Found Deceased MT - Amy Harding-Permann, 34, Great Falls, 26 Jan 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://www.greatfallstribune.com/s...arching-missing-great-falls-woman/4586788002/

At a Monday afternoon news conference, Cascade County Sheriff Jesse Slaughter said deputies responded to a 911 call from the residence at 8:19 p.m. for a report of a disturbance.

Upon arriving about 10 minutes later, law enforcement contacted the caller, John VanGilder. He stated that Harding, his girlfriend, had assaulted him and fled before deputies arrived on the scene.
<Snipped by me for focus>
[...]

Another unfortunate aspect of this is that Amy, if found, is at risk of losing her RN license due to an assault charge.
At the very least, she will likely lose her job and will have to go before the Nursing Board.

Another unfortunate aspect of this is that Amy, if found, is at risk of losing her RN license due to an assault charge.
At the very least, she will likely lose her job and will have to go before the Nursing Board.

Assault. Usually leaves visible marks on a victim, that the assault adequately explains...

So she was last seen at 8:30 pm last night and no trace. I’m hoping she’s hiding out somewhere. The only reason I don’t really think she fell in the river is because it was earlier in the evening. Usually when we hear of people ending up in rivers is when they leave places extremely intoxicated at 1:00 am and later. Not to say it’s not possible. Was she drunk when assaulting her bf?

Also, when leaving the residence in only a long sleeve t-shirt and yoga pants, why wasn’t there an alert earlier than 2am? I’d understand waiting to report if she left in a car or something, but on foot in an isolated area? Something sounds fishy... IMO

“Assault” marks could have been made in self defense.

And random... after looking at her fb page it seems the boyfriend (who could be her dad with their age difference) only likes to wear one shirt.

IMHO

Weather conditions.

8:53 pm
wt-14.png
37 °F Passing clouds.
7:53 pm
wt-14.png
39 °F Passing clouds.

Past Weather in Great Falls, Montana, USA — Yesterday or Further Back
Adding to weather conditions:

Search continues for Amy Harding-Permann
Sheriff Slaughter said that search crews were called out quickly because Harding was not dressed for the weather; temperatures at the time were in the 30s, with wind-chills below freezing.

“Assault” marks could have been made in self defense.

And random... after looking at her fb page it seems the boyfriend (who could be her dad with their age difference) only likes to wear one shirt.

IMHO

My guess is that there are physical marks on the boyfriend. To me, it is odd that LE has revealed that an attack occurred by Amy prior to her disappearance.

Speaking generally, evidence of an assault on a person such as scratches, bruises etc, can be defensive as that person is protecting themselves.

Alternatively, they can be made on a person, while that person is attacking someone.

So she was last seen at 8:30 pm last night and no trace. I’m hoping she’s hiding out somewhere. The only reason I don’t really think she fell in the river is because it was earlier in the evening. Usually when we hear of people ending up in rivers is when they leave places extremely intoxicated at 1:00 am and later. Not to say it’s not possible. Was she drunk when assaulting her bf?

Also, when leaving the residence in only a long sleeve t-shirt and yoga pants, why wasn’t there an alert earlier than 2am? I’d understand waiting to report if she left in a car or something, but on foot in an isolated area? Something sounds fishy... IMO

Where are you getting 2 am?

He reported her missing at 8:30 pm.

Last edited:
Cascade County Sheriff: Missing Great Falls woman is Benefis OR nurse

c50315f0-208d-4cda-91ab-8f9b81e4b75f-01272020_Amy_Harding_Search-C.jpg

At a Monday afternoon news conference, Cascade County Sheriff Jesse Slaughter said deputies responded to a 911 call from the residence at 8:19 p.m. for a report of a disturbance.

Upon arriving about 10 minutes later, law enforcement contacted the caller, John VanGilder. He stated that Harding, his girlfriend, had assaulted him and fled before deputies arrived on the scene.

[...]

Will be interesting to find out when someone other than the boyfriend saw Amy, or had a phone call with her. This could be a day or more if her child was with the father.

That is an impressive house with amazing view off the bluff. High end houses typically have security systems with cameras. I wonder if the cameras, if any, happened to be functional on the weekend.

She's awfully petite. I wonder if she was chasing after him with a sledgehammer or a chef's knife. Must have been something awful for him to call the police. I mean, she is half his size.

8000 sq.ft. home is quit a home. I wonder if it is her home. It looks like she lives on a side branch of the river not the river itself. It would be slower moving & more likely frozen over.
I had the same thought. Nurses can make good money but that home last sold for 1.1 MILLION. A check of records lists the boyfriend as the current owner of the house (www.beenverified.com)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kudo-magician179
Back