MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/11/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it was at the very beginning as far as I know and DB was being accused. They lawyered up and now the cops want to question them separately. I honestly don't think LE would get anything from these re-interviews with an attorney present.

Would LE show evidence (if any) at this stage? I don't think so.

Perhaps they went about it the wrong way at the beginning and perhaps we wouldn't be where we are today. They may have had enough to make an arrest or they would've cleared the parents and moved on with the investigation.

Just bouncing here n/t, thanks.

I agree... IMO IMO IMO IMO

IF LE called DB (and she was innocent) in and said we have info on Lisa, can you imagine how that must have felt? I would have been thrilled, excited, maybe even expecting to see my baby when I got there. Then I get there and LE starts drilling me again and accusing me of killing the baby they just told me they had new info about. No, I wouldn't trust them either. Let me clarify.... I said IF LE did that and IF DB is innocent... :fence: IMO IMO IMO

Posted: Nov 01, 2011 3:57 PM EDT
Updated: Nov 01, 2011 5:20 PM EDT

Neither Mr. Picerno nor I will be fielding any further press inquiries at this time. There will also be no further comments made to the media by either the attorneys, the investigators, or the family. That would include no other "media house tours" or "press conferences". This standing position may change at any moment as developments occur.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15927416/tacopina-announces-new-local-counsel-in-baby-lisa-case

That statement was only 10 days ago, FWIW!

He did say that. This is a new development though, pretty big. It's Lisa's birthday. The boys were interviewed. I imagine people would have been screaming/upset either way he played it. No big deal in my opinion. I just wish it was a different attorney. It keeps Lisa's name out there which is important to me.

What it states in the article is: Various social networking sites reported that a birthday party would be held for Lisa at her home on North Lister Avenue at 9:30 a.m. but those reports could not be confirmed by KMBC 9 News.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29743218/detail.html#ixzz1dPDUuzZG

Who knows, if it is coming from social network sites...anybody could have set it up. It doesn't mean the family will be there. I'm sure a bittersweet day for them. So sad :(

also... live blog is back up

Thank You for this update ... I am so glad this "live blog" is back up !

:waitasec: Ya think kmbc put the "live blog" back, they are expecting some "movement" in this case -- especially since the boys were interviewed yesterday ?

Hopefully, there will be some good news today about Baby Lisa, especially on her First Birthday !

:bdsong::bdsong::bdsong:

I cannot imagine anything more horrific than having my child stolen from me and then I think what would be worse is having the cops and the world not believe me. let me use the stolen phone as an example. What is the deal about when the call from DB's phone was made. First I hear MW say it was 2 am or something like that, then I hear 9:30 pm and now 12 midnight I think i read somewhere, which is it? Is someone lying or are things just getting mixed up via media, police, lawyers, etc?

It could also be said that if it were a stranger abduction and this stranger took this child home or gave the baby for someone else to take home, that someone would notice a new baby in the house, especially one that is almost a year old (at the time of abduction). Someone, friend, family member, neighbor would notice a new child to the household. No one has come forward with that information either.

If you have the means to do it, you can keep someone hidden for a long time, especially a baby.

until admin weighs in on RR's blog we are not linking to it just yet... also: we only link to tweets that are main stream media. Thanks so much

I don't know. It's a clip of a man/woman all in white walking near a tree in a gas station lot. Yet, it was touted by BS and JT and later talking heads "as a man with a baby coming out of the woods". Quite possible whoever it is never saw the video, even if they were local. If the blob were simply told about the description, he/she probably wouldn't even put two and two together as the image and the descriptions of the image don't match. Plus, there is nothing to say this person was walking around. Could have parked on the street and went to use facilities or take a rest break, gotten back in a car and kept heading to a destination far away. I'd venture to guess it's a lot more likely that the blob never even heard or saw the video than not. Unless he/she is a WSer or HLN addict! If I weren't following on WS, I never would have seen it.

JMO...

This week I saw several utility workers. On at least three different occasions and three different sights, I saw Verizon and some other communications trucks. The workers were all wearing white jumpsuits.
It wouldn't be unheard of if that is exactly the kind of person seen on the White Blob Video. It could be worth while for LE to go to utility companies, gas, electric, cable, etc. and ask if they had workers at that intersection or in that neighborhood on the date and at the time in question. There would be specific records of any workmen in the area.

DB has not been officially interviewed since she Publicly said she was drunk.

I'm sorry I just totally disagree. To me is is not being willing to help find your daughter. Go in sit down with LE take your attorney, who ever else you want, but don't come out until the smoke has cleared and let LE move past you and find your child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if they never move past and they are innocent?

Is Websleuths Radio MSM? I vote "yes"! Just noticed the new banner at the top of the page that Jim Spellman will be on the show this Sunday.

Nice work securing him! Should be very interesting...

What if they never move past and they are innocent?

What if they could move past them and maybe even find the answer that would point them in the right direction if they would only do what LE is asking?

I think I am on the fence now. I was heavy toward blaming the parents, but then I remembered something.

Years ago I was interrogated for a crime, that I had nothing to do with, nor any knowledge of the events. I was basically at the wrong place, at the wrong time. I barely knew the people that ended up in jail. Like I had just met them a couple of days prior. No idea what kind of people they were. Anyhow...during the interrogation, they pointed fingers at me, even saying they knew that I was lying.

So if my child were to go missing, I would be frantic, freaked out...whatever! I would be on every news station, and not picking and choosing how I got the word out.

However, I might not do a lie detector test, and I MIGHT feel the same way about talking to the police. At least I wouldn't let them "interrogate" me. I would give them the information they needed, but an interrogation is not going to help get my child home. They only want to pin the blame on someone. The cops are trying to get a confession. That is what they do.

DB, JI, or any of them could be guilty. Or they could be innocent. We don't know. The changing stories, seem to me that she is guilty, but on the otherhand, if she really were drunk, maybe she just doesn't know.

I am trying to look at this from their perspective today. If they are innocent, they are going through hell. To have everyone against them, is also hell. Those things together, would be horrific!

I'm not saying they are innocent, and I do have my doubts, but what if they are? I feel like (at least for me), I have been so unfair in my judging them.

Family attorney Picerno holding a press conference at 11 today with Fox 4 news? Any confirmation of this?

ETA: Here's confirmation: http://twitter.com/#!/Katie_Ferrell

Katie_Ferrell Katie Ferrell
Irwin family attorney John Picerno holding press conference at 11. I'll be there tweeting updates, more on Fox 4 News at noon. #BabyLisa
17 minutes ago

Oh, and one more thing...If I were being accused of a crime, I would also lawyer up. It does nothing for the investigation, to be only focused on a confession. There is a baby missing!

Happy 1st Birthday Lisa!!

I think I am on the fence now. I was heavy toward blaming the parents, but then I remembered something.

Years ago I was interrogated for a crime, that I had nothing to do with, nor any knowledge of the events. I was basically at the wrong place, at the wrong time. I barely knew the people that ended up in jail. Like I had just met them a couple of days prior. No idea what kind of people they were. Anyhow...during the interrogation, they pointed fingers at me, even saying they knew that I was lying.

So if my child were to go missing, I would be frantic, freaked out...whatever! I would be on every news station, and not picking and choosing how I got the word out.
However, I might not do a lie detector test, and I MIGHT feel the same way about talking to the police. At least I wouldn't let them "interrogate" me. I would give them the information they needed, but an interrogation is not going to help get my child home. They only want to pin the blame on someone. The cops are trying to get a confession. That is what they do.

DB, JI, or any of them could be guilty. Or they could be innocent. We don't know. The changing stories, seem to me that she is guilty, but on the otherhand, if she really were drunk, maybe she just doesn't know.

I am trying to look at this from their perspective today. If they are innocent, they are going through hell. To have everyone against them, is also hell. Those things together, would be horrific!

I'm not saying they are innocent, and I do have my doubts, but what if they are? I feel like (at least for me), I have been so unfair in my judging them.

But even this isn't happening...

It could also be said that if it were a stranger abduction and this stranger took this child home or gave the baby for someone else to take home, that someone would notice a new baby in the house, especially one that is almost a year old (at the time of abduction). Someone, friend, family member, neighbor would notice a new child to the household. No one has come forward with that information either.

That assumes a lot about the public though, imo. I'm following this case closely enough to know about Lisa's birthmark and to know her face. Others in my area may only recall her in a general way. If it were local, the chances would be greater that someone would notice a new baby to the household & take a closer look. But if it were much further away, maybe not so much. Especially if the child showed up in the home of a decent, law abiding, respectable family.

One of my neighbor families does foster care. They're (by all appearances) a wonderful family. They've had several children in their care over the years, for short periods of time, some longer. I never suspected once that any of the children were 'abducted'. (they did adopt 3 of the children)

Crystal Anzaldi. Taken at 14 months old...spent 7 years in Puerto Rico until she was found & returned to California. I'm sure no one in Puerto Rico connected that baby to the missing child in California, kwim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member