MT MT - Jason Reynolds, 17, Billings, 1 Jun 1993

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I heard back from the Lt:

Mary,
He did not have any tattoos when he disappeared.
She said he liked the same kind of music as she does and she likes Grateful Dead.
She did not think he knew anyone in that area of the US.

This reporter might still be around in VA and might be of some help in contacting LE involved at the time:

Decade later, case still cold
MAN DIED IN CAR CRASH, NO CLUES TO NAME

http://vancnews.com/articles/2005/07/07/emporia/news/news02.txt

I did not find an email address for the reporter, Tessa Welsh. I did find an email address for a reporter, Bryan McKenzie. He wrote this article:

http://www.doenetwork.org/media/news122.html

I sent him an email just a couple minutes ago. I CC'd it to the Lt.

Ok, now we wait. We need to wait for Laura to find Jason's shoes and possibly a baseball cap. Then we'll have to wait for the DNA analysis to be completed. I know a lot of you have been working on our guy Jason Doe longer than I have (4 years). Let the waiting begin! Jason Doe and Jason Reynolds are both in my thoughts and prayers!

Mary

Wow, you are all amazing! Good work and fingers crossed!!!!!!!!

I found the website for the Chief Medical Examiner for Virginia and sent it to the Lt! It has a bunch of phone numbers as well as a fax number listed. Hopefully in the next couple days we'll know something!

I just got chills. Look at the nose!
MTA I also think that the photos are mirror images. Compare left ear to right ear, right ear to left ear.

Hi Everyone,

I think you guys are onto something. I had searched ancestry for Jason Reynolds and could not find anything, the adoption explains that!

I really think this is a match.

In the comparison of a photo & sketch, alignment of features becomes approximate... so keep an open mind about this. (marysawol, I am so excited for you & hoping Jason will finally be back with his family.)

Picturezz.jpg

Pictureyy.jpg

Excellent work!!

I believe that the picture of him standing in a cemetery is Arlington,VA by the way.
Arlington National Cemetery

Great work! I so hope this is our Jason. I know that sounds odd, but at least everyone will have answers.

NoZme, that is awesome what you did! Thank you! It convinces me even more that these two are one and the same Jason's! The eyes do it for me.

In the comparison of a photo & sketch, alignment of features becomes approximate... so keep an open mind about this. (marysawol, I am so excited for you & hoping Jason will finally be back with his family.)

Picturezz.jpg

Pictureyy.jpg

You all have done some fabulous work! Thank you!!! But.. what really amazes me, if that the pics are so close.. considering that Jason Doe suffered facial injuries and the drawing is a good guess (right?). So... if the "guess" is that close... I am betting you all are right on!!!

PS: I wish we had a pic of Jason Doe's teeth - the other Jason's seem pretty distinctive!

My fingers are crossed that this is a match and we will finally have some answers. You guys are awesome!

I don't think Jason Doe had facial injuries Carter. I remember reading somewhere (don't have a link...) that his nose was drawn like that because it looked like it had previously been broken or was just off center and looked a little off.

Remember, he was an unrestrained front seat passenger in a van that slammed into a stand of trees. When the vehicle stopped moving he didn't just go forward face first into the windshield, his body would have bent at the waist so most likely the top of his head got the worst of it. His face most likely had bruising, but it wouldn't have been badly mangled.

marysawol wrote
"NoZme, that is awesome what you did! Thank you! It convinces me even more that these two are one and the same Jason's! The eyes do it for me."

You are most welcome but my few minutes working on the graphics is nothing compared to to time & energy expended by you dedicated searchers working to get our Jason back home. I thank you.

I cannot explain the special feeling I had about J Reynolds from the start.... when the only pic was a dark fax/photocopy that showed no detail... thus the little prayer I added to this thread.

It seems to me that Jason Reynolds was a troubled kid who was in search of himself & his mother's death & father's illness prevented other relatives from searching. WS'ers use the internet as second nature & it's easy to overlook the fact that not everyone has the same tools at their fingertips. & speaking of fingertips, mine are crossed that this is "the match". I agree that the sketch & photo are very close, especially through the eyes. Haircoloring & perm are possibilities but some people's hair get's curly or wavy as it grows longer which may explain that difference...... I sure hope at least a preliminary answer is forthcoming!

I did another graphic last night & will post it now. This is the "guy at 1994 RFK" show. I would like to think it's possible, he is the same young man as he is all smiles & appears to be having a great time. He is not wearing the necklaces that were on his body but may have bought them at the show or from a parkinglot vendor.
Picture3.jpg

view full concert photo here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25073194@N04/3012315791/sizes/l/

WOW, you guys are truly unbelievable! I can't believe how much the noses look alike! I admire all of the hard work you guys have done! You guys rock!

Forgot to add,

Laura did say Jason Reynolds did have big feet. But, she doesn't know what size shoe he wore. She has some of his things packed away and is in the process of locating them for Lt Wilson. As soon as she finds them, he is sending them off for DNA analysis.

Jason Doe wore a size 11 1/2 and was 5'8", I would consider that big feet, esp. for someone of his stature. What does everyone else think? I can't wait to find out what size the shoe is Jason Reynold's sister has of his. Did you happen to ask if she knew if he had ever worn fila shoes?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back