already and they will take care of it". I even contacted the television station who released the Most Wanted list to ask them where to report it..."Iono". Guy's luck day...to be on the Most Wanted list, publicly sharing his high times daily...and no one in law enforcement will take a report.

Hopefully the FBI is a little better with social media and this case is being looked at from that angle.

I can't believe you had that experience. I can tell you from personal experience, as a victim of identity theft, I was able to locate suspects on FB that were involved in my case, reported it, and the LE immediately researched it and went as far to create a ficticious FB account to "Friend" those suspects for investigative purposes. I would certainly hope that if they do this for identity theft, they use social media for leads in a missing person case.

Also, I know of a person who's spouse died of apparent suicide. Phones of immediate family members were retrieved by law enforcement to rule out foul play. So there again, I do think social media, texts, phone logs are reviewed.

I, too, have been viewing some of the FB pages who appear to be related (parents, siblings) to Myra. There are some pages whose posts were extremely active up until around March 3rd. Then all posts stop. This makes me question two things: (1) Were these people instructed to stop discussing Myra; or (2) Were computers/mobile devices retrieved by LE?
THIS IS MY OPINION. THERE ARE NO REPORTS THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED.

Those laws change from state to state. In NC in my car I'm supposed to have my gun visible. In SC they want it in the glove box.

<snipped by me>

I, too, have been viewing some of the FB pages who appear to be related (parents, siblings) to Myra. There are some pages whose posts were extremely active up until around March 3rd. Then all posts stop. This makes me question two things: (1) Were these people instructed to stop discussing Myra; or (2) Were computers/mobile devices retrieved by LE?
THIS IS MY OPINION. THERE ARE NO REPORTS THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED.

I've been viewing the pages as well since Sunday. I'm not sure about the parents devices, but I know one family member was still posting up through yesterday. And after one post in particular that was pretty interesting they all of a sudden deleted some things after someone took notice and started asking questions. So I think maybe there has been someone instructing them to stop discussing it. However, I'm not sure the ones doing the instructing was anyone from LE.

Those laws change from state to state. In NC in my car I'm supposed to have my gun visible. In SC they want it in the glove box.

Just to clarify, I'm in Mississippi and my friend is retired MS LE.

Question for you: So, are you saying that in NC it has to be visible in your car in order not to be considered concealed? And in SC it has to be in the glovebox? Do either of those states have concealed carry permits?

In MS, we do have CC permits, but you do not have to have one to carry in your car.

Watching Duke/UNC basketball right now by the way.

It was a nice day here in Mississippi. Had my little 18 month old out in the yard. I let her roam a bit to burn off a little energy and enjoy the nice weather that has been long overdue. I also wanted to see how far she would wonder from me. Her comfort zone appeared to be roughly 50-60 yards and she repeatedly looked back at me to see if I were close. I tried to act as if I weren't paying close attention to see if she would "test" me and go further. She never went further and returned to her wagon, lawn chairs, toys and pink ball without being prompted to do so. Myra is a little older than my little girl. I know some children are far more adventurous than others. It just seems as though a little tot at that age would stay close to comfort...especially if older kids were around. Little ones are very much followers of older kids. However, I do believe the one big exception to this is their curiosity and interest in water.
Once again....My own opinion...

My daughter would never wander off when she was 2. She was always right near me. My sons, on the other hand, were a totally different story. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean