MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Respectfully, you haven't read Bob Harrod's missing thread.

Praying Myra is found soon.

I was talking about cases involved children.

Also, I never claimed to follow every dingle case out there...lol. But I stand by my statement. I have truly never seen a case where parents didn't at least fake trying to look for their child in the beginning. This family has done nothing, for a TWO year old. There are lots of stories where families don't make a real effort for adults, but children...I've never seen one like that.

Also, I never claimed to follow every single case out there...lol. But I stand by my statement. I have truly never seen a case where parents didn't at least fake trying to look for their child in the beginning. This family has done nothing, for a TWO year old. There are lots of stories where families don't make a real effort for adults, but children...I've never seen one like that.

I get what you're saying blue22, and it's heartbreaking!

Every case affects each WSer based on their own perspective. My lens is different than yours or another's.

I respect your perspective, even if I don't agree with it (although I happen to - wholeheartedly).

I've said this many times on this thread. The silence is deafening, It is amplified when it happens for a child. :moo:

We all want to know:

Where Is MYRA???

#FindMyra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madison Co. SD have done all that they can. I don't think they lack for resources. Hinds and Rankin Counties PD and SD, MHP, FBI and MS Dept. Of Wildlife & Fisheries ( who also have criminal investigators BTW) were all pulled in. We are not talking backwoods here, just because they lived in a rural area. They are still adjacent to the Jackson Metropolitan area.

I think the real problem lies somewhere in the family/community. The community has also clammed up, from what I can tell from an hour away. It has made me wonder if they're not closing rank, so to speak to protect someone. JMO.

As far as a random abductor just happening by, it's my opinion that it could have happened that way. It could be someone in the community, a friend or relative of someone that was passing through or even someone doing business. I grew up in a very rural area and we had people come through quite often like that.

Also, I never claimed to follow every dingle case out there...lol. But I stand by my statement. I have truly never seen a case where parents didn't at least fake trying to look for their child in the beginning. This family has done nothing, for a TWO year old. There are lots of stories where families don't make a real effort for adults, but children...I've never seen one like that.

I'm sorry if my post was misunderstood. I posted to share the anger with you about family's who don't look for a missing family member. Bob's family has actually lashed out at anyone looking for their father... It's like nothing I have ever seen from a family..... that aside, there are two cases involving children which come to mind where the child's caregiver/s did not look. Sky Metalwala, whose mother did not cooperate with police and Aliayah Lunsford whose mom and dad did not cooperate. Though both had extended family or non custodial caretakers/parent searching.

In Myra's case my immediate gut feeling was she was accidently hit with the car, possibly chasing after mom?, and mom got scared and hid her. Probably fearing her other children would be taken away considering her criminal history. Or, a toilet training accident as Myra was about the age when toilet training can become dangerous for some children.

Praying she is found soon.

Madison Co. SD have done all that they can. I don't think they lack for resources. Hinds and Rankin Counties PD and SD, MHP, FBI and MS Dept. Of Wildlife & Fisheries ( who also have criminal investigators BTW) were all pulled in. We are not talking backwoods here, just because they lived in a rural area. They are still adjacent to the Jackson Metropolitan area.

I think the real problem lies somewhere in the family/community. The community has also clammed up, from what I can tell from an hour away. It has made me wonder if they're not closing rank, so to speak to protect someone. JMO.

As far as a random abductor just happening by, it's my opinion that it could have happened that way. It could be someone in the community, a friend or relative of someone that was passing through or even someone doing business. I grew up in a very rural area and we had people come through quite often like that.

I definitely believe that the problem lies within the family/community, and I think that initially, LE(ALL that were involved) did all that they could with what they had to go on.

I do, however, agree to disagree with you about the location. :) It is funny to me that it is listed "within the Jackson Metropolitan statistical area" because, IMO, anyone familiar with the area knows it is nowhere near "metropolitan" Jackson. It is about an hour away. JMO

I just pray that someone decides that Myra is more important than whatever they are hiding. JMO

I'm sorry if my post was misunderstood. I posted to share the anger with you about family's who don't look for a missing family member. Bob's family has actually lashed out at anyone looking for their father... It's like nothing I have ever seen from a family..... that aside, there are two cases involving children which come to mind where the child's caregiver/s did not look. Sky Metalwala, whose mother did not cooperate with police and Aliayah Lunsford whose mom and dad did not cooperate. Though both had extended family or non custodial caretakers/parent searching.

In Myra's case my immediate gut feeling was she was accidently hit with the car, possibly chasing after mom?, and mom got scared and hid her. Probably fearing her other children would be taken away considering her criminal history. Or, a toilet training accident as Myra was about the age when toilet training can become dangerous for some children.

I'm afraid my posting mught have come across as condescending or angry. I wasn't feeling that way, at all :) . I am just so shocked that a child is missing and her family isn't looking. 'm just so frustrated with the lack of concern from immediate and other family. I mean, even if my 2 year old cousin who I haven't met went missing, I would scrape for whatever money and time I had to help as much as possible. They have no one. It just leaves me speechless that no one in the family seems to care :(

I definitely believe that the problem lies within the family/community, and I think that initially, LE(ALL that were involved) did all that they could with what they had to go on.

I do, however, agree to disagree with you about the location. :) It is funny to me that it is listed "within the Jackson Metropolitan statistical area" because, IMO, anyone familiar with the area knows it is nowhere near "metropolitan" Jackson. It is about an hour away. JMO

I just pray that someone decides that Myra is more important than whatever they are hiding. JMO

I think we agree on most points. Canton is definitely considered part of the greater Jackson area by most. The area that live in is as well, even though it is vastly different in landscape and lifestyle. I do shop there, get medical care there and actually, will dine there this evening. Camden is outlying from there, but is closely tied to Canton, from what I understand. Don't think that Camden itself is considered part of the metro area, but with respect to LE resources, all of those in the metro area were called upon to be utilized in this case. That was my intent to reference the metro area. Madison Co SD covers a lot of different areas, (including some very close to metro Jackson) and would hate for them to be classified as a rural SD with few resources. For those that don't live locally, or who haven't fror a long while, it could be misleading. JMO.

IMO, this is just an all around tragedy. Absolutely! These parents should be screaming in the streets! AND, LE should be pounding on doors!

Unfortunately, the area that this little girl has "disappeared" from is located in an extremely rural part of Mississippi. Unless the FBI is on the ground in the area looking for this sweet baby, I seriously doubt that the SD is "all over this." I do believe that if someone will ever speak up, at that point, LE will highly involve themselves. Being familiar with the area, I just don't think that is what is happening, here. It could be due to lack of resources... JMO

It is sad that it seems that perfect strangers seem to care the most about whether this innoncent, little girl is found.

Well, they do have other cases to work, but it doesn't mean they will push this aside. Where I live, the SD has various divisions, Homicide, Major Crimes, Missing Persons, etc.. Sometimes they combine a couple of them. As for actively looking for Myra, I would think they have to have some kind of lead or a tip to launch a major search.

I don't know how this SD works, but I am sure they have not declared it a cold case yet. Maybe they only devote a day or two a week, or they just wait until there are new developments. There are usually more than a few detectives, and they're all assigned a certain number of cases, so they keep the files at their desk and go over some of them every day. This is what my son, a former detective with the SD, tells me. While it may appear that nobody is working on this case, I would bet they are, just not constantly.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, just trying to explain a little of why there isn't any media coverage of what is going on. I can't explain why the family isn't doing much, other than talking to reporters occasionally, but I can guarantee that somebody is covering for somebody else. I would stake my reputation on that!

I agree. Maybe people in the community don't want to get involved, maybe there is someone in the family they are afraid will make threats. There are all kinds of reasons why people don't say anything. Could be that no one else outside the family really saw anything that would help.

As for your last paragraph, you are right on. Predators don't always plan these things right down to the minute, they look for opportunities. Someone who travels that road on a daily basis, could have been there at the right time. It does happen. Sometimes when things don't sound logical, they actually are, once you really open your mind and consider possibilities, rather than statistics. I'm not much on statistics, really, because it all depends on the people gathering them. Too many variables for them to be all that accurate.

I think we agree on most points. Canton is definitely considered part of the greater Jackson area by most. The area that live in is as well, even though it is vastly different in landscape and lifestyle. I do shop there, get medical care there and actually, will dine there this evening. Camden is outlying from there, but is closely tied to Canton, from what I understand. Don't think that Camden itself is considered part of the metro area, but with respect to LE resources, all of those in the metro area were called upon to be utilized in this case. That was my intent to reference the metro area. Madison Co SD covers a lot of different areas, (including some very close to metro Jackson) and would hate for them to be classified as a rural SD with few resources. For those that don't live locally, or who haven't fror a long while, it could be misleading. JMO.

You are right. I meant rural as in the community not the SD. As a mother, this, as well as many other, cases are just so frustrating. I don't mean to come across as malicious in any way. :loveyou:

You are right. I meant rural as in the community not the SD. As a mother, this, as well as many other, cases are just so frustrating. I don't mean to come across as malicious in any way. :loveyou:

I feel the same way as you. I have children and cannot imagine being silent. I didn't think you're being malicious. I just feel bad for some of the LE involved. I think they are really feeling it. The last interview with the sheriff that I saw was him saying that Myra is the last thing on his mind when he closes his eyes and the first he thinks of when he wakes up. It is a nightmare for many.

:bump:

Hate to see this thread on page 3.

add Erica Parsons to the list.

More and more we are seeing this in cases. shameful. just shameful. And yet those families who refused to seem concerned or search for their missing, particularly the missing children, are so confused as to why people suspect they may have had something to DO with the child being missing. REALLY? They can't see how we are adding 1+1 and coming up with 2?

IIRC, early on in the investigation when the possibility of Myra may have joined her Mom for shopping, there was discussion concerning what LE would need to gather for that part of the investigation. Info such as what town(s)
did Myra's mother go to for shopping when she left the family home, and such as her route to the grocery store, other stops and errands, and names of those she may have talked with. This information was not provided to LE, the last that I know of.

As well, LE was not notified until 4 p.m.of the day Myra had been missing since around 11 a.m. that morning. Did Dad not call Mom and ask her to come home from shopping, as Myra had been missing since the Mom left that morning??

Where is the missing information needed to bring Myra home ?? :praying:

IIRC, early on in the investigation when the possibility of Myra may have joined her Mom for shopping, there was discussion concerning what LE would need to gather for that part of the investigation. Info such as what town(s)
did Myra's mother go to for shopping when she left the family home, and such as her route to the grocery store, other stops and errands, and names of those she may have talked with. This information was not provided to LE, the last that I know of.

As well, LE was not notified until 4 p.m.of the day Myra had been missing since around 11 a.m. that morning. Did Dad not call Mom and ask her to come home from shopping, as Myra had been missing since the Mom left that morning??

Where is the missing information needed to bring Myra home ?? :praying:
The whole scenario is off. If dad thought Myra went with mom, when did he start searching? Are there records to show he called anybody to ask about Myra, or did he call anybody to help search?
Young children don't know to lie, and if questioned correctly, they will most likely tell what they know. We don't know who talked to them or IF they were questioned. If they were, nothing raised a red flag I guess. There is little known on what LE actually knows and that's a shame because keeping quiet has NOT worked. If the chief thinks of Myra morning and night, then change tactics and do something else. JMO

Bumping from page 3...Why is no one talking about a missing 2 year old???????? Do they just keep on keepin' on with their lives????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb