GUILTY MT - Cody Johnson, 25, pushed off cliff, Glacier Nat'l Park, 7 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MaybeNotToday, this is the only thread here for Cody. It hasn't gathered much attention at WS for some reason. If it starts to pick up we may move it to the Discussion forum. And if it goes to trial it will be moved over to the Trials area. But we like to keep cases to one thread each. Tends to make it easier on people to find information and discuss things. :)

Kalispell newlywed charged with murder

A Kalispell woman accused of pushing her husband off a cliff in Glacier National Park has been officially charged with murder.

The grand jury indictment came down late this Thursday afternoon.

http://www.kpax.com/news/kalispell-newlywed-charged-with-murder/

Complete charging documents - http://www.kpax.com/files/GrahamIndictment1003.pdf

wildabouttrial.com is reporting Jordan Linn Graham will be arraigned on murder charges:

HELENA, Mont. (AP) — A newlywed bride accused of pushing her husband off a cliff to his death in Glacier National Park after having second thoughts about her marriage is scheduled to be arraigned Friday on murder charges.

Jordan Linn Graham, 22, will appear in U.S. District Court in Missoula on a new federal grand jury indictment charging her with first-degree murder, second-degree murder and making a false statement about the death of Cody Lee Johnson.

The first-degree murder charge carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison upon conviction.

Kalispell newlywed pleads not guilty to murdering husband

The Kalispell woman who is accused of pushing her husband off a cliff in Glacier National Park has pleaded not guilty to murder charges in a Missoula courtroom.

[snip]

A grand jury handed down an indictment late Thursday afternoon, charging Graham with first degree murder, second degree murder and for making a false statement.

http://www.kpax.com/news/kalispell-newlywed-pleads-not-guilty-to-murdering-husband/#_

usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/15/20978210-december-murder-trial-set-for-montana-newlywed-charged-in-husbands-fatal-fall-from-cliff?lite

"...Johnson wasn't seen again until Graham herself reported having found his body late on July 11 below a viewing area known as the Loop in Glacier National Park on the U.S.-Canada border, according to an FBI affidavit.
That part of the park is extremely steep and rocky — so much so that it took a helicopter and rescue team from Canada to recover the body...." end quote.

This just makes me so furious. I want justice for this young man !!!!

Did the husband die on the Montana side or the Canadian side? I was looking at the paths that neesaki posted and those cliffs sure did look steep. I am embarrassed to say I have never been to any of the parks out west. Are the paths single file or double? IMO I think she pushed him without there even being a fight. I think he was blindsided and never saw it coming. I will never be able to fathom how so many like her fail to value human life and are so selfish to never give their actions a second thought. JMV

Oh I bet she's been nuts for a while, but friends and family wrote it off as 'eccentricity'.

New documents released in Graham murder trial

Nearly 100 pages of court documents unsealed by a judge reveal that prosecutors have a lengthy electronic trail of evidence to use in their case against Jordan Graham, who is charged with pushing her husband Cody Johnson off a cliff to his death at Glacier National Park in July.

[snip]

Graham's trial is scheduled to begin on December 9th.

http://www.krtv.com/news/new-documents-released-in-graham-murder-trial/

*Bumping for Cody *

abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/newlywed-murder-trial-victim-allegedly-blindfolded-20849538

"...... premeditation may be proved because the government now believes jordan placed a blindfold on cody before pushing him off the ledge sflp the most important part of the blindfold is the context that it got on cody's face, if it was there......" end quote
Transcript from the video.

Just keeps getting worse, imo. What --- did she tell him she had some sort of "surprise" or gift for him, then shoved him off ??

Sorry, I have zero compassion for this Ms. Graham. :(

MOO

I have to wonder if this latest accusation is even true? I read one report which said they found a "piece" of material?

What do you all think? I think I know what you all think actually, :)

Didn't she say originally (I'm behind on this case so forgive me if I get the facts wrong here), but didn't she say originally they had been arguing?

IF indeed, there was a blindfold, perhaps the arguing centered around "trust", and then he'd go for it and allow her to blindfold him. Otherwise, it makes no sense why he would allow her to do this.

This case fascinates me. If it was an accidental death- even pushing him in a fight but not meaning to kill him- she didn't seem very sad about it. Maybe her emotions are always kind of muted, but something is off.

Did the husband die on the Montana side or the Canadian side? I was looking at the paths that neesaki posted and those cliffs sure did look steep. I am embarrassed to say I have never been to any of the parks out west. Are the paths single file or double? IMO I think she pushed him without there even being a fight. I think he was blindsided and never saw it coming. I will never be able to fathom how so many like her fail to value human life and are so selfish to never give their actions a second thought. JMV

The loop is on the Montana side. Been there and have pictures, there are places that are so steep that I'm afraid to even get too close to the viewing areas.

I have to wonder if this latest accusation is even true? I read one report which said they found a "piece" of material?

Didn't she say originally (I'm behind on this case so forgive me if I get the facts wrong here), but didn't she say originally they had been arguing?

IF indeed, there was a blindfold, perhaps the arguing centered around "trust", and then he'd go for it and allow her to blindfold him. Otherwise, it makes no sense why he would allow her to do this.

Maybe he reached out to grab her before he fell and ripped off a piece of her clothing to keep from falling.

When I was in middle school, we took a class trip to a hiking trail. We were told to hold on to the persons shoulder in front of us and close our eyes. It was supposed to be some kind of trust exercise. When I read about the blindfold thing, that was the first thing I thought of. Why else would you wear blindfolds on a hike?
Doesn't seem like a very romantic honeymoon activity though does it?

Are we sure it was a blindfold and not just a bandana or something? Sorry I did not read about it so am not sure. But actually blindfold and hiking does sound kind of fun and romantic to me, but I'm probably just kind of weird. LOL

Are we sure it was a blindfold and not just a bandana or something? Sorry I did not read about it so am not sure. But actually blindfold and hiking does sound kind of fun and romantic to me, but I'm probably just kind of weird. LOL

I thought the same thing. If it was a bandana, how would they not rule out that it was around his neck? Maybe it's a true blindfold?

I'll bet she did blindfold him, saying "trust me". She had a song lyric written for their wedding with the words, "You're my safe place to fall". I think she probably set him up before they ever got married. His best friend was suspicious of her prior to the wedding!!
I'm not so sure there was an argument, this is all her story.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finch5800
Back