GUILTY MT - Cody Johnson, 25, pushed off cliff, Glacier Nat'l Park, 7 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
she knew there was no way she was getting off. Too bad his family had to go through with the trial.

I understand why pleas happen but it doesn't make it any easier to accept.

Glad it was a murder chanrge and not manslaughter or negligent homicide. She shoudl get substantial time.

holy smoke, i just saw that.

what a lunatic, i didnt follow this that closely but it sounded like she did it on purpose and i would say this surely confirms that.

what a shame.

I am guessing that she got spooked and agreed to the plea deal... She is so guilty or she wouldn't have taken the deal...Sociopath

she knew there was no way she was getting off. Too bad his family had to go through with the trial.

Glad it was a murder chanrge and not manslaughter or negligent homicide. She shoudl get substantial time.

You are exactly right ....She knew they would convict her and decided to go for the lesser degree

I still just want to know what in the hell is wrong with her. Why did she have friends, a husband, a relatively normal looking life if she was so crazy? How does this happen?

Yes, too bad his Family and Friends had to go through the trial before she pled.

She must of "second guessed" herself again.

Well, I guess I should have waited a while before changing the title. The judge can say 'no,' per the article above. I highly doubt it though.

JMHO
fran

I still just want to know what in the hell is wrong with her. Why did she have friends, a husband, a relatively normal looking life if she was so crazy? How does this happen? I assumed she had a temporary insanity moment based on my own perceptions. One of the worst fights I ever had was on my honeymoon. I blame severe jet lag, homesickness and the anticlimactic after wedding blues. But after reading that she wanted to "surprise" him I get the feeling her sickness is more permanent.

Montana newlywed murder case: Jordan Graham pleads guilty to second-degree murder

A newlywed bride accused of deliberately pushing her husband to his death in Montana’s Glacier National Park has agreed to plead guilty to second-degree murder.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/vi...ree-murder?odyssey=mod|breaking|img|Frontpage

:bump:

"News of the plea deal for Jordan Graham, 22, came as a jury was set to hear closing arguments in her murder trial. A judge is still deciding whether to accept the agreement."

"Under the plea deal, prosecutors would drop charges of first-degree murder and making false statements. Graham would face a maximum sentence of life in prison."

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/vi...ree-murder?odyssey=mod|breaking|img|Frontpage

I'm not surprised. All the legal analysts said that a 1st degree murder conviction was going to be nearly impossible, but a 2nd degree was highly likely. This way she gets some say in the sentence, and the prosecution doesn't have to risk a hung jury (as we all know, juries are notoriously unwilling to convict young pretty women). So while its not 1st degree which I think she deserved, at least it's something. SHe probably got a good offer of limited jail time. Per Wikipedia ( take that as you will) there doesn't seem to be a mandatory min or max, 19-25 years with a clean record is the guideline, but any term of years is allowable. There is no federal parole they say.

However, googling it, I've found cases with a sentence as little at 36 months in some cases for federal/2nd degree.

That would be a travesty.

I'm not sure why there's the wait until she's sentenced. Guess the judge just has to go over it in his mind and the laws?

fran

She plead guilty to 2nd Degree Murder right before it went to Jury.... Plea deal... Wow!!!
Wow! Just got here and saw the title, I'm shocked! Never thought this <mod snip> would confess to her crimes. I wonder why only 2nd degree, when it seems premeditated with the blindfold and telling friends if she didn't text back that something happened, and that she had a "surprise" for him. Wonder what her motive was???
Oh, and the song lyrics she had commissioned about " climbing for a higher view" and "you're my safe place to fall"!!!

Wow! Just got here and saw the title, I'm shocked! Never thought this <mod snip> would confess to her crimes. I wonder why only 2nd degree, when it seems premeditated with the blindfold and telling friends if she didn't text back that something happened, and that she had a "surprise" for him. Wonder what her motive was???

I wonder about the motive too..... What did she gain from it?

I wonder about the motive too..... What did she gain from it?

That's what I keep asking. For some reason, she felt FORCED to marry him. What would a relatively pretty and young girl feel trapped like this? Why didn't she think she could break off the engagement?

That's what I keep asking. For some reason, she felt FORCED to marry him. What would a relatively pretty and young girl feel trapped like this? Why didn't she think she could break off the engagement?
I get the impression she got married for all the wrong reasons. Here was a guy who was infatuated with her, and she saw an opportunity to be a bridezilla and get her dream wedding- she just didn't think too hard about whether she loved him or not.
An annulment would have been a much better way to go. Not only did she ruin his life and his family/friends, but she will have no life either. Guess she thought she was so smart she wouldn't get caught!
Was there a pregnancy scare we didn't know about?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finch5800
Back