MT MT - Arden Pepion, 3, Blackfeet Reservation, 22 Apr 2021 *Reward* *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very little in the way of updates so far today. I believe some of the locals who were out on horseback were unable to resume searches today because of work but there is still some activity.

There are some interesting comments on social media if anyone cares to check them out. Still unclear where exactly she went missing from (as in precise location) and who she was with at the time.

Very little in the way of updates so far today. I believe some of the locals who were out on horseback were unable to resume searches today because of work but there is still some activity.

There are some interesting comments on social media if anyone cares to check them out. Still unclear where exactly she went missing from (as in precise location) and who she was with at the time.
Hint as to where comments can be found please?

IMO: Very sad situation. That community is... interesting. I lived in Montana and worked at the only hospital close to the Blackfeet reservation.
I imagine they searched (as a community) immediately upon discovering the child's disappearance, so the delay in law enforcement notification is probably not that concerning.
This is so sad. I always feel so awful in situations like these. Even if there is nothing nefarious, there is always someone who blames someone for something.

Updated 12:29 AM, Apr 27, 2021

At this point, authorities have no indication that Arden was abducted, and are continuing to investigate the circumstances of her disappearance.

Since then, search and rescue personnel have been working around the clock to find the little girl and bring her body home.

“We’ve had some helicopters, drones and things of that nature, divers.” said Blackfeet Nation public information officer James McNeely. “The focus is the river right now.”

Over the weekend, Bureau of Indian Affairs and irrigation officials redirected river water from the Two Medicine into an irrigation ditch to lower water levels and assist searchers.

“It did divert quite a bit of water and that diversion is about 5-6 miles west of where they're looking so it did help some today (Monday),” he said.

Soldiers and airmen from the Montana National Guard arrived Monday night, bringing more manpower and resources.

“The bad thing about that area is the lack of cell service and radio transmission,” said McNeely. “So we're hoping to get that up within the next day or two so we can have better reception for everyone.”

Volunteers have set up a "cook shack" for search personnel to get hot food and beverages, thanks to community donations.

https://www.krtv.com/news/montana-a...ph9Ipgo64iAEVoV_su8Womizr-iR0IA8L5p0QHE9xrJCE

Last edited:
Soooooooo.....hmmmm. I must need to re read some early media on this because I am so confused right now and I’m terrified of typing the questions I have so I’m sitting on my hands. Moo
Exactly---my hands went numb from sitting on them....we really need some clarification on who was watching her and where they were...:confused:

Just my opinion, but I thought they went into "recovery mode" waaaaay soon on this case. They said it was due to the weather but what if someone kidnapped her and she's being held someplace? Unfortunately I don't believe that's the case. Could it be considered a recovery but not necessarily because of the element/weather, but from other evidence obtained and not shared???

Just my opinion, but I thought they went into "recovery mode" waaaaay soon on this case. They said it was due to the weather but what if someone kidnapped her and she's being held someplace? Unfortunately I don't believe that's the case. Could it be considered a recovery but not necessarily because of the element/weather, but from other evidence obtained and not shared???
It felt like that to me as well, Flamingo. But my own suspicion and amateur speculation leads me to believe LE is holding everything they know close to the vest. I am praying that’s the case and sadly, I do think this will be a recovery vs a rescue ultimately.
What a beautiful child, I pray she is at peace if no longer with us.

I agree....and disagree. I think if I were out by the river with a small child and I turned around and they were GONE...as supposedly happened in this case...then I would know they were in the river.

I hope there is nothing nefarious happening in this case, and if there isn't...then this all makes sense.

The complexity of crimes on Indian reservations is byzantine. A maze of coordination or rather "dys-mis-coordination" between BIA, police and FBI. Felonies are under jurisdiction of FBI, so they are probably coordinating the investigation, if there is a suspicion of a crime here.

Ohhhhh, so maybe one of Arden's relatives is reported as missing too?

That's both weird and interesting....

He was last seen on the 28th March, but wasn't reported missing until the 27th April? That's a whole month!! I wonder why the delay?
CHEROKEE, NC- The Cherokee Indian Police Department is looking for James Pepion, a 40-year-old American Indian male, who was reported missing on Tuesday, April 27, 2021.

NC - NC - James Pepion, 40, Cherokee, 28 Mar 2021

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces