MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 10/29/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think if the parents could not find a child, they would report it as a kidnapping.

If they didn't take her somewhere and she can't walk out the door, IMO a 911 call to report a kidnapping would be the correct call.

JMO

That's what you would think, and it probably has happened before and for good reason. I was just trying to explain why it might have been put in as something else besides this.

I served in Fire/Rescue for over ten years. I personally responded to many a missing child dispatch.

A call for a missing child is a priority call. It gets emergency response moving very quickly. Sometimes older kids are hiding under a bed, sometimes they are truly missing. Sometimes the child runs away if old enough. But it is a priority call generally.

Now I have no idea how the dispatchers are trained in this area. But as an active scanner listener in my own area and all over the country almost daily, several channels at once, a missing child is generally reported as a missing child from my listening experience.

Again it could be that the emphasis was not based on the child being missing in the beginning. Or the dispatcher misunderstood, or the code structure is different. I feel this is unique the way this call was dispatched from my own personal perspective.

I didn't take it that way.I took it as when they went to call 911 they couldn't find their cell phones and then they realized they were gone.

I'm going by what DB and JI said in the interview with reporters. JI states, "They took her and took all our phones so we couldn't call anyone."

" DB said, Three were taken, one wasn't even working."

I would love to know if JI mentioned the missing cell phones in the 911 call. That would be the last thing on my mind if my baby was kidnapped. I just can't imagine saying "My baby is missing!!!! And so are my cell phones!!!".

And watching last night, it dawned on me what was bothering me so much about the interview DB and JI gave reporters the night of Oct. 4.
When asked why anyone would take Lisa, DB said she had no idea why, maybe this, maybe that. But they had a ready reason for why the cell phones were taken. So we couldn't call 911. They took our phones so we couldn't call.
That has always bothered me. It just falls into the "Here's some more of my alibi" category, IMO.
Seems like, if you wanted people to think some intruder stole your stuff, you would have to guess they took it for money, or you would say, heck if I know. But for them to assign a reason behind a cell phone abduction...:waitasec:

If I was going to break into a house and steal a baby, I would not take something else that could be used to track me down (such as a cell phone).Just saying.

I would love to know if JI mentioned the missing cell phones in the 911 call. That would be the last thing on my mind if my baby was kidnapped. I just can't imagine saying "My baby is missing!!!! And so are my cell phones!!!".

And.....................why would the missing phones be such a priority to DB if she couldnt use them anyway? The phones are key here.

Just because you have a work cell phone on you, doesn't mean you didn't look for your own phones first. It was stated that he went to the neighbors to make sure the baby wasn't there. I never heard that he went there to make a phone call - only speculation that he did.

Tacopina told us that - was he speculating, too?

Steal the baby, leave the blanket, pacifier etc, but stop and take 3 cell phones?????
Kidnapper must have had big pockets

The original call should have been for missing child/Not kidnapping, if indeed the caller stated that they could not find their child.

If the only thing that was stated was that a screen was removed then the dispatched call would have been correct, that the home appeared to have a break in.

Well, in a world where no one lies about dingos taking their babies, it would stand to reason that Lisa, who was last seen in her crib, was either kidnapped or abducted - but there is a difference. Kidnapping is done by someone who wants somethng in exchange for the child or adult they have taken. Abduction is for the abductors satisfaction and asks nothing in return. Either way, she's "missing".

I think the word "kidanpped" added more drama, in someone's mind, which has been wrongly used since day one by many media outlets (Huffington Post and Reuters are two exceptions I can think of).

Well, in a world where no one lies about dingos taking their babies, it would stand to reason that Lisa, who was last seen in her crib, was either kidnapped or abducted - but there is a difference. Kidnapping is done by someone who wants somethng in exchange for the child or adult they have taken. Abduction is for the abductors satisfaction and asks nothing in return. Either way, she's "missing".

I think the word "kidanpped" added more drama, in someone's mind, which has been wrongly used since day one by many media outlets (Huffington Post and Reuters are two exceptions I can think of).

Exactly correct!

did they check the fridge to see if the kidnapper stopped and made a sammich too?

Steal the baby, leave the blanket, pacifier etc, but stop and take 3 cell phones?????
Kidnapper must have had big pockets

Perps love hoodies. Just listen to the Bolo descriptions in the scanner thread.

wonder what the ex attorney will be having a news conference about? There is no news so whats up? Great that she wants to search but why not do so low key.

Picked this up off a BeanE tweet, thanks BeanE!

I've been waiting for the psychics to start up, but this gal admits her "findings" are skewed by what she already knew. It will probably prompt others to chime in. mo

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-psychic-weighs-in-baby-lisa-case-20111030,0,463365.story

..that's what was reported the other day-----psychics are chiming in..

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/25/32 ... -part.html

Tip rate slows
The investigation into Lisa Irwin’s disappearance entered its fourth week Tuesday.

So far, investigators have received 976 tips and cleared 793 of them. The rate of tips coming in has started to slow, Kansas City police said. Many calls now are from psychics or people offering suggestions for how police should conduct their investigation.

If I was going to break into a house and steal a baby, I would not take something else that could be used to track me down (such as a cell phone).Just saying.

Perps aren't that smart. Most just think of selling the phones. Detectives in the show The first 48 are constantly tracking down a victims phone only to find the person using it is not their suspect at all. But merely someone who bought the phone on a street corner from the real suspect. Not saying that's the case here. But it happens and the phones are used until the service cuts off.

did they check the fridge to see if the kidnapper stopped and made a sammich too?

What's crazy is that happens. Some guy broke into my sis in laws house and made and ate a sandwich. Creepy. And friends of mine lived by a mentally ill teenager who used to roam the area homes at night. He'd eat their food, drink their liquor, smoke their cigs.

wonder what the ex attorney will be having a news conference about? There is no news so whats up? Great that she wants to search but why not do so low key.

Maybe she's attempting to repair her image after becoming part of the circus? She likely regrets some of the decisions that were made (not by her) while she was on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member