MSM Coverage 11/3/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And early media reports also had it as JI's parents (the one I saw the most) or Ji's brother's (he doesn't have one). It being PN's makes much more sense.

I don't know ANY 20-year-olds these days who own their own house. Most of them don't even own their own car.

I would like a reporter to ask LE if they have "moved on" from the parents. It seems like following the gigantic 17 hour search they are starting from scratch with all the usual stuff you do following a crime, talking to anyone and everyone and treating others as potential POI's, showing pictures around, etc. Since the one thing they are willing to say is that they've "moved on" I think it's a fair question to ask at this point.

I really hope they are getting some more information and progressing rapidly in their investigation- whatever it means and whomever it implicates. I don't care who goes to jail for this, as long as there is solid evidence against them and they DO in fact go to jail.

JMO

I would like a reporter to ask LE if they have "moved on" from the parents. It seems like following the gigantic 17 hour search they are starting from scratch with all the usual stuff you do following a crime, talking to anyone and everyone and treating others as potential POI's, showing pictures around, etc. Since the one thing they are willing to say is that they've "moved on" I think it's a fair question to ask at this point.

I really hope they are getting some more information and progressing rapidly in their investigation- whatever it means and whomever it implicates. I don't care who goes to jail for this, as long as there is solid evidence against them and they DO in fact go to jail.

JMO

I don't think LE will be moving on from anyone they are not allowed to question, as new or more questions arise. JMO

I'm a mom and I'm a grandma....does baby Lisa have grandparents?? If so, where are they?? This Nanny would be camped out at the police station except when I was on TV begging for my grandbaby back! I'd beg for her back or just something to let me know she was ok....I'd talk about her....what she liked to eat, sleeping habits, favorite toy, was she walking, crawling or saying any words. Teeth? I'd talk about how much she means to us and how much her brothers miss her...I would go on and on and on as long as they'd let me....why is NOBODY doing this for Lisa?? :confused:

I'm a mom and I'm a grandma....does baby Lisa have grandparents?? If so, where are they?? This Nanny would be camped out at the police station except when I was on TV begging for my grandbaby back! I'd beg for her back or just something to let me know she was ok....I'd talk about her....what she liked to eat, sleeping habits, favorite toy, was she walking, crawling or saying any words. Teeth? I'd talk about how much she means to us and how much her brothers miss her...I would go on and on and on as long as they'd let me....why is NOBODY doing this for Lisa?? :confused:

Excellent question Amster. IMOO, whilst there may have been only one perpetrator of a crime here, there are a lot more than one who know the details. There are too many players either throwing wrenches or not speaking at all.
If this was my child, I'd be WANTING to speak to LE and get things moving, not blocking it!

I don't think LE will be moving on from anyone they are not allowed to question, as new or more questions arise. JMO

Oh, I don't disagree. I just think it's interesting after the 17 hour search that they seem to be expanding rather than zeroing in. Of course they may just be trying to confirm evidence pointing to her through others- that is certainly possible :)

I maintain that if they have enough evidence they can and SHOULD pick the parents up. Don't make it optional. Yes, parents can sit in silence, but they have to sit there and listen at least.

If they don't have enough evidence after their 17 hours search, then... well...

This is JMO and observations. LE just doesn't seem in too much of a rush for that conversation either? Obviously there is a good chance my perceptions are inaccurate. I don't claim to have the all the answers. I just think it is something to consider while weighing all the (limited!!!) facts and (massive!!!) speculations. :crazy:

Maybe because they're not searching for your child, but are just accusing you?

LE has been searching for Baby Lisa.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/baby-lisa-investigation-leads-14747023

http://www.kmbc.com/r-video/29432311/detail.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/25/missing-baby-lisas-age-makes-her-harder-to-find/

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-kcpd-has-run-down-almost-700-baby-lisa-leads

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/283087/3/New-search-under-way-for-Lisa-Irwin

These are just a few of the media articles that have reported on LE's searches for Lisa Irwin - searches that involved questioning people other than DB & JI, as well as searches that involved areas other than the Lister home.

There are many more articles/links in the Media Thread.

LE has looked high & low for Baby Lisa.

It's way past time for the parents to step up & assist LE.

You can't blame LE. Either they are building a case or they are at a dead end due to the parents lack of cooperation. What are they to do? They can't get a clear cut story from these parents. I'm so disgusted at the complete lack of concern and urgency from these two it makes me sick. They immediately went into hiding and people have the nerve to blame LE. I'm beyond sick of this. Where on earth is baby Lisa and where is a family member who cares enough to beg for her return for God sake!!!!!!
I think more could be resolved if the parents would cut ties with their current attorneys who do not have the family's best interest in mind. I do not think they should navihate this on their own, but get somebody who is in it for the right reasons.

JMO

It is also possible they are looking for accomplices. IF mommy had an accident with the baby and dad was at work, who did she call for help? I have wondered if the cops are trying to find any links between this new cast of characters and mom. Especially if the phone # written on the hand is true.

LE has been searching for Baby Lisa.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/baby-lisa-investigation-leads-14747023

http://www.kmbc.com/r-video/29432311/detail.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/25/missing-baby-lisas-age-makes-her-harder-to-find/

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-kcpd-has-run-down-almost-700-baby-lisa-leads

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/283087/3/New-search-under-way-for-Lisa-Irwin

These are just a few of the media articles that have reported on LE's searches for Lisa Irwin - searches that involved questioning people other than DB & JI, as well as searches that involved areas other than the Lister home.

There are many more articles/links in the Media Thread.

LE has looked high & low for Baby Lisa.

It's way past time for the parents to step up & assist LE.

Just as many links could be given of all the steps the parents have taken and all the interviews they have submitted to. The fact is that it is LE who has said they are not NOW actively searching for Lisa. As someone else noticed, that seems bizarre and almost unprecedented for a police department. Usually, they at least say they have moved from searching for a live child to searching for a body. If people on WS can think of places to search that have not been, it is odd that police - and I would argue, people in the area - have not searched those places. If I lived there, I would feel obligated to organize and take part in searches until a child or a body was found.

I don't know ANY 20-year-olds these days who own their own house. Most of them don't even own their own car.
The house is not in any of the families names so I think he might be renting it, Not everybody lives with mom or dad until they are 30. I sure didn't. I moved out and paid my bills at 18.

Just as many links could be given of all the steps the parents have taken and all the interviews they have submitted to. The fact is that it is LE who has said they are not NOW actively searching for Lisa. As someone else noticed, that seems bizarre and almost unprecedented for a police department. Usually, they at least say they have moved from searching for a live child to searching for a body. If people on WS can think of places to search that have not been, it is odd that police - and I would argue, people in the area - have not searched those places. If I lived there, I would feel obligated to organize and take part in searches until a child or a body was found.

Steps the parents have taken to do what?? :waitasec:

Oh! That's right! They have put together a team of lawyers to protect themselves and have an exclusive with ABC....which had cameras follow the boys trick or treating....and...and....they aren't cooperating with LE.

IMO: the parents have done nothing to find baby Lisa... all the interviews?? with who MEDIA?? or the LE? They refuse to be interviewed now.. refuse to have a potential eye witness interviewed!! HUH? What happens if one of those children saw the person who "kidnapped" lil Lisa??? Debrah has not spoken to the boys about Lisa being "kidnapped at all (so she says) .. so how is she sooo sure that one of them didn't see anything??

Sorry, IMO DB is guilty as sin and her boyfriend JI , for some unknown reason, is covering for her ... IMO

The links I provided demonstrated that LE has been investigating other potential scenarios/possible suspects regarding Baby Lisa's disappearance other than DB and/or JI.

As I stated in my previous post, there are many more media links available in the Media Links thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151102"]Media links~NO DISCUSSION PLEASE - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

OK Everyone,

I have re-opened this thread but I really do not want to babysit.

Please post calmly. If you are getting too worked up then turn off your computer for the night and start fresh tomorrow OK?

This case is really stirring up every one's emotions. It's understandable. Just please remember when posting here we do not in any way attack posters or allow anyone to be rude.

All you have to do is remember to be polite and you won't have any problems.

Thanks,
Tricia

I don't think anyone here claims that LE has not searched but I think what most of us were discussing was the statement made today, which to me means LE has stopped searching.

"Kansas City police said they are not actively searching for 11-month-old Lisa Irwin."

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1ciFolyfp

But it isn't in the form of a quote. Perhaps they were asked if there was a search going on at that moment. We don't know. We only know this is far more sensational to print.

Just home from work..so I am way behind on today's developments and I did go the the facebook link but what I found interesting is when I clicked on SB's profile, (she is listed in his "married to" part)... it says "recent activity" 'SB and TN" are now friends.' huh???
(although of course it says their full names)
I don't know what the heck this means...and of course I can't tell how recent that "activity" is.. maybe this has been posted about already/or maybe I am not supposed to post this?
But WTH???
10 minutes into catching up and once again, head is spinning...

Is SB the neighbors husband, the neighbor or ?...and who is TN? Thanks I get confused with all of these names and secret codes :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl