MSM Coverage 11/3/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why aren't reporters asking LE for an update instead of chasing down "characters" ?

So, from your post are we to think that you feel that it's better that the boys never find out what happened to their sister, vs having to talk to "bad ole LE?"

BBM where in my post did I write this? Where did I even "hint" to it? Please do not put words in my mouth...

Bottom line is they were interviewed..How they were interviewed we do not know. We do not know if LE had guns on their belts..we do not know what they said to the boys...we do not know what the boys told them.

Interviewing children is a very difficult task and needs to be done by a professional at ALL times. A professional that deals with children and are aware of the issues that can and do arise after such a tramatic event in their life.

I am sure that when LE, the family and the rest of the world finds out what happened to their sister they will be informed as well. I would hope at that time that if they are having a hard time dealing with it treatment will be obtained for them.

We just do not know enough about the children and their interviews to give an opinion as to why the parents/lawyers are not allowing them to be re-interviewed.

But they were interviewed right at the beginning which is when it would be freshest in their memory. I don't think re-interviewing at this point would do anything but mentally scar them even more than I am sure they already are.

If I knew that my child had told them everything about that day/night, no I would not make them go through it again. JMO.

I disagree. They did not know what to ask them about at the very start of this case. Now they probably have specific questions about specific people. For example, when did you see your uncle that night? Did he stay all night? Or things like that they never asked earlier.

And the interview is going to be done by a child psychologist, not a homicide detective. So it will not be scarring. imo. Quite the opposite.

I remember when I was about 5 I was at a community pool with my older brother and our teen sitter and a child drowned in the pool that day. I remember clearly seeing the child brought up from the bottom by the lifeguard, and watching them try and give CPR. We watched it all, and then went home. The police came the next day and wanted to ask us questions and my mom did not want them to because it was too upsetting, she thought. But they did talk to my older brother, not me. Years later I wished they had talked to me because it was always like a lump of coal, just sitting there in my psyche. I really feel that if some adult had questioned me, explained things and listened to me as well, it would have been better resolved. imoo

In other words, those boys have said they heard strange noises, clicking sounds. Some one needs to help them figure that out. To help them make it less of a mystery. And if they can help in any way it will be great for them as they grow up, imo/

Why aren't reporters asking LE for an update instead of chasing down "characters" ?

I thought LE gave reporters an update. Parents still not cooperating, LE not actively searching for Lisa at this point.

BBM where in my post did I write this? Where did I even "hint" to it? Please do not put words in my mouth...

Bottom line is they were interviewed..How they were interviewed we do not know. We do not know if LE had guns on their belts..we do not know what they said to the boys...we do not know what the boys told them.

Interviewing children is a very difficult task and needs to be done by a professional at ALL times. A professional that deals with children and are aware of the issues that can and do arise after such a tramatic event in their life.

I am sure that when LE, the family and the rest of the world finds out what happened to their sister they will be informed as well. I would hope at that time that if they are having a hard time dealing with it treatment will be obtained for them.

We just do not know enough about the children and their interviews to give an opinion as to why the parents/lawyers are not allowing them to be re-interviewed.

This re-interview was not going to be done by LE. It was going to be done by a child psychologist, with no LE present in the room.

I thought LE gave reporters an update. Parents still not cooperating, LE not actively searching for Lisa at this point.

I should've been clearer. An update on the evidence retrieved from the home. Are tests back? If not, when? If they stopped searching. Why?

etc

I like this reporter. He seems to be the only one on the ground.

But if even he is using language like "New character", I feel more and more like this whole case is a big game.:banghead:

I'm probably being a bit harsh on Mr Spellman but still............

The only reason she did that is because she got a plea deal.

True. But she didn't have to say squat. In fact, if she hadn't, she might well have only been charged with obstruction of justice in that case. Without the info she gave up, I don't know that LE could have built a case against her.

JMO

I should've been clearer. An update on the evidence retrieved from the home. Are tests back? If not, when? If they stopped searching. Why?

etc

Good questions, n/t. I'd sure like to know the answers. But maybe reporters have asked and LE simply says, "No comment." I don't know.

But if even he is using language like "New character", I feel more and more like this whole case is a big game.:banghead:

I actually rolled my eyes when I read the twitter. <paraphrasing> Not covering Lisa's case because of Conrad Murray trial. No major news on Lisa but stay tuned for tomorrow. Another character and a new development.

Yay. Can't wait.:innocent:

But they were interviewed right at the beginning which is when it would be freshest in their memory. I don't think re-interviewing at this point would do anything but mentally scar them even more than I am sure they already are.

If I knew that my child had told them everything about that day/night, no I would not make them go through it again. JMO.

Respectfully...a lot has been discovered since the boys talked to LE. They were talked to the day after Lisa disappeared and there are undoubtedly a lot of new things that LE could ask them.

And, how would speaking with an expert who talks to children "scar them" more than never seeing their little sister again? I just don't get the reasoning in that.

You're not alone. I cringed when I read "new character emerges" too. This isn't a detective novel, for pity sake. :rolleyes:

But, then again...it's twitter. Stuff often comes across awkward on twitter because of the limited word format.

Good questions, n/t. I'd sure like to know the answers. But maybe reporters have asked and LE simply says, "No comment." I don't know.

Maybe but most reporters report something even when it's nothing.

Example: Our *** director contacted Law Enforcement Sources earlier today in the Baby Lisa case and were informed they have no comment at this time.

I actually rolled my eyes when I read the twitter. <paraphrasing> Not covering Lisa's case because of Conrad Murray trial. No major news on Lisa but stay tuned for tomorrow. Another character and a new development.

Yay. Can't wait.:innocent:

I hear you. I will give him the benefit of doubt till tomorrow.

I keep reading the tweet and it get's worse and worse. He makes the real life case of a missing baby sound like the latest plot twist in a soap opera.:nono:

Mr Spellman..........Please deliver tomorrow.

You can't blame LE. Either they are building a case or they are at a dead end due to the parents lack of cooperation. What are they to do? They can't get a clear cut story from these parents. I'm so disgusted at the complete lack of concern and urgency from these two it makes me sick. They immediately went into hiding and people have the nerve to blame LE. I'm beyond sick of this. Where on earth is baby Lisa and where is a family member who cares enough to beg for her return for God sake!!!!!!

You can't blame LE. Either they are building a case or they are at a dead end due to the parents lack of cooperation. What are they to do? They can't get a clear cut story from these parents. I'm so disgusted at the complete lack of concern and urgency from these two it makes me sick. They immediately went into hiding and people have the nerve to blame LE. I'm beyond sick of this. Where on earth is baby Lisa and where is a family member who cares enough to beg for her return for God sake!!!!!!

I agree! It's like supporting the parents and arguing about how innocent they are is more important than finding that dear child! It makes me sick too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kate E