MS - Tony Evans, 3, mauled to death by pit bull, Jackson, 23 July 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pit Bull attacks an adult=Its been treated badly by owners.
Pit Bull maims child=The dog felt threatened ,child should have been watched more closely.
Statistics showing without a doubt Pit Bulls are statisticly far more likely to attack humans then most other breeds=Anti Pit Bull Propaganda by racist commie baiters.
Da'Nile aint just a river in Egypt....

Pit Bull attacks an adult=Its been treated badly by owners.
Pit Bull maims child=The dog felt threatened ,child should have been watched more closely.
Statistics showing without a doubt Pit Bulls are statisticly far more likely to attack humans then most other breeds=Anti Pit Bull Propaganda by racist commie baiters.
Da'Nile aint just a river in Egypt....

Huh??? What is your point? Very confusing post.

In *this* case, the dog was chained in his own yard. An innocent and unsupervised child wandered into this yard. Not even a child of the owner. A strange unknown little person.

This is neither the child nor the dogs fault that this tragic accident occured. This is, without a doubt, the failure of parents and owner for both of them.

I cannot even equate this "event" as equal to others. I would like to know if and when someone will ever hold accountable the owner of these pets. Dogs are not human. They do not think as we do. Is there something that is being missed here? I think so.

I have a Rottie, I myself was scared to death of him when he joined our family...because I had always "HEARD" that they are a vicious breed, I had never been around them much..but I just went on what I had always heard. And lemme tell you.... THANK GOD I didn't give into the hoopla, I would die if anything happened to this furbaby. He almost died last year..some here know the story. And like the Sandra's Golden...people flock to my Rexi as well.
m_4a5fd1eb0502014049f59b7780789a70.jpg

By the way, here is the latest about the case we are currently discussing. It is all the talk around here.

No Charges in Fatal Dog Attack
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/p...730/NEWS/807300365&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

:(

Huh??? What is your point? Very confusing post.

In *this* case, the dog was chained in his own yard. An innocent and unsupervised child wandered into this yard. Not even a child of the owner. A strange unknown little person.

This is neither the child nor the dogs fault that this tragic accident occured. This is, without a doubt, the failure of parents and owner for both of them.

I cannot even equate this "event" as equal to others. I would like to know if and when someone will ever hold accountable the owner of these pets. Dogs are not human. They do not think as we do. Is there something that is being missed here? I think so.

Absolutely!!! Especially when the owner of the dog admits to not even caring about the dog..."I only have it here for protection". Dogs do need attention, love, care, freaking FOOD...almost everything his owner needs to survive. And just what do the dogs ask for in return of ALL that they do for us?

Absolutely!!! Especially when the owner of the dog admits to not even caring about the dog..."I only have it here for protection". Dogs do need attention, love, care, freaking FOOD...almost everything his owner needs to survive. And just what do the dogs ask for in return of ALL that they do for us?

I think many people have no idea that a dog needs to know where he is in the "pack". If they are not trained to know what is or is not acceptable, they are going to attempt to place themselves ahead of another. It's a pecking order that nearly all animals do.

The need to know *who* is boss and it's not them. They are an animal who have no idea, on any possible level, how we expect them to behave. I honestly believe many do not understand that.

Report from the CDC concerning fatalities from dog bites from 1979-1998. It's certainly more detailed than anything else I've read, and also discusses the numbers of fatalities in relation to different breed populations, but to get to that, you have to read through the whole thing and boy...it's long.

I'm only posting this as an info source. There's probably more current stats out there, but it's getting late & I have to close the store. There's a cold beer and a hot husband waiting for me ;) 'night all.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dogbreeds.pdf

No propoganda needed...I have personal experience and that is all I need.

Pit Bulls and Bull Terriers are dangerous because of their breed.

I tube fed and hand raised a litter of 5 that had to be orphaned because the mother went nuts and started killing her puppies.

They were spoiled, nurtured sweet babies until they were 8 weeks old and eating together like they always did and one growled. It became a blood fest with 8 week old babies acting like killing machines. I could NOT believe it.

I raised them with love and tenderness. One of the puppies we sold had to go back to the rescue because he was trying to attack his owner's new girlfriend. He eventually had to be put down. He was black and white with an eye patch and so cute, but he was a pit and that was all there was to it.

My very good friends had a pit that they vehemently defended. Their daughter has professional dogs that do commercials and shows. They love their dogs. Spencer the Pit was loving and fun. Then, one day he attacked one of her other daughter's dogs and almost killed it. Then he just started acting aggressive with people. They had to put him down. They were shocked that their Spencer could be so "unlike" himself.

My niece got a pit puppy. I was staying with her when he was still pretty young, but I still didn't trust him. She too defended her decision to own one of these dogs by blaming bad owners. He is now 2 years old and he's started killing other animals and now he growled at one of the grandkids. My relatives will not get rid of him. It's only a matter of time before he hurts someone, but there is nothing anyone can do until it's too late.

You will NEVER convince me it's all the fault of bad owners. There is such a thing as a killer instinct in animals and I believe it's bred into them. They CAN make good pets, but you never know when they will turn and on whom. There is no way to know, so you can't trust any of them. There are plenty of Pits with very BAD owners who never kill anyone and vice versa.

Stop the real propoganda. I ain't buyin' it and I don't think others with a lick of common sense do either.

It's not just about the pet owners. Not all owners are "bad" people. Not at all. It also has much to do with the way the dog was bred. That probably the being where many problems begin for these animals.

Many, many people with breed these (or any animal) with absolutely no thought of either parent and their background. That is huge. You cannot expect a good pet if it's bloodline has been diluted with inbreeding and/or a history of health issues. There are going to be pets that have major, major problems. It's not the owners fault. It's not the animals fault. To blame are those who don't give two hoots about the breed or the family they end up with. I think it's all about the dollar.

I don't paint all with one big paint brush. I do not believe all is black or white. You need to look at both sides. In this particular case, neither the dog or the child are to blame.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back