MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 10/30/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ent-believes-irwin-boys-should-be-interviewed

This article is dated yesterday but it says it was last updated today. I don't know what changed.

The former agent believes the parents are still suspects, which is distracting to the case.

"Law enforcement still has to split their resources between the family and the possibility of an unknown kidnapper all that is doing is frustrating the investigation and taking away critical resources," said Van Zandt.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...rwin-boys-should-be-interviewed#ixzz1cItnP0pt

I think I saw that video yesterday. So far, on this case, I've agreed with everything CVZ has said (that I've seen and read), except that I have leaned toward parental involvement sooner than he has admitted to on camera. ETA I should qualify that by saying he may have said that just becuz of statistics and SOP of looking at those closest to the victim first.

All the days are blending in together by following a case avidly. Good thing I'm not a potential witness...

The only things I'm guilty of are having brilliant multi-colors in my hair a few years back, wanting to do it again, and may just do that in the future (hopefully sooner than later). :angel: ;)

Middle,

If you can say, have either DB or JI attended any of the vigils held in front of JI's home (where DB also lived, along with Lisa and the other children, just trying to be accurate), other than the one, maybe two, that was filmed by MSM? I've seen MSM footage of one (daylite), and one (after dark, with candles, or were they candles in the daylite?), where they were there, but am not sure if that was the same vigil.

Thanks for any clarification (or other info) you can give! :)

Not yesterday's:

Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin were not there and the family has been lying low all weekend.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/30/3238307/search-for-lisa-irwin-nears-one.html#ixzz1cIvovgrE

Perhaps, DB wants to discredit the husband & wife witnesses near her home who saw the male with a baby wearing just a diaper.

Why, in your opinion, would she want to discredit them? :waitasec: (No sarcasm, just curiosity.)

Not yesterday's:

Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin were not there and the family has been lying low all weekend.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/30/3238307/search-for-lisa-irwin-nears-one.html#ixzz1cIvovgrE
TY, that is "where I'm going" with this question. That was the latest vigil, last nite, Saturday?, (except for potential tonite's). Oops, re-read your post, that was Friday's? What about Saturday's?

I'm asking if DB or JI attended *any* of the 1-2 vigils except for the ones televised by MSM, and again, the video(s) I saw could have just been 1 vigil that crossed over past sunset (daytime, nitetime). If anyone knows or can find out. I think this could be key.

Middle,

If you can say, have either DB or JI attended any of the vigils held in front of JI's home (where DB also lived, along with Lisa and the other children, just trying to be accurate), other than the one, maybe two, that was filmed by MSM? I've seen MSM footage of one (daylite), and one (after dark, with candles, or were they candles in the daylite?), where they were there, but am not sure if that was the same vigil.

Thanks for any clarification (or other info) you can give! :)
I can't answer that because when it is vigil time, the media makes the road impassible so I haven't been that way during vigil time for a while. They did go to many at the start, but IMO the media made it unbearable for them with their in-your-face remarks and lack of personal space boundaries. They (the media) are out of control here and people that aren't here just can't understand how much so.

I can't answer that because when it is vigil time, the media makes the road impassible so I haven't been that way during vigil time for a while. They did go to many at the start, but IMO the media made it unbearable for them with their in-your-face remarks and lack of personal space boundaries. They (the media) are out of control here and people that aren't here just can't understand how much so.
Thank you, that makes a difference (in my outsider assessment and opinions).

I have, however, followed most of your posts and appreciate your "on the spot" reports, and understand how the invasion of media on the neighborhood(s) is not only interfering with residents' rights to peaceful existence (maybe not legal rights, but still), but also may be interfering with the investigation to find Lisa.

Thank you, that makes a difference (in my outsider assessment and opinions).

I have, however, followed most of your posts and appreciate your "on the spot" reports, and understand how the invasion of media on the neighborhood(s) is not only interfering with residents' rights to peaceful existence (maybe not legal rights, but still), but also may be interfering with the investigation to find Lisa.

Mm hm.

I think actually, residents do have a legal right to a peaceful existence - that's why we have noise ordinances, dog barking ordinances, etc. People do have a right to be free from unnecessary friction in their neighborhoods - it would be awful to live there. I remember how frustrated the neighbors of the Petersons, and the neighbors of the Anthonys were with the intrusion.

Discuss main stream media coverage here.

You guys know the drill. This is not to be a general discussion thread. Link to the MSM articles you are referencing.

(description taken from yesterday's thread, I'm not a mod)

Just in case more happens before tomorrow (which I think may be a "big" day in the case)...opening thread on behalf of josie1986 who apparently went offline after posting the following:

From the link:

ty for starting the thread,i didn't want to start one cause i'd have probably done it wrong :crazy:

Have to admit... I feel that with nothing coming from LE lately we are nearing cold case status.

Have to admit... I feel that with nothing coming from LE lately we are nearing cold case status.

It is still just under a month since Lisa's disappearance so I won't go there yet. I do believe they are keeping everything regarding the investigation very close while DB/JI continue to hang themselves with every media appearance.

MOO

I just think they are releasing very little info and this is nowhere near a cold case. LE knows far more than we realize, IMO. Once I saw that the dog hit in the home, I knew LE had their woman. I also think JI is involved in some way, even if just a cover-up. They need to take time building a strong case, though, so we don't end up with another CA verdict.

Yes. Considering they don't even appear to know who answered MW's phone that was called by the Irwin's phone in the wee hours, and don't seem all that interested in pursuing it, I'd say we're approaching a cold case.

I don't see the media as the problem. The media may not have the right to ask questions at a vigil. They do have the right to cover the vigil.

I see the problem lying with the parents and their noncooperation with LE and local media as the problem.

Yes. Considering they don't even appear to know who answered MW's phone that was called by the Irwin's phone in the wee hours, and don't seem all that interested in pursuing it, I'd say we're approaching a cold case.

You're saying LE is making this a cold case?

MW claims she does not know who answered it, to the media. She also claims LE interviewed her 4 times.

Imo, it's quite possible LE knows who answered the phone (whether MW knows or doesn't). To me, it's abundantly evident that LE were/are doggedly pursuing it, they interviewed MW 4 times.

The assumption that LE is uninterested in solving this case or that LE is so incompetent as to not follow up thoroughly on a call placed from a phone that was stolen with the baby is baseless, imo. LE may already have the answer to if/how this phone call fits in to the puzzle. If not, I don't see any reason to conclude that they are not actively pursuing it. Even if you believe the whole KCPD and FBI are tunnel-visioned on the parents, how would not following up on this call benefit LE in any way? If LE was tunnel-visioned and out to get the parents without regard to finding Lisa, LE would assume whomever answered the phone was associated with the parents and could implicate them in the abduction, they'd want to find that person. At the very least, LE would know that not following up could give the defense an alternate mystery perp at a future trial, which could benefit the parents.

JMO...

Don't "appear" to know? Because they haven't released that info to the public? Has there been a statement about their interest in pursuing the info? If so, link please.

The media is a double edged sword. They are only doing their job. We might not like that they are camped out, but if they weren't, what would our reaction be if we didn't know about a search or an arrest or search warrant in certain areas.

At one point in this case there were thousands of people here on the forum, watching as the helicopters hovered over head and searched. We watched as the house was searched. We looked for news on the searches we couldn't see.

The media is not at fault for covering the whole story. Yes, it would be better if I were a neighbor not to have the media camped out in my neighborhood. Most of us aren't there and I do understand that inconvenience.

Even when the family tried to ward off the local media by refusing to talk and only to national news the media stayed on this story. Long after the national news programs get tired of this story, with no arrests and nothing happening at least on the surface, the local media in this area will stay on the story and keep Lisa's name and face out there.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-irwin-infants-brothers-submit-dna/story?id=14817602

October 26/2011

The captain rejected any suggestion that the case has hit a dead end.

"It would be far from reality to call this a cold case," Young said. "We're still looking at everything."

Police have received over 975 tips and have cleared almost 800 of those tips.

Baby Lisa has been missing since the night of Oct. 3 and an anonymous benefactor is offering a $100,000 reward for her safe return or the conviction of whoever took the little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member