MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
uh, what he said has already been said.

So why all of the digging, etc. if they believe she is alive?
Do they now think she was sold, maybe? And if so, or given away, why would she be in the area? Makes no sense.

It was asked if she was involved and he said, I am not going to answer that. Previously it was stated in MSM that she was not a POI and the article was pulled and deleted. That is the first post on the first page. IMO that's why the poster said MAY. LE typically clears the family first. I am certainly not accusing them, but it concerns me that they haven't been cleared.

we still do not discuss parents unless they are pointed out as a POI so we need not even go there at this time.

That is not true. They are consulted and only help if need be. They do not help in all missing children cases, not even close. A large percentage are runaways and they don't assist in those unless need be. Even in many average missing children cases they don't assist, but consult and get called in if need be. Example, Michaela Wells. They consulted on that case and only got involved when it was determined she had crossed state lines and the case got a little different.

You are correct, I should have stated that runaways, unless they crossed state lines would be the exception. And that FBI involvement is at the request of local authorities.

However, my point is this is standard operating procedure and that nothing exceptional can be read into the fact that the FBI is involved.

eta: FBI involvement does not automatically indicate kidnapping, ransom, etc.

It was asked if she was involved and he said, I am not going to answer that. Previously it was stated in MSM that she was not a POI and the article was pulled and deleted. That is the first post on the first page. IMO that's why the poster said MAY. LE typically clears the family first. I am certainly not accusing them, but it concerns me that they haven't been cleared.
Thanks, that's what I meant.
we still do not discuss parents unless they are pointed out as a POI so we need not even go there at this time.

Sorry. I can delete if you want?

Do they now think she was sold, maybe? And if so, or given away, why would she be in the area? Makes no sense.

Digging - part of trying to uncover what happened to her. They don't know what happened to her. I feel like they have hit a wall. At this point I feel bewildered.

I just don't know what to think in this case. :banghead:

I don't know how LE is able to say what they do in pressers with a straight face. Ugh!

1. He is not going to say otherwise unless/until he has evidence.

2. I KNEW THIS WAS COMING. As soon as social media was brought up, a non-answer, evasive answer, was given, and the questions immediately cut off. The reason? No matter what happens in MS, police are like, "uh...social media? Uh..yeah..we are taking tips on everything." (Aside: "Social media? Anybody doing social media? Anybody know how?" "Um...not me. I don't do internet.") STANDARD ISSUE PROTOCOL.

Seriously....remember my story about reporting someone on the most wanted list? Somebody could confess on social media and nothing would happen for a month.

To me this is absolutely THE most frustrating thing ever!

Alive because I don't have reason to believe otherwise...he's optimistic. Huh? (The huh is me)

sigh. I hope he's correct, but... maybe I've followed more missing cases than he has?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I pressed record at the start but missed the very beginning, where he asked the reporters if they had any questions. My transcription begins with where my recording picked up his response :blushing:

Sheriff: "We're just going to continue investigating the case, following up leads which have started to come in, and build on the case from there."
Reporter: We saw that on Mount Pilgrim Road today, there were just the two deputies just kind of keeping an eye on the area. Any plans to search that area again, today or in the coming days?

S: No, not at this point. I think we feel pretty confident that we covered that area pretty well, but certainly in the event that leads or evidence turns us back in that direction , we'll be more than happy to go back out and do that again.

R: So you believe Myra Lewis is still somewhere in this area? Do you believe she's still alive?

S: Yes, I do. I don't have anything that would say otherwise

R: inaudible about previous presser

S: Well the press conference was, I can't go back over it, I mean it's long, but basically it's, the investigation's gone from a search mode to an investigative mode. Follow leads and try to piece the puzzle together and get a happy outcome and get Myra back home.

R: Why do you believe she's still alive?

S: Because I don't have any reason to suggest otherwise and I'm an optimistic person, ok?

R: Realistically, with the temperatures the way they've been, I know you're optimistic, do you believe she's alive even with all the factors, realism playing in?

S: I... I do. I sincerely believe that in my heart, and I feel for the family, we're gonna keep going. I made the statement we're gonna explore every option we can and we're gonna do that. Today the FBI's gonna explain that further. Ok? Alright, one question, go ahead.

R: Why was the mother arrested? I know you said she was charged with a violation, a probation violation that probably just came up. If you're looking for a two-year old child, and you throw her in jail on a probation violation, doesn't that make it hard for her to communicate in the proper way with authorities to try and find the child?

S: You know, there's never a good time to go to jail for anyone, I don't think, but you know she just wasn't thrown in jail. There was a warrant served that was for her arrest, and obviously I'm charged with the duty of serving those warrants. I don't have the discretion to give her that authority. The warrants that are issued by the Judge. I swore to uphold the law and that's part of it.

R: Do you believe the mom had something to do with her disappearance?

S: I'm not gonna answer that.

R: Why take the father, uh why take the children out of the home if the father was not incapacitated any way by the search?

S: Say that again?

R: The children were taken out of the home and put into DHS custody with the father still around.

S: The children were removed based on the DHS investigation. That's their call. I would suggest asking them that, ok? Alright, I'm going to turn things over to Mr. McMullen

to be continued in the next post

Transcription of Presser - Part 2 - excuse my typos :please:

Because they are oblivious as to how to approach social media so they just keep asking neighbors and digging and searching because they don't know where else to start looking.

2. I KNEW THIS WAS COMING. As soon as social media was brought up, a non-answer, evasive answer, was given, and the questions immediately cut off. The reason? No matter what happens in MS, police are like, "uh...social media? Uh..yeah..we are taking tips on everything." (Aside: "Social media? Anybody doing social media? Anybody know how?" "Um...not me. I don't do internet.") STANDARD ISSUE PROTOCOL.

Seriously....remember my story about reporting someone on the most wanted list? Somebody could confess on social media and nothing would happen for a month.

BBM

Sorry, but I disagree with this statement.

sigh. I hope he's correct, but... maybe I've followed more missing cases than he has?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You might be right about following more MP cases than he has. Madison County isn't exactly a hub of these type cases. Abigail Bonner is the only one I can think of and that was totally different plus city of Madison, not county. It's a pretty nice, safe place to live, generally speaking.

FBI offers reward for info that brings missing girl home
Myra Lewis last seen March 1
UPDATED 3:32 PM CDT Mar 10, 2014

(snip)
Madison County Sheriff Randy Tucker said he believes Myra is alive, but said the investigation has moved from a search to an investigation.

FBI Special Agent-in-charge Dan McMullen said law enforcement agents have done ground and air searches and called in special search teams.

(more@link)
http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mississippi/leads-pursued-in-search-for-missing-2yearold/24896212?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=16%2Bwapt%2Bnews&utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=16%2Bwapt%2Bnews

I didn't either. I honestly think they just don't know what happened. They have no evidence to suggest she isn't alive so they are going on the hope that she is.

I agree, i think they have no idea and are investigating anything right now

I am pretty sure they are aware , most are. If LE is unsure you can bet the FBI is on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder why they held the PC...could have just announced reward in a statement.

It might be unrelated but still:

@courtneyannj: Just saw several marked & unmarked cars speeding out of sheriff's dept. headed north. No word on whether it's related to Myra Lewis search.

She's a WLBT reporter.

I would have thought after all this time, that they were digging AND investigating.

Wonder why they held the PC...could have just announced reward in a statement.

Yes and they really had nothing else to say that couldn't be said via a reporter. We know nothing, we have no idea, no good tips, and there's a reward now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela