MT MT - Arden Pepion, 3, Blackfeet Reservation, 22 Apr 2021 *Reward* *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Arden's uncle and his girlfriend have been charged in the case.

BROWNING, Mont. - Missing 3-year-old Arden Pepion’s uncle, HaHaax Vielle, and his girlfriend, Kimberly Higgins have been charged in connection with her disappearance.

According to the Blackfeet Tribal Prosecutors Office (BTPO), Vielle was charged with negligent endangerment and child endangerment and Higgins was charged with accountability.

More at Two charged in connection with disappearance of 3-year-old Arden Pepion
Good---that's a start.

BROWNING, Mont. - Missing 3-year-old Arden Pepion’s uncle, HaHaax Vielle, and his girlfriend, Kimberly Higgins have been charged in connection with her disappearance.

According to the Blackfeet Tribal Prosecutors Office (BTPO), Vielle was charged with negligent endangerment and child endangerment and Higgins was charged with accountability.

This is great news. I hope this gives law enforcement some probable cause to do a thorough search and investigation on their property.

Good!

^(+⁰
This is great news. I hope this gives law enforcement some probable cause to do a thorough search and investigation on their property.

Yes. And it is interesting to see this development. Unusual for Browning. Charged with misdemeanors. Now, the FBI can investigate for felonies.

Looks like some things are changing up there.

Oh about blimmin time too! Are we allowed to sleuth them now they’ve been named? I have things to say. Many things to say.
Please do! Happy to see the charges, it's a start. If nothing else is found that indicates foul play, at least they will face charges of some sort!! More than I can say in so many other cases!

Oh about blimmin time too! Are we allowed to sleuth them now they’ve been named? I have things to say. Many things to say.

Mod Note:
Yes - the Uncle and Girlfriend that have been charged in connection with the disappearance may now be sleuthed.
Just be sure it stays within TOS and include links for facts.

For the LONGEST time it has been extremely hard to figure out exactly what is happening in this case.
Obviously it is bizarre that the uncle took a young child into the woods....to practice shooting...in unsafe weather conditions...after dark- per his own report. This makes no sense to me, whatsoever. This is a child who was reportedly supposed to be in the custody of another family member for their own safety?

Two charged in connection with disappearance of 3-year-old Arden Pepion

The heartbreaking part of this case is that little Ardie was supposed to be protected by her family.

HV is repeatedly described as Arden’s uncle in news reports but he is more accurately the partner / boyfriend of Arden’s aunt, KH.

Official public FB page for Arden:
Facebook Groups
Thanks for all the links Beans.

Both Vielle and Higgins have posted bail and Wednesday they plead not guilty to all charges.

A trial date has been set for Sept 15 in Browning.

If convicted, the max sentence for a negligent endangerment charge is nine months in jail and up to 15 days for the child neglect charge.

An accountability charge carries up to a maximum of one year of incarceration.

Two charged in connection with disappearance of 3-year-old Arden Pepion

The sentence Vielle is facing if found guilty is far too low. A child lost her life ... have the stated charges been simplified in this story, or is it because they have not found her body yet?

For example in California - Penal Code 273a PC - Child Endangerment - California Law

JUL 23, 2021
Arden Pepion missing girl case escalated to federal level | Montana News | montanarightnow.com
The case of a missing girl on Montana's Blackfeet Reservation has been escalated to the U.S. Department of Justice for further investigation.

[...]

Earlier this week, Lydia Lerma, a family advocate, was contacted by Arbana Pepion, Arden’s mother, hoping Lerma’s foundation could connect her with resources to further investigate the case.

[...]

On Thursday, Lerma reported to the Missoulian she received confirmation Arden’s case is in the hands of federal agents. The unit chief of the task force, Marcelino Toersbigns, told Lerma the case had reached "the highest levels in Washington, D.C."

[...]

First post here. Does having federal agents involved mean that there will be searches again? I've seen the pictures of elderly people and the parents wading in the river and trekking up and down hills on Facebook and it breaks my heart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back