MT MT - Jason Reynolds, 17, Billings, 1 Jun 1993

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe the note predated this particular concert and he was keeping hold of it so he would have the phone number?

If it's a clean/recovery group, maybe a third party gave him the phone numbers so he could contact them about a drug-free place to stay at the concerts?

Welcome back, Shawn / Trying2id! Glad to see you back! I have a strong suspicion that the note was from Wharf Rat Caroline Thomas and that it was not necessarily from the DC concerts or written to Grateful Doe. I also feel very strongly that the little picture on the note was not intended to be a picture of Jerry Garcia; it looks like a girl. In any event, I don't think that "clue" gets us anywhere.

Helper,
I agree. I think the note came from Caroline Thomas and could have been another concert. I also think the picture is a girl, always have. Look at the eyelashes. I also agree it probably doesn't get us anywhere.

I have worked in photo labs for years. IMOO the highschool picture of Jason was the case of a flipped negative during printing. I could be wrong, but in any case I flipped it the way I believe it's supposed to be, and put the pictures side by side again. I hope this is okay, I've never posted on this thread but have been lurking for several days now. Awesome detective work on everyone's parts!

Attachments

• doe-reynolds.jpg
    doe-reynolds.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 276
I strongly believe that Jason Reynolds is a match for our Jason Doe. This makes me think that the letter in his pocket was written to him. I hate to think this but I am wondering if the author of the note was supposed to take Jason home from the show. Could they have later learned of his demise? Could this be why she is hesitant to come forward? Could she feel some sort of guilt for what eventually transpired? Of course, she cannot be blamed for the accident in any way. But, maybe she has let herself believe that she is somewhat responsible. Could this grief be what has prevented her from coming forward to offer any help? Just my rambled thoughts.

Anyone have thoughts as to why his one eyelid is droopy? Both of his eyes are lidded, but the one's more wonky then the other...

My ex-husband had Bell's palsy due to high fever when he was a child. One of his eyelids drooped this way. Wonder if that could be the case here?

I don't think his eyelid is wonky. It might be possible that he wore glasses and didn't want to wear them for the photo. therefore, he wouldn't be able to tell where to look into the camera and may have been looking downwards.

Anyone have thoughts as to why his one eyelid is droopy? Both of his eyes are lidded, but the one's more wonky then the other...

Spouse has severe lazy eye and when he's tired, his eyelid droops like this.

Bell's Palsy is another possibility. Or it might just be the way he looks.

Hi Everyone,

I noticed the eye too and flipped the picture just like theissueathand did. Its a better match that way. If this is our Jason, I definitely think it was a case of flipped negative.

I have one eye that is 'droopy' compared to the other one, so does both of my sons. You really don't notice it except in pictures. RKnowley, I think you make a great point about the glasses, he does look like he normally wears glasses. He may have taken them off for his picture. Photographer might have asked him to take them off. I remember when I had my high school senior portrait done (long time ago), the photographer made me tilt my glasses to avoid the flash reflecting off them. Picture turned out terrible, I looked like a goober with my glasses like that.

Scaredtopost, I had thought about the possibility Caroline felt responsible and didn't come forward too, but figured I was just being too critical of people. I tend to do that. I would hope even if that Caroline was suppose to be his ride, she would still come forward. It would be kinda selfish to not come forward and try to help.

I really think its a huge possibility Jason Reynolds is our Jason.

This is the most promising lead this case has seen in a while. I really hope we can identify this guy so everyone can have closure.

I wish we knew more about Jason Reynolds though. His case hasn't been publicized much. He was a dropout with a history of running away, so I guess he just took off? Did his sister know if he liked the Grateful Dead? What were the circumstances around his disappearance--was it something like "gee, we haven't heard from Jason since June and none of his friends have either," or was there suspicion of foul play? I will say, though, he looks a lot like Jason Doe.

wow! this really does look like a possible match for the John Doe! I really hope that it is so he can rest in peace and have a name. great detective work! I have been following this case since i saw it on "Unsolved Mysteries", and have hope for it to be solved ever since!

"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand - says don't you see???
got to make it somehow - all the dreams you still believe
Don't give it up - got an empty cup - only love can fill" GD lyrics to comes a time

All you sleuthers are awesome - please don't give up on our brother Jason - PEACE

I just showed the side by sides to my daughter, she is an artist who paints a lot of portraits and she is convinced that they are one and the same, going on facial features.
I so hope that this submission is the break in this case

If Jason Reynolds is our Jason Doe, I wonder what he had been doing the 2 years before the auto accident? I can only hope he was out having fun and doing all the things he enjoyed in life.

Aphra, I also wish we knew a bit more about Jason Reynolds life. I wonder when his family made the move from Ohio to Montana...was it later in Jason's life and perhaps he ran away from home to return to Ohio where his friend's were? Why exactly did he run away? Was he in search of his biological parents? Was he unhappy at home for reasons we don't know about (not that this has anything to with Jason Reynolds being our Jason). I guess I am just hoping that whatever answers he was seeking he was able to find. I do agree that Jason Reynolds does look a great deal like our Jason, I just don't want to get my hopes up to high and have it turn out that he is not one and the same...I guess the one thing that concerns me most is that someone tried to access Jason Reynolds bank account in 2001 in Ohio (where Jason was adopted out from). I know an investigation was done and nothing became of it, but, it still concerns me a bit.

I have had that heartache before and in the search for Princess Blue's (another case I am working on) identity and at the same time the family members of a loved one who was being compared as a possible match to Princess Blue had their hearts broken also thinking that their loved one had been found.

This all happened because of an overlay graphic that was done of Princess Blue and the missing person (Kimberly Shawn Cheatham, whose case I would love to solve. I am sure of who murdered her over 21 years ago, there was just not enough evidence, according to LE, to make an arrest), so many were convinced that Princess Blue was Kim because of the overlay images and because of those images her mother and her sister's hopes were that Kim was finally found. That turned out not to be that case and their hearts were broken once again.

So, while I do believe Jason Reynolds and our Jason do look strikingly similar, I am a bit reserved in convincing myself they are the same person.

xxxxx xxxxx fingers crossed that we finally have the answers to this case.

Where are those results from the dental comparisons? I'm still waiting......

This is the most promising lead this case has seen in a while. I really hope we can identify this guy so everyone can have closure.

I wish we knew more about Jason Reynolds though. His case hasn't been publicized much. He was a dropout with a history of running away, so I guess he just took off? Did his sister know if he liked the Grateful Dead? What were the circumstances around his disappearance--was it something like "gee, we haven't heard from Jason since June and none of his friends have either," or was there suspicion of foul play? I will say, though, he looks a lot like Jason Doe.

Could be lazy eye they called it when I was a kid sometime more noticable than other times I have one most times in my pic's as a kid it is not noticable, one is slightly smaller

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcedarblue
Back