Found Alive MT - Madeline Connelly, 23, & dog Mogie, Bear Creek Trailhead, Essex, 4 May 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
just had a feeling Maddy would be ok... that she maybe got lost but would be ok...

Such good news this morning for so many people who know and love her!!! (and especially happy for Mogi - quite an adventure! and now off to Alaska for many many more!)

Wow, she looks great after being out there for nearly a week! Such good news.

So happy to read this, I sure was pulling for her!

Wow she wanted to hike out, she's a boss!

I'm so impressed. She looks better after a week in the woods than I do after a one mile hike. [emoji23] Way to go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

!!! I'm so relieved and excited for the 2 of them and her family!!! Threads and threads of lost, missing with no happy reports can really wear down hope. I'm so thankful for this happy story! Praise the Lord!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

OMG I am so excited to read this news!! And look at how great she looks! She is a rock star!!

You can tell from the pictures that she truly loves her pup.

and you KNOW that pup loves her. My BIL just lost his beloved dog and I had a memorial plaque made for him that reads: "For Louie, who loved Abe, and for Abe who loved Louie." Abe was the dog.

Dog people are a special breed. ha, see what I did there?

So glad they are safe. Hope they have a yummy supper and get some good rest.

she spoke briefly here:

Madeline said that after starting her hike, she realized she didn't have any water and stopped at a swimming hole. Afterward, she and her dog took a wrong turn.

She said when she realized she was lost she figured she was on the loop of a trail and if she continued walking she would get back to where she had been. "And then I ended up at a lake and I was like, well, this is not right," she said.

"All I had was overalls, a sweater with a hood, a T-shirt, my dog's leash, my dog and my car keys. I feel like an idiot, honestly, because it was just a huge mistake that it ended up being seven days in kind of treacherous weather conditions."

Her rescuers estimated she hiked about 10 miles each day. She said she and her dog rested for two days and slept under trees.

Connelly said that she survived by drinking water out of creeks and streams. She did not have much to eat as she was prepared only for a day hike.

She also was unable to start a fire at night to keep warm in the near freezing temperatures. Temperatures in the wilderness area have ranged from the 40s to the 60s during the day to near freezing at night. The area also saw some rainfall in the last several days.

"I just kind of wanted to say thank you to everyone that put in all of this effort in helping me," Connelly said sounding hoarse.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/ct-missing-hiker-found-montana-20170510-story.html
http://abc7chicago.com/news/hiker-from-river-forest-found-after-6-days-missing-in-montana/1976490/

She was found about five miles from where her car was parked in the Great Bear Wilderness.

Has the young man that was lost in the same area I believe been found yet? Sorry I know not the thread I can't find it.

just seeing the good news
yay!

Yeah! Doing the happy dance. I love great news :happydance:. Thrilled about the dog too :).

THE HAPPIEST OF NEWS!!!

So thankful she has come home safely. This is was so scary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back