MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about the absence of the parents/other family/spokesperson in the media. I've not followed a lot of cases on this site (other than Caylee and a little girl in Missouri named Breeann) but I have followed a LOT of missing cases in the media prior to this one over the years. And in those cases the family or a spokesperson in a missing child case usually will go on camera pleading for child's return. Also you will see the family out searching for the child. This family has been adamant from early on that this is an abduction, yet have not done any of the above as far as I have seen.

So how common is it for the family NOT to do these things? I know on this site you guys seem to follow a whole lot of these cases as I am starting to see just by looking at the treads here. So I'm wondering if maybe it's more common for them not to make a plea/help search than my original thought that they most often do.

I believe even if it's the husbands gun it's still not allowed to be where she lived and had easy access to it. The condition states you can not POSSES a firearm. What is possession? In general, a person is in possession of something if the person knows of its presence and has physical control of it, or has the power and intention to control it. If, for example, her husband owned it and kept it in his closet. Then she would know of its presence, and have easy access to that gun to gain control of it.

They constantly tell people when they're putting them on probation that the best way to keep your nose clean is not be anywhere in the vicinity of anything you are prohibiting from. As in don't be in the vicinity of drugs, firearms, or known felons.

Now where everything gets weird for me is the fact that it was carrying it concealed. That's where everything gets mucked up.

You're correct. Unless the law has changed, a convicted felon is not allowed to carry any firearm OR ammunition, even if there is no weapon to fire it from. I sat on a federal jury once that heard a case involving this exact charge, except the felon had served time in prison and was out. It looks like maybe she was on probation for a felony, so obviously she hadn't served time. Someone else here probably knows more about the difference here than I.

I do know this, though, that any person carrying a concealed weapon here without a permit to do so will face charges. You must apply for, wait a period of time and submit to gun safety courses and usage courses in order to get a concealed carry permit. There are different levels of permits, as well.

You're correct. Unless the law has changed, a convicted felon is not allowed to carry any firearm OR ammunition, even if there is no weapon to fire it from. I sat on a federal jury once that heard a case involving this exact charge, except the felon had served time in prison and was out. It looks like maybe she was on probation for a felony, so obviously she hadn't served time. Someone else here probably knows more about the difference here than I.

I do know this, though, that any person carrying a concealed weapon here without a permit to do so will face charges. You must apply for, wait a period of time and submit to gun safety courses and usage courses in order to get a concealed carry permit. There are different levels of permits, as well.

Plus, here in Kentucky, you have to be able to take the gun apart, and reassemble it. I got mine, because my GSD and I spend a lot of our summer months on an ATV, here in these beautiful Mts.

ETA: It's also legal for me to carry a bomb!! :eek: Which I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole!

It looks like maybe she was on probation for a felony, so obviously she hadn't served time.

Snipped for space

Does your state not put someone in prison for a felony and then release them and put them on probation? I know every state has different laws, but I thought this was standard.,my wonderful Uncle was locked up on a felony and on probation for a very long time. I am assuming she was locked up for the felony, released and put on probation, which she has now violated.

Snipped for space

Does your state not put someone in prison for a felony and then release them and put them on probation? I know every state has different laws, but I thought this was standard.,my wonderful Uncle was locked up on a felony and on probation for a very long time. I am assuming she was locked up for the felony, released and put on probation, which she has now violated.

I don't know the precise answer to your question, but her felony looks to have been committed on Jan. 24, 2014, unless I have that wrong. I know I read that, but did the press get that right? I was just thinking that does not seem like much time served. Maybe it depends on the felony? Take felony shoplifting, for instance. Not implying anything about her, just using it as an example.

Snipped for space

isn't is called parole if they served time and were released? and probation if not...?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Snipped for space

Typically, if they serve time and are then released, they are put on parole, the time varies, depending on the offense. Probation means they have not been sentenced to serve prison time, other than the normal jail time waiting for their case to be heard.

I actually just looked it up and it says you can be sentenced say two years, but serve 1 1/2 years in prison and 6 months probation versus 2 years in prison and then being on parole.

isn't is called parole if they served time and were released? and probation if not...?

You are correct. And I didn't know the difference until a few years ago when my parents' house was robbed. Apparently someone on parole also gets a stiffer sentence than someone on probation, which was very much a nice added perk in our situation. Although I don't think the guy that broke in thought so lol.

I actually found many examples of where people are locked up for felonies and released on probation. It is unbelievable how many criminals there are in this world. Sick ones. My gosh. Here is one example.

http://www.timesherald.com/general-...redit-union-official-appeals-theft-conviction

I also asked my dad about my uncles sentence because I was too young to remember and he is LE, so he would know. He said for sure ONE of his felonies pout him out on probation because he violated it and that is what put him right back in.mhe stopped keeping tabs after that. My uncle thought my dad would get him out of trouble, so he kept breaking the law. Even assaulted a female officer.... What do you think my daddy did then....

Ross Adams ‏@radamsWJTV 1h
Lewis' husband Gregory says his wife was #arrested in front of her four and seven year old kids Friday night. pic.twitter.com/BXYvnu52A6

Thanks.

What I have thus far is: Ages 7, 4, 2, 3 months.
Is there information available on how many children there are and ages total?

With information we had in the beginning, I had no thoughts other than little Myra took off on her own and became lost.

Three issues have me concerned:

1. The digging of their yard. (has this happened in any other case where a child is thought to have wondered off?)

2. The amount of time/days Myra has been gone. (Just my opinion here, I would think a two year old would have been found by now. There was a huge search, however, I'm not forgetting about the pond.)

3. LE taking possession of the vehicle. (and this was not done until appx a week into the search)

It really confuses me about the children stating Myra went with mama.

And thank you WS, Myra has so many people that care about her.

There is 10 kids total, but a few of those are older half siblings of Myra, from Dad.
I believe 4 of them are 13 and up, but I could be wrong on that.

Here are the things that I have been looking at and all of these items have been posted on the thread above:

LE is exploring all options
The first post here, stated mom and dad were not POI, article has been deleted from the website.
LE has towed a Chevy Suburban from the street the child went missing.
The family has not been seen at the home in days.
LE is actively searching around the home, including digging.
Four small bags of evidence were taken from the home.
Mother was arrested on an unrelated felony, while on probation. Has nothing to do with the case. BUT, giving her child is missing and the charge was out since January, arresting her now, tells me there is more going on.

I want to be clear that I am not sleuthing or suspecting anyone with my post. These are the facts, as I see them as they have been presenting in her missing case thus far. I do this with all the cases, so I can try to figure out what happened. Based on this, sadly, I do not think she wandered off. I do not think she was abducted.

Thank you.

:( poor Myra..

whatever happened, it's not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors