MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. Other than identifying Does or locating families of the unclaimed, in five words or less, what does reprinting news stories accomplish toward FINDING anyone, especialy a missing two year old? Or are we just waiting and gossiping? Seriously?

No one has been named a person of interest by LE including mom. Nobody. They are not going to unless they make an arrest.

Not naming a poI until an arrest, is just not true. They do it all the time without an arrest. They may not on this case, but LE does it quite frequently.

Not naming a poI until an arrest, is just not true. They do it all the time without an arrest. They may not on this case, but LE does it quite frequently.

Not in Madison County, MS. The home of the first brick Walmart. The city where tire stores have to be antebellum themed with green space, and cell towers have to be 1/8 scale Lincoln memorials. A wrongful accusation, a mistake, or even an uncertainty, will not be made. Arrest, or nothing.

Not in Madison County, MS. The home of the first brick Walmart. The city where tire stores have to be antebellum themed with green space, and cell towers have to be 1/8 scale Lincoln memorials. A wrongful accusation, a mistake, or even an uncertainty, will not be made. Arrest, or nothing.

With all due respect, there is a distinct difference in Madison, the City and Madison County. Different jurisdictions that you are describing.

Also, Rankin and Madison Counties share a DA. He has done an impeccable job, IMO.

Actually tire stores on the east side of the interstate have to be railroad themed with green space, the west side would be antebellum. And a cell tower is also allowed to be a giant metal sculpture of a pine tree. Same thing.

Does anyone think it odd the comment about the bruises and marks? If you are asking for your grandchild not to be harmed you would say Please do not hurt her,not please let her return with no bruises or marks.

As a grandma I can assure you that would be the last comment out of my mouth as in no way Id say that.

Id scream from the roof tops everyday>>> for someone to come forward, Id search everyday too,. I WOULD NOT even think of bruises and marks.

Madison County has declared POI's before issuing arrests. I found a few by using google.

Mace is a concealed weapon in possession of a felon. So is a knife. Did MSM <Mod Snip> say for sure it was a GUN? Asking because I don't know.

In every MSM article I just searched about it..."arrested for being a felon in possession of a firearm."

IMO LE needs to have some come to Jesus interviews with everyone who had close ties to this baby. Myra is 2... 2 year olds don't just vanish.
Sure would like to know what the store videos showed-if anything-the day Myra disappeared and her mom went 'shopping'.

Sadly IMOO this 2 year old is likely deceased and someone freakin knows what happened to her and where she is!
Because it is too odd that no one in the family is begging foi her return.
UGH (_*&U*)&^*& <<< bad words
:jail::overreaction:

I b m

When I was little...we had dogs on 40 acres. They followed me around and were very protective...especially if out alone. Now, obviously, I can't remember all the way back to the age of 2...but I clearly remember the dogs following or being nearby while I was out playing or riding my bike atleast as far back as the age of 5.

Anyway, I would love to know the behavior of the dogs that day. It appears (according to previous links) there were family dogs at the home and dogs at the grandparents next door. There haven't been any reports that the dogs acted or barked unusually strange and I would think they would in the event of an abduction or an unusual vehicle loading up little Myra. I think they would have followed her and stayed close if she tried to wander. I think they would act normal if Myra left with someone familiar.

JMO

Sorry if I offended anyone by coming unglued. I'm frustrated and I do not understand a tos that so limits willing participants from collaborating for the good of a child.

Thank you for clearing up that firearm question.

According to the video, it sounds like the grandmother believes Myra may have come over and knocked on her door but that day they (Grandmother and whoever lived with her?) weren't home so they really wouldn't know if she did or not. The family dogs seem to lose her scent at the road. Most country family dogs are very protective of their territory and would not let a stranger get near their property but the grandmother does live on a public road. Did LE use scent dogs and they verified this?

-above snipped and BBM-

LE did use scent dogs, and early on in the case the dad said that both the family dogs and LE dogs lost her scent at the road. However, as far as I recall LE has NOT confirmed this in the media. On the other hand, they also haven't denied it either.

Lewis said the family's dogs, and the dogs used by police, picked up Myra's scent, which ended at the road.
http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mi...e-2yearold-was-abducted/24780096#mid=18585856

Personally I am taking Mr. Lewis's statement as a fact. Reason being is that LE was very quick to point out that the abduction theory was not a statement that came from them/their office.

On Tuesday afternoon, Madison County Sheriff Randy Tucker said he is not ruling out anything in the case, and that abduction reports were false.
http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/24879134/fbi-searches-for-missing-toddler-believe-abducted

He said reports that the investigation is classified as a kidnapping did not come from anyone authorized to speak for his office.
http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...am-no-longer-Camden-searching-missing-toddler

This was in the beginning when media was reporting she was abducted based on the family saying that, not LE. LE made sure that they pointed that out. So if LE dogs did not lose her scent at the road like the dad stated, I think they would have denied that statement. JMO

Sorry if I offended anyone by coming unglued. I'm frustrated and I do not understand a tos that so limits willing participants from collaborating for the good of a child.

Thank you for clearing up that firearm question.

No worries! We have all been there lol. I hope this helps! :seeya:

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

-above snipped and BBM-

LE did use scent dogs, and early on in the case the dad said that both the family dogs and LE dogs lost her scent at the road. However, as far as I recall LE has NOT confirmed this in the media. On the other hand, they also haven't denied it either.

Personally I am taking Mr. Lewis's statement as a fact. Reason being is that LE was very quick to point out that the abduction theory was not a statement that came from them/their office.

This was in the beginning when media was reporting she was abducted based on the family saying that, not LE. LE made sure that they pointed that out. So Ndebele if LE dogs did not lose her scent at the road like the dad stated, I think they would have denied that statement. JMO
Thank you for posting the quote and link that mentions the familie's dogs finding Myra's scent. My ? and comment :
Since when does LE and other searchers rely on "family dogs"
to find the missing person's scent?
NEVER

When I was little...we had dogs on 40 acres. They followed me around and were very protective...especially if out alone. Now, obviously, I can't remember all the way back to the age of 2...but I clearly remember the dogs following or being nearby while I was out playing or riding my bike atleast as far back as the age of 5.

Anyway, I would love to know the behavior of the dogs that day. It appears (according to previous links) there were family dogs at the home and dogs at the grandparents next door. There haven't been any reports that the dogs acted or barked unusually strange and I would think they would in the event of an abduction or an unusual vehicle loading up little Myra. I think they would have followed her and stayed close if she tried to wander. I think they would act normal if Myra left with someone familiar.

JMO

I agree, country dogs are very protective and always know what's going on or when something isn't right. I remember one time my sister "getting misplaced for a minute or two" as my mom likes to call it. While mom was hanging clothes on the line my sister managed to wander off. Well apparently she was only "misplaced" to my mom because our german shepherd knew exactly where she was! As mom took off for the woods screaming and flipping out, the dog comes trotting around from the back of the house carrying her by her jacket in his teeth :floorlaugh:

But back to Myra's family dogs... the grandmother talked about the dogs and their behavior yesterday. You have to watch the video though because she wasn't quoted on this in the article. She mentions the dogs at around the 01:30 mark.
http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/25057430/myra-lewis-mother-to-remain-in-jail-for-now

FWIW... LE technically HAS stated that there are suspects in this case. They just haven't actually stated any one person by their name, except for Ericka Lewis's name.

Tucker said the investigation is still that of a missing child rather than an abduction, but Tucker said everyone who came in contact with Myra the day she went missing is a suspect -- even Myra's mother, Erika Lewis.
http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mississippi/leads-pursued-in-search-for-missing-2yearold/24896212

-above snipped and BBM-

This was in the beginning when media was reporting she was abducted based on the family saying that, not LE. LE made sure that they pointed that out. So if LE dogs did not lose her scent at the road like the dad stated, I think they would have denied that statement. JMO

If LE does not believe a child has been abducted, they HAVE to say so. They don't want their entire city living in fear, or a vigilante out looking for an abductor. The cleared that up for the benefit of the city they serve, not to correct speculation.

Other members in the family have spoken to the media about dogs. It's funny none of them mention police dogs. They are trying to convince people Myra was abducted, I don't think they would leave that out. It supports their theory.

I think LE is correcting no speculation, so the family will keep reacting to it. It's valuable to catch people in lies. I don't believe the statement about police dogs. Just like every other statement, it's self serving and convenient. Myra is a complete afterthought. JMO

Yes, they do. But not all POI's are suspects, and some may be confused about the difference between the two. LE rarely ever names a suspect until they have found and arrested them. But a POI can also be merely someone who may have information about a case, but not be directly involved.

It would help considerably if Myra could be found. Until they have some idea of where she is and what happened to her, they can't really charge anybody with a crime, because they have no proof either way, that we know of. I really believe they have a pretty good handle on this case, but are just biding their time until they have enough evidence to arrest someone. Or someone breaks and starts talking. I could be wrong, of course. It may turn out that mom and dad really don't know anything, and are completely innocent. We just have to hope they can get it figured out, and soon.

JMO

So true. My son who is now nearly 30 yrs. old, wandered off when he was 2-1/2, and the dog was right beside him when he was found, probably even saved his life.

We live on 10 acres that belonged to my FIL, and my little dogs run and bark at anyone who comes on this place, not just our yard, but my FIL's yard as well. They are the keepers of the estate, and know every time a door opens and shuts over there. If I had small children or grandchildren around all the time, I guarantee they would be right on their heels.

Wouldn't it be grand if that family's dogs could talk, I bet they know exactly what happened that day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty