MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hockeymom4,

Wish I could jump thru the screen and hug you! I know it wouldn't change anything, but, still.....

Thanks. It means a lot. I don't share much about myself on here, but the last month has been very rough and a few of the cases on here with children have pulled at my heart. This time of the month is the worst because my cousin died four years ago at 3 months old, one of my other cousins that died at 4, would have been 9, an anniversary of a bad relationship, and now its the one month anniversary of my dear friend who unexpectedly died in their 30's. I appreciate all the support from my fellow WS's you really help me get through it. The children we lost, there was nothing that could be done to keep them safe. That is why when I see all these senseless acts, it makes me so mad.

Thanks. It means a lot. I don't share much about myself on here, but the last month has been very rough and a few of the cases on here with children have pulled at my heart. This time of the month is the worst because my cousin died four years ago at 3 months old, one of my other cousins that died at 4, would have been 9, an anniversary of a bad relationship, and now its the one month anniversary of my dear friend who unexpectedly died in their 30's. I appreciate all the support from my fellow WS's you really help me get through it. The children we lost, there was nothing that could be done to keep them safe. That is why when I see all these senseless acts, it makes me so mad.

I know it's seems trivial to say so, but I am truly sorry for all your loss. I hope these difficult months can be followed with a season of healing and renewal.

When I was 13, I decided to skip school. My mom worked the night shift and got home after I left for school. We had a flop-eared former stray hound named "Red" who could track us down for sure so I put her on the screened porch and left. I went to my friends house and spent the day watching TV and hanging out. It rained and stormed all day. After lunch, my nosy uncle drove by and then called my mom to say Red was sitting on my friend's porch. She came looking for me since Red wouldn't do that for no reason. She had put Red out when she got home. This long story is to ask how that dog of mine could track me on a busy road, with lots of kids around, after a storm and these dogs used now can't do that? Red didn't sniff my pajamas before she found me either.

I posted this baby's amber alert when it came across my FB feeds this past weekend. I can't believe she hasn't been found yet. I've been reading thru this thread and keeping up with the news links. One question I have had since the beginning and haven't seen answered is about the property. Does this property have two parcels with two houses on it? I'm just wondering why I keep seeing two different houses with the caption under the photo "property where the toddler went missing." I can see on google maps that there does seem to be a trail that connects them both.

Also, in the link that was posted earlier it mentioned that a neighbor/neighbors asked whether "Myra might be with her biological father". That strikes me as odd. To me it seems that this neighbor implies that they know with certainty that Myra is not GL's. Otherwise wouldn't they have asked "is it possible GL is not her father?" Anyone else think that was odd?

GOD bless your precious heart! You are so right! There are so many that we lose and all that we could do was just not enough, yet others who didn't have to die are gone needlessly and with no excuse. It's enough to make anyone mad! I so hope this isn't the case with our little Myra! Bless her little heart.

As I said on the Caitlyn post and was coming to post over here, my cousin died at 3 months old, 4 years ago. We were at the gravesite as a family, as we do every year. We lit a candle for Caitlyn Virts (Warrant issued for dad for murdering her mom/his ex and he has kidnapped her, plus it is possible she was molested by moms repeat RSO husband) and one for Myra. I was telling my family about both of them. It really breaks my heart what I know about Caitlyn and what I believe, but hope I am wrong about Myra. Every second of every day we wish we could have our baby back for a minute. And this is not the first child our family has last. He is one of three children under four, all of medical issues, unrelated. I don't understand why people do what they do. And this isn't directed to this family or this child, just in general.

My friend works as a police officer here locally and told me about this case she worked over the summer where a two year old was found deceased. The mom said she was home and when she went to wake the baby from a nap, the child wouldn't wake. The mom was lying. She said the house was the most disgusting home she had ever been in. The dogs went to the bathroom on the second floor and the children's diapers were thrown there as well. There was no air and the windows were closed with the heat index over 100. The child died because she overheated, while her mother was out and about in town. I will not go on because it will make people sick. Literally sick. It still gives me nightmares. Also, my neighbors have custody of their nephews, whose parents were abusers mentally to their children and killed their daughter, within days of having another one. Those parents and what they did still make me sick.

I know there is no way to figure things out because I lay up at night trying to figure out why we had our three babies taken from us. And try to figure out why these precious babies were taken away so horribly when so many people would have taken them and loved them. I then try to understand why and how people can be so evil to children.

Sorry, it is a very hard day for me. Thanks for letting me to get this off my chest.

The experiences that have touched your life are so horrific :(. I'm so sorry.

they are now bringing in spot lights, plan on working into the night. I really didn't see it going this way. Very sad, I pray they're wrong for Myra's sake. (this was on the above tweet accts that were posted)

On a side note, HUGS to HOCKEYMOM, I will pray for you as well.

Warm, gentle hugs to Hockeymom!! :blowkiss:

Where are you Myra? :(

they are now bringing in spot lights, plan on working into the night. I really didn't see it going this way. Very sad, I pray they're wrong for Myra's sake. (this was on the above tweet accts that were posted)
bbm
For some strange reason, I did. But I am usually wrong about these things. Hope I am WRONG again. Oh, so happy to be wrong!!

This seems like they "know" something though to go to these extremes. Dear Lord, what happened to her?

Thanks everyone.

I sadly thought it would go this way from the very beginning. A lot didn't add up for me. But, I will say that I will wait to see what happens before saying anything because we can't and I still think this can go in several directions, in regards to what happened. Hope that makes sense.

Sweet baby Myra.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Oh that can't be good if they're bringing out lights and are already digging. This morning I read that LE said said they still expect a positive outcome. They must have gotten new info to think they need to dig for her :(

I just watched the news with aerial views of the searches. I used plural on purpose. They have used the Bobcat to dig in multiple locations and they have been walking all of the fields nearby. They shut down the road and searched cars coming and going. Make of that what you will. I'm not sure what to think of it. On one hand, it certainly seems that something has changed and the search is much more focused, in a sad direction at that. But on the other hand, searching cars coming and going and still walking the nearby fields while digging in the yard at the home has me wondering.

Whatever has happened is certainly a tragedy. As usual, rumors abound on FB. The kind of mother I have and the kind that I am always keeps me from rushing to judgement against another mother. Something is wrong here. Really wrong. What happened to little Myra? Praying the truth will prevail.

ETA: I'd like to add that I feel an overwhelming sense of pride in the LE officers from different agencies who have pulled together for Myra. There is no quit in these officers from my home state.

Has anybody said how close this digging is to the actual house? Wouldn't they only be looking at suspicious areas in the dirt and not just willy nilly digging?

Has anybody said how close this digging is to the actual house? Wouldn't they only be looking at suspicious areas in the dirt and not just willy nilly digging?

From the aerial views on the news I could see that they for sure dug in the backyard along the chain link fence at the very back. It looked like to me that they had dug in other spots of the yard near the house within the fenced area. There was another spot that looked like it was outside the fenced yard area in a more open field, but I couldn't see a point of reference to tell where it really was in relation to the house. They were definitely walking a grid search in a nearby field that had been (at some point, probably not recently)disced in rows by a tractor.

My first thought was that maybe the dogs that were brought in today had alerted on those areas. JMO and speculation.

Are there any videos of the parents? I've seen quite a few articles where they are quoted in the media, but nothing with them on camera pleading for her return or anything like that. Anyone local that might have a link to a video?

The only video that I have seen with them was from earlier in the week and I don't recall either of them speaking. By this point in time, they are conspicuously absent in the media. I was hesitant to type that, though, because I've never lost a child and don't believe I have a right to judge how they should be acting. JMO.

And this is what we all feared but didn't voice. Again.

Poor baby girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members