Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I wonder that also, it was one the few pieces of information I took from the PC. One of my thoughts concerning Myra was the search dogs, could it be Myra's scent was never picked up outside their fenced property? Should that be the case, it would leave me with the impression Myra never left the property or she left by vehicle at all times.

As for the vehicle being taken from the property, does anyone know if a person's scent can be aged? Such as Myra recently being in the car?

Next thought to ponder on is what the sheriff meant by 'close'.

Trying to find more information on the digging in the yard. All actions lead me to believe LE is focused on the property. The more I think about it, wasn't there more attention given to Myra's home than to the ponds near by? At this point, sweet Myra would need to be with someone caring for her basic needs to be in good health. I hope we have answers soon, but then anyone following the Brittney Wood case would know what frustration is.

Myra is only two years old, a two year old needs to be under constant supervision at all times. MOO

http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mi...e-2yearold-was-abducted/24780096#mid=18543844

"Lewis said the family's dogs, and the dogs used by police, picked up Myra's scent, which ended at the road."

I have only seen talk of the police dogs from the family. Does anyone else know if LE has mentioned the dogs?

BBM

I feel that I should point out that the weapons are only an issue because of the mother's felony conviction. She had it concealed on her person. Many good people have weapons in their homes for various good reasons. I would guess that the majority here in our state do.

Not necessarily...were the weapons accessible to the children? If so, that is a big issue!

Does dad have a record of any kind?
I can't quite believe mom would be arrested to try to get her to spill on dad...pretty horrible way to deal with a grieving mom if they believe she is innocent...jmo

According to MSM, yes

Reminds me of what happened in the case of CoralRose Fullwood. LE decimated that family, and in the end, they were completely telling the truth. She had been taken and murdered by a neighbor.

Thank you Quill. Yeah I did read that one about the weapon charge on her. Just thought I read about a gun or guns in the home during the investigation.

Got thoughts running through my head here and am thinking out loud to try and see if something makes sense. Like 1) where did the gun she was carrying come from 2) where did it go and 3) and I don't want to say this but maybe others are thinking it and are afraid to say it so I will... IF that gun, or another, was in the home, could Myra have found it and had an accident.

You are correct. The gunS were found in the home. My concern, as I stated earlier, is they were not using safety with these gunS. This could have resulted in the children being removed. We have several guns in our home, but our kids don't ever see them or have access to them. Safety first! Also, it infuriates me when people who shouldn't have guns, have them. Gun violence is horrible in my state for this very reason. I am going to stop now.

http://www.wjtv.com/story/24926095/sheriff-speaks-about-search-for-myra-lewis

Not necessarily...were the weapons accessible to the children? If so, that is a big issue!

The weapon charge was for a felon In possession of a concealed weapon. In MS that means it was on her person. If it has been confiscated from her home or car it would have been classified as just a felon in possession of. I asked all of these questions of my LE friend yesterday.

Okay, I read the article. Basing my opinion off the charges and what my LE friend told me. He is not connected to the case. Guns being found in the home, registered or not, would be another violation of her probationary/felon status. I would think that could be reason enough to remove the children. IDK, though. I'll ask my mom tomorrow. She will know if that alone could do it. They both have criminal records. Please don't perceive this as argument. Not intended at all. I think were all on the same page here. There are just so few details that we know and we are grasping because we all want Myra found. I do think that LE does know a lot more than they're telling (fine with me-solve it) and this was a good reason to create some movement. This is also how my LE friend feels about it. I don't care how they do it. Just. Find. Myra!

Reminds me of what happened in the case of CoralRose Fullwood. LE decimated that family, and in the end, they were completely telling the truth. She had been taken and murdered by a neighbor.

OT, If I recall correctly, CoralRose's father was never cleared of involvement in her murder. He was convicted of child pronography during the investigation and witnesses stated he watched child *advertiser censored* with Coral's killer.

I get what you're trying to say but for me the comparison doesn't ring true. I've always believed CoralRose's father played a part in that awful nightmare.

You are correct. The gunS were found in the home. My concern, as I stated earlier, is they were not using safety with these gunS. This could have resulted in the children being removed. We have several guns in our home, but our kids don't ever see them or have access to them. Safety first! Also, it infuriates me when people who shouldn't have guns, have them. Gun violence is horrible in my state for this very reason. I am going to stop now.

http://www.wjtv.com/story/24926095/sheriff-speaks-about-search-for-myra-lewis

Thank you for the link. I thought I read that somewhere but then couldn't find it so I figured it was just speculation by someone here. So that leaves us with the following:

1) Accident with family/mom's vehicle ruled out as LE found no evidence to suggest that is what happened

2) Possibility of an accident with a gun

3) She wandered off

And if she was outside unsupervised the following could have happened:

4) Someone saw her outside, felt she was neglected, so they took her

5) Someone struck her with their vehicle, and took her to cover the crime

6) Someone saw an opportunity and took her

OT, If I recall correctly, CoralRose's father was never cleared of involvement in her murder. He was convicted of child pronography during the investigation and witnesses stated he watched child *advertiser censored* with Coral's killer.

I get what you're trying to say but for me the comparison doesn't ring true. I've always believed CoralRose's father played a part in that awful nightmare.

Thanks, and this is further off-topic, but SHOCKING.

Apparently a "trusted police informant" witnessed the rape and abuse of children. Why is this informant not in jail with the rest of the pedophiles? Was he an "informant" before this happened, and he just basically sat there and watched and then reported it so the case could be prosecuted - kids be damned?

???????

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090626/ARTICLE/906261044

LE might think Myra is nearby because of the ATV. Wasn't there crime scene tape around it?

Thank you for the link. I thought I read that somewhere but then couldn't find it so I figured it was just speculation by someone here. So that leaves us with the following:

1) Accident with family/mom's vehicle ruled out as LE found no evidence to suggest that is what happened

2) Possibility of an accident with a gun

3) She wandered off

And if she was outside unsupervised the following could have happened:

4) Someone saw her outside, felt she was neglected, so they took her

5) Someone struck her with their vehicle, and took her to cover the crime

6) Someone saw an opportunity and took her
4,5, 6 are off MY list because:
LE isn't looking at this as an abduction.
They were literally digging around the home for a reason.
They arrested the mom for a reason.
The other children were removed by CPS for a reason. JMOO

If LE didn't mention search/scent dogs, I'm not buying it, imoo.

Yeah. I have looked and I can't find anything about LE saying that. The dogs were there, but I can't find a comment.

It seems convenient...and I will stop there.

Yeah. I have looked and I can't find anything about LE saying that. The dogs were there, but I can't find a comment.

It seems convenient...and I will stop there.

I've been looking too blue, can't find anything either.

Totally o/t, but earlier I said how angry it makes me when people who shouldn't have guns have them. A police officer and wonderful person, was shot in the head, between the eyes, while serving a warrant today. By the grace of God, he survived and is speaking. If you can, please pray or keep him in your thoughts.

Hoping for answers today. I can't imagine the searching being stopped without a very good reason. Has the property been blocked off, or can anybody now just drive in there?

Is the man living in the house, Myra's father or stepfather? What is the connection with the two older children? What are their ages?

The detail that I can't figure out is the other children and how they play into this. Meaning, when they last saw her and where. They would have been interviewed, I would think. So, if it played out as it is stated in MSM....why would they say she went with mom? They are old enough to know she didn't. I was with my 6, 4 and 2 year old nieces and nephew last night. They make stuff up constantly, especially the 2 year old. I call her Miss Fibber, but it's about silly stuff. Older siblings usually tend to tell on everyone. The older two yesterday were ratting each other out, it was hilarious. One of them broke a toy and I dint have to ask because I knew right away.

So, why would they older siblings say Myra went with the mom? Did the mom say she was going to take her, send the girls in and then change her mind and tell her to go inside and she never made it? I look forward to being able to discuss this. I honestly think there so many different possibilities of what could have happen and so many different people, including people not the parents who could hold the answers.

Early on I said that the kids were old enough to tell the truth and probably too young to lie (under the circumstances), so I was willing to give more weight to the parents' story. When the dad claimed that the kids said mom took Myra... not good.

There was a report that dad took the four wheeler when searching for her, and it was seen surrounded by crime scene tape. I don't like the fact that police have said that the vehicle (van or SUV, can't remember which) was clean but not mentioned the ATV- it might just be that they answered the questions asked, but it gave me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Edit- I somehow missed the last page of this thread and just saw the ATV reference by Janeumayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member