MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is so frustrating to not have ANY news about precious little Myra! The more time that passes, the more fearful I get that the outcome will not be a good one. :(

Statistically, it won't but I am trying to hold on to some hope here. Where are you Myra???

This may be a good thing that the family is talking. What has been said gives insight to their way of thinking - not reading her her rights, she could have pleaded the fifth, only a little crime (welfare fraud) etc. any 30+ woman who has been to school has to know these basic facts of law! JMO

ETA: Maybe something the family says will inadvertently give a clue to LE that will solve this case. Someone knows what happened that lives on that road, I firmly believe!

This may be a good thing that the family is talking. What has been said gives insight to their way of thinking - not reading her her rights, she could have pleaded the fifth, only a little crime (welfare fraud) etc. any 30+ woman who has been to school has to know these basic facts of law! JMO

ETA: Maybe something the family says will inadvertently give a clue to LE that will solve this case. Someone knows what happened that lives on that road, I firmly believe!

Just like the Anthony's. I believe with all my heart they knew within 2 weeks what had happened to little Caylee, and NO ONE can change my mind on that. They are as much responsible for Caylee's death as anyone. Cindy KNEW what would happen when Casey took that baby out of that house!

Just catching up here and wanted to weigh in on a few things. Snipping due to space and my replies in red.

And her family believes the sheriff’s department is trying to pressure her to reveal what she knows about Myra’s disappearance.

I've said that from the beginning because something is not adding up here. And I'd still like to know why the family's ATV had crime scene tape on it during the first week. Rumor is that the ATV was NOT used that day to look for Myra. If that's true could LE tell by looking at the ATV? I'm guessing they could. Or maybe their first thought was she'd been injured with the ATV? I don't know... just seems strange to me and stranger that LE has not said anything. Why are they so quiet and tightlipped?

Sanders says she doesn't understand why Lewis is still in jail after her family paid $500 to bail her out on the probation violation charge.
"Now we can't get our money back and then they put a hold on her."

I can understand the family's frustration here. Depending on their finances that amount may have been hard to come up with all at once. I don't understand why they weren't told that there was a hold until AFTER they put the money up for her bail. I do understand the hold though. When someone is on probation and they break the law during that time they will face charges on the new offense, but then will have to face charges on the original offense as well. In other words she got probation for the fraud in lieu of jail time. Now that she has violated that probation (twice it seems) they will probably be looking to revoke that probation and reinstate the original jail time that was imposed. Which would explain the hold. But that information most likely was in the system and the family should have been told before they paid her bail.

She just did a food stamp fraud. It’s not like she's a criminal,” Sanders said. “She’s no threat to society."
With her 2 year-old daughter missing for nearly two weeks, her family says the mom of a new born son doesn't belong in jail.
"It's time to let her out so she can take care or her kids,”
Family friend Gloria Nason added, “A mother in jail like that and she has a child missing that's a lot on her right now.”

Does this family not understand the law and how it works? Food stamp fraud/welfare fraud is a federal offense. That is what gave her the "felon" status. A felon is a criminal. Whether or not she is a danger to society, that has nothing to do with her status as a felon. Felons who break the law WHILE on probation are responsible for their actions, regardless of if they have a baby to take care of or not. I don't remember ever hearing "If you can do the crime, do the time UNLESS you have a baby".

http://www.wjtv.com/story/24981533/...at-lack-of-progress-in-missing-toddler-search

could she have plead the 5th due to the fraud charges and not regarding Myra?

She could have. And based on how it seems this family doesn't understand the law that's probably what she did. Makes no sense to me to take that stance and it will not bode well for her at her upcoming hearing either. I'd be spilling my guts to them right now about the fraud and guns... even what my neighbors are up to if they asked!! Anything to get this resolved faster! They already gotcha so I'd just be honest, get it over with, and hope to be released and continue with the probation (although doubtful that will happen after TWO offenses in TWO months) but I'd tell them anything to get my butt out of there so that I could find my child. Unless... well I'll just stop there.

This case worries me, as too many of the cases with missing little ones just stay in limbo...Lisa, Aliyah, Ayla, Sky, etc...LE seldom knows what to do, if they can't find the child.

Right ! " She just did a food stamp fraud'' .......said in public, out loud and on record.

Exactly. It was also "just" a felony! Speaks volumes. :silenced:

I have a good feeling this cute little girl will be found alive and unharmed, praying I'm right

Hi! Welcome and can you say why you have a good feeling she will be found?
Is it a gut thing? TIA
I feel the exact opposite today. :(
She's been gone so long...searches have been conducted yet still no Myra.
She just seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

This case worries me, as too many of the cases with missing little ones just stay in limbo...Lisa, Aliyah, Ayla, Sky, etc...LE seldom knows what to do, if they can't find the child.

I have followed missing children cases for years and seldom are they found.
My heart breaks....

I have followed missing children cases for years and seldom are they found.
My heart breaks....

I was holding my 12 day old grandbebe... so tiny and sweet. even when she got mad, gosh, I can't imagine how people can hurt a baby. her 11 month old brother got mad, and after some snuggles he was happy... they are so innocent. love is all they need...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Just had a thought. One vehicle is still in possession of the vehicle driven that day, am I correct? Can't they tell where a vehicle has been recently by the type of dirt or other residue on the tires? Or even if a vehicle has excess mud in the tire threads, around the vehicle? This questioning could be to match statements against what the vehicle is showing.

There are usually camera along public streets, private homes, in stores and parking lots. Again questioning to match statements against video?

Polly Klass's father stated he was asked lots of questions, which ended up ruling him out. So LE questioning can set off red flags or rule a person out.

There are usually camera along public streets, private homes, in stores and parking lots. Again questioning to match statements against video?

Geographical info. FYI

They live in a very rural area. There would not be cameras. In town there typically would be at gas stations but only inside and directly on the pumps. There would definitely be inside the Walmart.

Their address is CAMDEN, MS.

"Camden is an unincorporated community located on Mississippi Highway 17 in Madison County, Mississippi. Camden is approximately 12 miles (19 km) northeast of Sharon and is located within the Jackson Metropolitan Statistical Area. Although unincorporated, Camden has a post office and a zip code of 39045."

Nearest town with a Walmart would be Canton. Canton is known for one thing really, a huge annual one day flea market.
cvb_31.gif

http://www.city-data.com/city/Canton-Mississippi.html

Located in Madison, County:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Madison-Mississippi.html

The other nearest city would be in the city of Madison, MS, which is the country seat.

Look at the statistics such as median household income and average home value from city to city and to county overall...and see if you are thoroughly confused.

Madison county is fairly unique to MS having such drastic differences within the same county. This is due to it's proximity to metro Jackson, MS.

Cameras other than within businesses would not be the norm for most of MS. In a lot of areas dirt roads are still common.

I was holding my 12 day old grandbebe... so tiny and sweet. even when she got mad, gosh, I can't imagine how people can hurt a baby. her 11 month old brother got mad, and after some snuggles he was happy... they are so innocent. love is all they need...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

:seeya: I agree floridamomma. (Congrats again on your new grandbaby!)
I feel certain all of us here at WS are shocked when we hear about babies and children being hurt.
I honestly don't know how the loved ones of any missing person go on.
I hope this sweet little toddler is found soon.

Geographical info. FYI

They live in a very rural area. There would not be cameras. In town there typically would be at gas stations but only inside and directly on the pumps. There would definitely be inside the Walmart.

Their address is CAMDEN, MS.

"Camden is an unincorporated community located on Mississippi Highway 17 in Madison County, Mississippi. Camden is approximately 12 miles (19 km) northeast of Sharon and is located within the Jackson Metropolitan Statistical Area. Although unincorporated, Camden has a post office and a zip code of 39045."

Nearest town with a Walmart would be Canton. Canton is known for one thing really, a huge annual one day flea market.
cvb_31.gif

http://www.city-data.com/city/Canton-Mississippi.html

Located in Madison, County:

The other nearest city would be in the city of Madison, MS, which is the country seat.

Look at the statistics such as median household income and average home value from city to city and to county overall...and see if you are thoroughly confused.

Madison county is fairly unique to MS having such drastic differences within the same county. This is due to it's proximity to metro Jackson, MS.

Cameras other than within businesses would not be the norm for most of MS. In a lot of areas dirt roads are still common.

Thank you! Lots of good info about this town.

Being nosey and all, I'd like to know exactly where mom when shopping that day because like someone mentioned up thread, stores have cameras...almost all stores have cameras.

:seeya: I agree floridamomma. (Congrats again on your new grandbaby!)
I feel certain all of us here at WS are shocked when we hear about babies and children being hurt.
I honestly don't know how the loved ones of any missing person go on.
I hope this sweet little toddler is found soon.

My congrats to you as well. I too am always shocked even though I feel as though it keeps happening. The thing that bothers me with what I know so far as how this little one was left to be on her own to go in the house to her dad. Mom didn't know dad's condition...was he sleeping, passed out, gone, etc. Dad then didn't know the child was missing until noon and was then told she was with mom. He didn't call to confirm. Then nothing happens until 3 and they talk and still don't call police til 4, while looking. All of these details, upset me, make me sad, angry, mad and many other things. She is 2. Two years old and needs an adult to care for her 24/7 and because of this she is now missing.

I would never in a million years watch my two year old niece walk in the door with her older brother to another adult. Never in a million years. I am seriously distraught over this, as I am sure many other WS's are and it upsets me to read some of the comments in MSM. I wish they would be focusing on how sad they are about missing Myra instead of just welfare fraud, not a criminal, wanting their money, complaining about LE. My family, as well as all of you work hard and when people just lie about welfare fraud, well that is OUR money. Last time I checked, a convicted felon IS a criminal.

Prayers are with you Myra.

Just trying to be helpful for those interested, especially knowing that some live in much large cities and more populated areas.

That particular day, the talk of the afternoon seemed to be NASCAR. Have no idea whether dad was interested in NASCAR but that was one popular thing going on that afternoon.

That particular day, the talk of the afternoon seemed to be NASCAR. Have no idea whether dad was interested in NASCAR but that was one popular thing going on that afternoon.

I've been appreciating your local (?) insight, so thank you! GA raised and only been to MS once. How rural this location seems to be is making the case a lot scarier for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234