GUILTY MT - Cody Johnson, 25, pushed off cliff, Glacier Nat'l Park, 7 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
y'all are trying to be rational in here about her motive (and me too, why why why?), but she was mentally ill. Had to be - mentally healthy people don't kill other people. So we can't find a logical motive - this was not rational. all IMO.

y'all are trying to be rational in here about her motive (and me too, why why why?), but she was mentally ill. Had to be - mentally healthy people don't kill other people. So we can't find a logical motive - this was not rational. all IMO.

I get what you're saying. It seems she hid this sickness very well since she had friends and snagged a cute husband.

I get the impression she got married for all the wrong reasons. Here was a guy who was infatuated with her, and she saw an opportunity to be a bridezilla and get her dream wedding- she just didn't think too hard about whether she loved him or not.
An annulment would have been a much better way to go. Not only did she ruin his life and his family/friends, but she will have no life either. Guess she thought she was so smart she wouldn't get caught!
Was there a pregnancy scare we didn't know about?

You're probably right. The chance to be a princess for a day is very alluring to girls. She was just so young - she could have held out for someone she loved. I was a 30 year old princess myself. She sounds very immature and had no business making that kind of decision.

Nancy Grace: Bride set to walk free on sweetheart plea deal?

What is a sweetheart deal?

She sure does love to use that word doesn't she? Sweetheart deal; meaning the pleading out on 2nd Degree. These past two years her show changed SO much after the Duckett incident, imo and then TOT MOm fiasco..omg. I totally lost respect for her; when she started attacking her own guests. It's not good Television; it's just Rude and horrific. Why do people even watch; are her ratings down yet? How can she out live CTV?

She sure does love to use that word doesn't she? Sweetheart deal; meaning the pleading out on 2nd Degree. These past two years her show changed SO much after the Duckett incident, imo and then TOT MOm fiasco..omg. I totally lost respect for her; when she started attacking her own guests. It's not good Television; it's just Rude and horrific. Why do people even watch; are her ratings down yet? How can she out live CTV?

Thanks, Cherry. :)

You're right, Nancy has changed since the Duckett incident. I like her, though, because her heart is in the right place. IMO the rudeness, etc., is just part of the role HLN wants her to play .... they all have a touch of Jerry Springer in their shows .... the public eats it up. The dumbing down of America. I, myself, don't like it very much. Wish Beth would have been added on a major network as she's the best! :seeya:

Just read. Very glad she will not be free. She ruined so many lives, she doesn't deserve to be free.

I get what you're saying. It seems she hid this sickness very well since she had friends and snagged a cute husband.

also, was a nanny to 2 kids for 5 years. Although I do not believe she is mentally ill. I heard she lived a sheltered life and very religious and not real comfortable around people she didn't know, but that doesn't add up to mental illness. She wanted the wedding, attention, but not the marriage.

Thanks, Cherry. :)

You're right, Nancy has changed since the Duckett incident. I like her, though, because her heart is in the right place. IMO the rudeness, etc., is just part of the role HLN wants her to play .... they all have a touch of Jerry Springer in their shows .... the public eats it up. The dumbing down of America. I, myself, don't like it very much. Wish Beth would have been added on a major network as she's the best! :seeya:

I love Nancy, love when she picks on the defense attorneys, and verbally spars with Taffee and puts him in his dumb place. However, she better knock off picking on defense att. Mr. <modsnip> Peter Odom(married to Eleanor Odom) she'll get a snarky email from me soon.:twocents:

Here we go again, making excuses. Where was she found to be mentally ill? Oh she wanted to be a princess, oh this or that. How about she is selfish and evil. We so desperately want to understand why. She pushed him over a cliff and left him there, then comes back and look everyone I found him. Evil! Jmo

Ciao

Wow! Just got here and saw the title, I'm shocked! Never thought this <mod snip> would confess to her crimes. I wonder why only 2nd degree, when it seems premeditated with the blindfold and telling friends if she didn't text back that something happened, and that she had a "surprise" for him. Wonder what her motive was???
Oh, and the song lyrics she had commissioned about " climbing for a higher view" and "you're my safe place to fall"!!!

I truly believe she's still lying and that this was pre-meditated. Why on earth go to the edge of a cliff like that if there wasn't ill will and intention to do harm.:moo:

They went over a retaining wall along the Going-to-the-Sun Road and climbed down a rocky, steep slope to the edge of a cliff and a steep drop of a couple hundred feet to a ravine. http://www.greatfallstribune.com/vi...e-murder?odyssey=mod|breaking|img|Frontpagene.

That's what I keep asking. For some reason, she felt FORCED to marry him. What would a relatively pretty and young girl feel trapped like this? Why didn't she think she could break off the engagement?

I'm thinking that maybe she's just one of those spoiled, pretentious, brats that go through life always getting their way and thinking they know-it-all, and can never admit when they're wrong. Once she got into the engagement and then the marriage, even harder to admit. Ego, Pride.... as they say, it goeth before a fall. :facepalm:

You know; I have to agree; she isn't mentally ill. the thing about murder that most people don't realize; is that they look just like you and me. We don't have to be "insane or sick" to murder. Humans murder. We have since the dawn of time. We use it as a "way out" when cornered. That's what this one has done IMO. I know that ppl want to see the good in others. But the fact is, we are all human. We ALL have the capacity to murder. Its in our genes. And long ago it IS how we solved a "problem". I don't think her upbringing her shyness or any of it is an excuse for what she did. Because, her crime was horrific. I hope that the judge doesn't buy into any of that nonsense and gives her LWOP. If not she should at least get 40 yrs no less.

It always amazes me when people say OH NO how could this happen here? How could "they" do that? But I know them, they are a good person, etc etc. Or; she doesn't LOOK like a killer, does she? *that one just kills me* We ALL have the capacity. But we don't all use it. I believe this was her way out. Now; how she got from A to B THAT is what I love about human behavior, how did she get from A to B. She could have left while he was at work and left him a note. So simple. Annulment. But instead she chose violence, she chose the path of the rest of her life. And quite coldly I might add.
There isn't any mental illness involved. Just Choices. *jmo*

I will hope for life or a hard 40. She deserves every single minute of it.

You're probably right. The chance to be a princess for a day is very alluring to girls. She was just so young - she could have held out for someone she loved. I was a 30 year old princess myself. She sounds very immature and had no business making that kind of decision.
Yeah, it was literally just for that one day...
No more Cody to worship her.

* Bumping for Cody *

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/prosecutors-recommend-life-sentence-bride-22976575

"Through her actions, including the murder of Cody and conduct that followed, the defendant has demonstrated that she is extremely dangerous, predatory and an unrepentant murderer," he wrote..."

".. If Graham "was a cold-blooded killer, she could have left Mr. Johnson at the bottom of that ravine. He would have likely never been found," Donahoe wrote...."

Well excuse me. "..IF Graham was a cold-blooded killer..."
I think the finding of Cody's body was part of her plan to show how it was all "an accident".
Not buying it. Wish she'd get the max.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member