Found Deceased MT - Megan Stedman, 34, suspicious circumstances, assoc with 1973 tan motorhome w/WA plate, Bozeman/Livingston area, 15 Dec 2023*arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hard to believe that RV went terribly far. It could of course be in perfect travel-worthy condition and be all the way to Key West or Kennebunkport by now, but typically, unless meticulously maintained, they tend to stay local at that vintage. I live in a city in an adjoining state, and there are quite a few similar ones that just circulate around the outskirts of downtown outside of the metered zones, street camping.

Hard to believe that RV went terribly far. It could of course be in perfect travel-worthy condition and be all the way to Key West or Kennebunkport by now, but typically, unless meticulously maintained, they tend to stay local at that vintage. I live in a city in an adjoining state, and there are quite a few similar ones that just circulate around the outskirts of downtown outside of the metered zones, street camping.
Spokane, perhaps (I’m close to Spokane)? Funny because it looks like there is a Spokane sticker on the back of the RV.

Some questions I have based on some things I've read.
Was she living in the motor home as a way to hide from an ex boyfriend? Has anyone ever been arrested for domestic violence against her?
Was the motor home being fixed up to be in liveable and driveable condition so that she could "escape" out of town?
Where is Meagan? I hope she is somewhere safe. ❤️

"Thirty-four-year-old Megan Stedman was last seen in the Bozeman-Livingston area of Montana. Police are actively looking for her there, saying she may be missing under suspicious circumstances.
Her family says it's not like Megan to run off, especially without communicating with her loved ones and kids.

They believe her disappearance is domestic-violence related.
Since December 15, Megan's siblings and friends have searched Washington, Idaho and Montana for any sign of her.

Megan has now missed Christmas and her daughter's birthday, which is January 10.

Megan's family is worried that her estranged boyfriend has something to do with it.

"We're just trying everything and we're trying to bring it all together," Christina Mitma Momono, Megan's sister, said. "It's a lot of work, it's a little overwhelming but it's worth it if we can get her home.""

Have they found the ex boyfriend and questioned him?
Excellent question. Since LE indicates her disappearance could be related to DV, it would certainly help to know more about her ex-BF, his background, and his location around the time Megan was last seen. Do we know if he (Megan's ex-BF) is also missing?

I hate this for her kids and family!! Have they found the ex boyfriend and questioned him?
1705164894940.png

IDAHO FALLS — A suspicious death in Idaho Falls is now being investigated as a homicide and a Washington man has been arrested for first-degree murder.

Chris Foiles, a 42-year-old from Spokane, was booked into the Bonneville County Jail Friday night after police were called to the area of Wardell Street Friday afternoon. A person contacted police, stating a motorhome parked on Wardell may match one being sought by law enforcement in Bozeman, Montana.

“Idaho Falls Police Officers made contact with Chris Foiles, who was detained at that time. Inside the motorhome, investigators found evidence to support arresting Foiles with murder in the first degree,” an Idaho Falls Police news release says.

Idaho Falls Police Department

HOMICIDE INVESTIGATION - Suspect Arrested - Public Assistance Requested - Read for more info.

Yesterday, January 12, 2024, Idaho Falls Police Officers responded to the area of Wardell Street after a person contacted Idaho Falls Bonneville County Emergency Dispatch, stating that a motorhome parked on Wardell may match a vehicle currently being sought by law enforcement in Bozeman, Montana. Idaho Falls Police Officers responded and located the motorhome on Wardell.

Idaho Falls Police Officers made contact with Chris Foiles who was detained at that time. Inside the motorhome, investigators found evidence to support arresting Foiles with Murder in the First Degree. Foiles, a 42-year-old resident of Spokane, Washington, was arrested and booked into the Bonneville County Jail.

Investigators are asking for public assistance gathering information about Foiles movements between December 15th and January 12th. Anyone who saw Foiles or the motorhome pictured over the past 4 weeks is asked to report the information to the Idaho Falls Police Department by emailing IFPD Detective Reed at Creed@idahofalls.gov or calling the non-emergency dispatch line at (208)529-1200. Please reference case number 2024-1289. The motorhome is a 1973 tan motorhome with obvious damage to the rear driver’s side, and a red stripe down the side. At some point in the last 4 weeks, the stripe was painted blue.

Wardell Street was blocked off from approximately 12:30 – 5:30 p.m. for necessary steps in the investigation to take place. We thank community members for their understanding and cooperation with the closure.

This incident remains under active investigation and no further information is available for release at this time. Additional information is expected to be released at a later date, when appropriate given the progress of the investigation.

"Thirty-four-year-old Megan Stedman was last seen in the Bozeman-Livingston area of Montana. Police are actively looking for her there, saying she may be missing under suspicious circumstances.
Her family says it's not like Megan to run off, especially without communicating with her loved ones and kids.

They believe her disappearance is domestic-violence related.
Since December 15, Megan's siblings and friends have searched Washington, Idaho and Montana for any sign of her.

Megan has now missed Christmas and her daughter's birthday, which is January 10.

Megan's family is worried that her estranged boyfriend has something to do with it.

"We're just trying everything and we're trying to bring it all together," Christina Mitma Momono, Megan's sister, said. "It's a lot of work, it's a little overwhelming but it's worth it if we can get her home.""
This was the first time I'd noticed, on the missing person poster, her Last Seen With. I hadn't even read all the posts to see where this case was going.

Will it never stop? Partner violence, it's so senseless...

Jmo

I wish I’d believed the outcome would be different. . I hope they can find her for her family sake. May he burn for eternity.
Thankful for the person who saw and reported the motorhome. He probably would have torched it eventually and all that evidence would have been lost. My thoughts are with Megan's loved ones.

@Megnut - I could list 10 cases I've followed in the last two weeks, where a woman was killed by her SO. It seems to happen more and more frequently. Why? Intimate Partner Violence (DV) programs, education, & help have made some good strides - but it's not enough :(

Thankful for the person who saw and reported the motorhome. He probably would have torched it eventually and all that evidence would have been lost. My thoughts are with Megan's loved ones.

@Megnut - I could list 10 cases I've followed in the last two weeks, where a woman was killed by her SO. It seems to happen more and more frequently. Why? Intimate Partner Violence (DV) programs, education, & help have made some good strides - but it's not enough :(
My best friend was in a DV relationship. He’d beat her, throw her down the stairs, you name it. You can believe I plotted his demise in infinitely cruel ways. The worst event was after she’d divorced him, he beat her so badly that she had to replace her carpet because of the blood. I spent years waiting for ’that’ call. She finally went into hiding and he never found her.
I’ll never understand this impotent rage that causes these offenders to need to destroy what they ‘love’ or cannot have. All MOO

It is a huge problem in Montana right now, with unhoused people who find a place to live, an old RV, and then, they have problems finding a place to park it and live. They live on using various types of towing services, like AAA, Good Sam's and alternate services each month, so they get tows, without anyone realizing that the RV doesn't run.

Not sure this was her situation, but it sounds similar. Sad that she found the wrong person. I wonder where the RV is...probably sold to a Pick and Pull for cash.

It is a huge problem in Montana right now, with unhoused people who find a place to live, an old RV, and then, they have problems finding a place to park it and live. They live on using various types of towing services, like AAA, Good Sam's and alternate services each month, so they get tows, without anyone realizing that the RV doesn't run.

Not sure this was her situation, but it sounds similar. Sad that she found the wrong person. I wonder where the RV is...probably sold to a Pick and Pull for cash.
RV was running, cops towed it, read up.

Very interesting comments on BPD's missing post :oops:
Wow- check the most recent post just 6 minutes ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag
Back