MT MT - Jason Reynolds, 17, Billings, 1 Jun 1993

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Carterkatt, the Virginia Medical Examiner has our guy Jason Doe dental xray. Not sure if they took photo's of his teeth.

Buffetoflies, both our guy Jason Doe and the driver went thru the windshield and hit face first on a pine tree. Our guy Jason Doe's face was pretty disfigured. We're lucky (and I'm quite surprised) he lost none of his teeth.

NoZme, I've been looking for that photo from 1994! Look at the cleft chin, does that look the same? It does to me.

About the hair. My son has naturally curly hair. He HATES it! He dislikes it so much, he keeps it cut very short. When it's that short, you can't tell he really has curly hair.

I'm thinking when Jason Reynolds let his grow out, it was curly. Then again, I can't tell the difference between a perm and natural curly hair. Anyone else?

Indianagirl, no, I didn't think to ask what style shoes Jason use to wear. When the Lt calls or emails me again, I'll ask.

Everyone in this thread ROX!!!!

I had heard about this from a posting on Craigslist (Reno) of all places some time ago. I thought it was interesting but there was no contact information that I remember except whatever anonymized email there was....I am so HAPPY to see you guys really and trully possibly solve this case! How AMAZING AND WONDERFUL!!!

God bless all of the people here who have worked so hard ----I'm really hoping and praying you have found him.

Carterkatt, the Virginia Medical Examiner has our guy Jason Doe dental xray. Not sure if they took photo's of his teeth.

Buffetoflies, both our guy Jason Doe and the driver went thru the windshield and hit face first on a pine tree. Our guy Jason Doe's face was pretty disfigured. We're lucky (and I'm quite surprised) he lost none of his teeth.

NoZme, I've been looking for that photo from 1994! Look at the cleft chin, does that look the same? It does to me.

About the hair. My son has naturally curly hair. He HATES it! He dislikes it so much, he keeps it cut very short. When it's that short, you can't tell he really has curly hair.

I'm thinking when Jason Reynolds let his grow out, it was curly. Then again, I can't tell the difference between a perm and natural curly hair. Anyone else?

Indianagirl, no, I didn't think to ask what style shoes Jason use to wear. When the Lt calls or emails me again, I'll ask.

Thanks for confirming the injuries. I was about to think I was nuts (well.. that's debatable!!) So.. how true is the sketch??? hummmm. If it's not a match.. it will be a huge coincidence! Wish we could talk to the artist and see what he/she remembers.

Keep up the great work folks.. and keep us posted!!

I'm really not an arguer, and it really doesn't matter because the ID comes down to DNA, and everyone knows that the actual pics let alone a computer generated reconstruction don't really mean squat when it comes to ID a person, but going face first into the tree when he wasn't restrained goes against the laws of physics. His body would have folded down and the waist, and he wouldn't have been able to keep his face up/forward. I'm not saying his face would have been pristine, with absolutely no damage, but it still would have been recognizable as a face.

And yes, trying2id was the first but that was several years ago, and several other sleuthers have called about the accident and have gotten different information over the years. Nobody knows for sure. The LE T2I spoke with might not have been that close to the investigation, plus that was years and years after the accident, and I doubt he went over the details every couple months to keep it fresh in his mind, so in the event of someone calling about it he could give them accurate info.

I know I read that bit about his nose looking off center somewhere, and I know I read that his face is recognizable. I've read every thread/post on this boy, but I started reading them before I joined, and I did not take notes. There is a ton of info in them, much of which has been disputed and examined over and over.

That's all I want to say. I'm not going to argue further. :eek:nline: :wave: :)

Oh my goodness, I logged off for a little while to deal with life's little surprises and come back to find all this new information. You are all just GREAT!!:woohoo:
I do know that Jason Reynolds was submitted as a match for Jason Doe last year and that it could take up to 5 years, if not longer for any results. I find that tidbit very depressing since we all work so very hard on cases only to have them take so very long for results. If this is a match, we could all spend time working on other cases. I have made this my main case for so very long and I would hate to think that if I keep looking and this is the match that all other time would be a waste. Maybe someone will be able to speed it up a little and we will all have answers soon!

Thank you all,

Shawn aka trying2id

You say that Jason Reynolds was submitted last year as a possible match to our Jason Doe and that they said it could take up to 5 years if not longer for any results, what information was submitted that they said it could take that long to get results from? Who said it could take that long to get results? Jason Reynolds dentals are available and so our Jason Does' is that correct? Couldn't they have just compared the two? Why would it take 5 years to get results? Guess I don't understand?

Oh my goodness, I logged off for a little while to deal with life's little surprises and come back to find all this new information. You are all just GREAT!!:woohoo:
I do know that Jason Reynolds was submitted as a match for Jason Doe last year and that it could take up to 5 years, if not longer for any results. I find that tidbit very depressing since we all work so very hard on cases only to have them take so very long for results. If this is a match, we could all spend time working on other cases. I have made this my main case for so very long and I would hate to think that if I keep looking and this is the match that all other time would be a waste. Maybe someone will be able to speed it up a little and we will all have answers soon!

Thank you all,

Shawn aka trying2id

Wow! I would be surprised if this was not our guy! Great work and perseverance!
An interesting fact about MT is that the entire state has 406 as the area code. (So no need for Caroline to specify) Enid, MT has a 914 prefix...could pertain or not, definitely a possibility....

I have been emailing someone concerning our case here and I also forwards the photos that were posted. Here is part of the reply from such...

I did an overlay last night, it appears very similar except for the ears. UNID Jason has bottom lobes that look like chewed bubblegum. Your Jason has “Spock” ears. Still we need to do this, if nothing else to make sure that your Jason has everything we can offer to help him be identified or found.

There is something with our Jason's ears that his father would have also have shown on his ears. Of course, with Jason Reynolds being adopted, we can not look at his ears to compare. But, more from my email...

Some of the things we have used in the past that have helped adopted kids get found via DNA.

Contacting the social services in the state he was born and adopted in. Some, not all, can contact the bio parents and ask if they would contribute DNA with a promise of remaining confidential. Most of the time, they have agreed.

Also, he goes on the mention baby teeth can also be tested for DNA, so if he was adopted as a child maybe there are baby teeth somewhere.
Also PKU blood spot cards from testing at birth, yet we would need to know where he was born.

Either way, Jason Reynolds is not in this persons files, but he is going to contact the sheriff's office and offer his help. Please keep in mind that this person can not just start demanding things, he has to be asked to help with a case not in his files.

ALSO, PLEASE LET ME ADD AS A DISCLAIMER ON MY PART... THIS PERSON IS NOT IN LE NOR IS HE AN ME SO I CAN CONTACT HIM PER THE TERMS OF MY DOE MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES.

If anyone has any information they would like passed on, I will be glad to pass it on. Also, maybe the sheriff will let him get a copy of Jason Reynold's dental charts and since he already has access to our Jason's charts this would help greatly.

The earlier post of up to 5 years or longer was the answer I was given on the doenetwork site when I asked about the two being submitted over a year ago. Not sure why it would take so long, but some things you just can not question.

Thank you,
Shawn aka trying2id

Re-posting a couple of links in case new posters have missed them.....the facebook photos page here has a couple of interesting comments about the Caroline T and a "wharfrats" group that appear to be from June of this year.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...j=168609286658&id=676407892&fbid=271409622892
http://www.wharfrat.org/contacts.html

I know someone said they checked Caroline T's email address on the wharf rat site and said it doesn't work, but do you think if you emailed the alternate contact in tucson, maybe he'd know something?

I'm pretty sure this goes against the WS TOS, but I googled Caroline T's phone number and it came up under her name...

I forget to add that the wharfrat.org site goes back to 1998 in the wayback machine.
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.wharfrat.org

I'm looking at the oldest archive, and caroline t's email is listed as wharfRmomt
The address from the latest site is missing the R. Maybe it was a typo that just hasn't been fixed yet?

Hi Everyone, Sorry I haven't been around. After spending a week and a half completely focused on our guy Jason Doe, my house showed it! So, I had to break a way and take a breather. Plus, I'm having email problems. Still haven't fixed the issues.

Trying2id, the process of comparing the dental x-rays is in the process to begin. All the information I have has been posted in this thread. I don't know how much more to help you.

I have spoken and exchanged e-mails with Caroline T. several years ago and she acted very happy to help me for a very brief time. Yet for some reason, all of a sudden she would not answer calls or e-mails from me. Please keep in mind that I was not doing all the calling, she called me often to offer little tidbits she has remember about the time frame. I know that she has a daughter also named Caroline, so the note would have fit right in with the note in Jason's pocket. She swears that neither one of them knew a young man named Jason that looked anything like him. As people made suggestions to me, I passed them on to her and we batted ideas back and forth. I did ask her about if his name was not Jason, could he possibly be a certain name that was passed on to me. She then stopped speaking to me and dropped all communications at that point. She does have sign-in records from the very concert he may have attended, but she chose not to pass them along to anyone.

So I really think she is a dead end for us!

That's very interesting, trying2id.

Did Caroline T. say whether she thought she might have written the note, or whether she recognized the phone number on it?

Oh no, at no point did she act as if she knew anything about a note and also she had no ideas on the phone numbers.

I just have to say way to go guys for handling this and keeping the hope alive. I have been following this case since I came to WS and to be honest, never thought it'd be solved though I've always hoped. This does look extremely promising and I hope there is a conclusion. If not, then this case is like the Black Dahlia of unidentified people!

I have spoken and exchanged e-mails with Caroline T. several years ago and she acted very happy to help me for a very brief time. Yet for some reason, all of a sudden she would not answer calls or e-mails from me. Please keep in mind that I was not doing all the calling, she called me often to offer little tidbits she has remember about the time frame. I know that she has a daughter also named Caroline, so the note would have fit right in with the note in Jason's pocket. She swears that neither one of them knew a young man named Jason that looked anything like him. As people made suggestions to me, I passed them on to her and we batted ideas back and forth. I did ask her about if his name was not Jason, could he possibly be a certain name that was passed on to me. She then stopped speaking to me and dropped all communications at that point. She does have sign-in records from the very concert he may have attended, but she chose not to pass them along to anyone.

So I really think she is a dead end for us!

So who WAS Caroline T anyway? How did you get a hold of her? Was she a religious leader, a groupie, a cult leader?

It's my understanding that Caroline T. formed the group because her daughter, Caroline O. was recovering from some substance abuse problem. One of the requirements to join was that they had to be clean and sober. I also know that she did not attend the concert that Jason possibly attended due to a battle with cancer and also she had already relocated to the west coast by then, but she stated that she had the sign in sheets from it. She also had the members list from 1995 and like I have written in an earlier post, she never sent a copy of either to me. At the time I was speaking with her, she was living in Scottsdale, AZ and used the e-mail wharfmomt@aol.com . She signed all her e mails Caroline (Mom), I am assuming due to the fact she was look up to as a mother figure for the group.

trying2id,

A few weeks ago I read the post on facebook that Caroline T had a daughter name Caroline, that is the first time I had ever seen that anywhere. You can confirm she has a daughter named Caroline O.?

If so, that is too much of a coincidence for the note not to have come from her. If she didn't attend this concert, maybe he got it at another concert kept it to try to get up with her at this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowStuff5019
Back