MT MT - Paul Batson, 45, Stillwater Co, 29 Apr 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My question: How do they know only his phone and wallet were missing? To say that, you must first know what was in the car to begin with, right? Were all of his other belongings located in a hotel room in Bozeman? Notice the police say NOTHING about the keys which a previous (but now MIA) poster claimed to have knowledge of.

There is just something wrong about this whole story- beginning to end. Can't put my finger on it- but something is wrong.

Take a close look at @inmyhumbleopinion's police timeline above (post#256).

It was Sunday evening. Reed Point isn't exactly a big destination and from the photo I saw, the gas station across from the post office is more of a mechanic's shop than a convenience store. No one knows exactly when the car was parked or how long it had been there before the police took notice of it. It is entirely possible, perhaps even probable, that the gas station/garage was closed when car and driver arrived.

There's a convenience store marked on Google maps across from the gas station/garage, on the diagonal across from the post office.

There's very few places in the town, but he's parked right where they are. And if the gas station is closed, there's a saloon just a shortish walk away if you want to use the bathroom, it might not be worth moving the car to walk down there if you find the gas station closed.

That's what I'm saying, why go to Reed Point, why park in that spot? What motivation covers both these questions?

My question: How do they know only his phone and wallet were missing? To say that, you must first know what was in the car to begin with, right? Were all of his other belongings located in a hotel room in Bozeman? Notice the police say NOTHING about the keys which a previous (but now MIA) poster claimed to have knowledge of.

There is just something wrong about this whole story- beginning to end. Can't put my finger on it- but something is wrong.

I agree completely. The investigation feels very tight lipped. Why??

I would be interested if a few males could take a look at the map of Reed Point and tell me if they went there to pee, the gas station is closed/toilet locked, you walk down to the saloon, and it's not open yet or closed on a Sunday..where is the next 'pee point' for you? Do you walk back to the car? Do you walk all the way down to the river?

Since no one can say for sure that it was Paul who parked the car, and no one claims to have seen him or anyone who looks like him, I’m hoping they are searching the area between Bozeman and Reed Point. I know it’s a lot of area to search but it seems like Reed Point has been covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since no one can say for sure that it was Paul who parked the car, and no one claims to have seen him or anyone who looks like him, I’m hoping they are searching the area between Bozeman and Reed Point. I know it’s a lot of area to search but it seems like Reed Point has been covered.

I would think it was Paul who parked the car there as it sounds like it has been parked rather than dumped?

Have any of the LE releases said whether or not tracker dogs got a scent of Paul near the car?

Take a close look at @inmyhumbleopinion's police timeline above (post#256).

It was Sunday evening. Reed Point isn't exactly a big destination and from the photo I saw, the gas station across from the post office is more of a mechanic's shop than a convenience store. No one knows exactly when the car was parked or how long it had been there before the police took notice of it. It is entirely possible, perhaps even probable, that the gas station/garage was closed when car and driver arrived.

If it is a garage instead of just a gas station could he have had car trouble and parked it there for the evening? Maybe walked to find lodging and encountered foul play? Apologies if this has been addressed, having problems with Tapatalk the last few days.

I thought I would share something that may send chills down your spine like it did to me.

A little back story... Paul is obsessed with Batman and that was the nickname of him and Paul's grandpa (my daddy). Paul is named after my dad. My moms nickname was Red because of her naturally beautiful dark red hair.

My husband goes outside to empty the trash and sitting outside of where we live was a red purse. Inside, I swear to you, was a piece of notebook paper. The only word written on it was Batman. I broke down and cried. Also in my dream last night was a car that people were looking at and I don't know cars very well and not a driver in real life, but when I asked someone in the dream what it was that they were staring at, they said a Dodge Charger. Even while in the dream I kept hearing the people chant Dodge Charger over and over. Of course that is Paul's car.

I'm not sure what any of this means but because I am the spiritual one in the family with strong instincts, I just feel there's a message here but I'm in so much pain I'm probably missing it. I'm telling you, that purse and Batman thing are freaking me out.

Anyway just thought I'd share.

No unfortunately nothing. I'm really so frustrated and heartbroken not knowing...it's the worst feeling

Avalon,
Do you feel it is possible that Paul could have suffered some sort of medical incident? I mean more be in a state of confusion.

I would think it was Paul who parked the car there as it sounds like it has been parked rather than dumped?

Have any of the LE releases said whether or not tracker dogs got a scent of Paul near the car?

I would think it was Paul too but I would like to keep all options open, especially with no sighting. I would really like to know the answer to your second question.

I thought I would share something that may send chills down your spine like it did to me.

A little back story... Paul is obsessed with Batman and that was the nickname of him and Paul's grandpa (my daddy). Paul is named after my dad. My moms nickname was Red because of her naturally beautiful dark red hair.

My husband goes outside to empty the trash and sitting outside of where we live was a red purse. Inside, I swear to you, was a piece of notebook paper. The only word written on it was Batman. I broke down and cried. Also in my dream last night was a car that people were looking at and I don't know cars very well and not a driver in real life, but when I asked someone in the dream what it was that they were staring at, they said a Dodge Charger. Even while in the dream I kept hearing the people chant Dodge Charger over and over. Of course that is Paul's car.

I'm not sure what any of this means but because I am the spiritual one in the family with strong instincts, I just feel there's a message here but I'm in so much pain I'm probably missing it. I'm telling you, that purse and Batman thing are freaking me out.

I'm spiritual too, and a big believer in gut and intuition...I understand how overwhelming this is, and I think it's very healthy you can share. I keep hoping and praying for a breakthrough in finding Paul and answers.

So so sorry you are going through this. So feel for you. :heartbeat:

I am curious if any luggage was found in Paul's car. I would think Paul would have taken either a suitcase, duffel bag, or garment bag on this cross country trip. He would need at least some clean shirts for his job interviews. Its one of many things things that mystifies me about this case.

The Stillwater County News reported Paul’s “travel bag” was in the car.

I am curious if any luggage was found in Paul's car. I would think Paul would have taken either a suitcase, duffel bag, or garment bag on this cross country trip. He would need at least some clean shirts for his job interviews. Its one of many things things that mystifies me about this case.

The Stillwater County News reported Paul’s “travel bag” was in the car.

“The 45-year-old man was last heard from Sunday, April 29, while in Bozeman. The following day, his 2016 Dodge Charger was found abandoned in the middle of Reed Point. Inside what was described as an ‘extremely clean’ vehicle was his travel bag. Gone were his cell phone and wallet.” (BBM)

https://www.stillwatercountynews.com/content/without-trace

If it is a garage instead of just a gas station could he have had car trouble and parked it there for the evening? Maybe walked to find lodging and encountered foul play? Apologies if this has been addressed, having problems with Tapatalk the last few days.

I can't see any accommodation in the town. There seems to be none at the only bar/saloon. The old Hotel Montana is derelict. If he had broken down he would probably have had to sleep in the car.

Looking at Reed Point on Google maps, it looks to be a town on its very last legs. A one horse town until the horse died of boredom.

I'm welling up, Avalon! That's so interesting to me. Do you have any gut feelings about what have happened to Paul? (If you do not feel up to answering any questions I ask, please do not feel pressured. I'm just speaking out loud what is going on in my head).

Also, I hope you will stay with us here, I cannot stop coming back here daily. I wondered whether you could become a Verified Insider for Pauls thread? - Again, no pressure, just pointing it out. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

We have a little boy missing on the threads out of Kansas who just loves Batman. So much Batman :heartbeat:

Avalon,
Do you feel it is possible that Paul could have suffered some sort of medical incident? I mean more be in a state of confusion.
Yes it is possible. But I keep thinking unless he was in an abandoned area miles away from others, wouldn't someone have seen or helped him?! It's truly mysterious to me. I've played out every scenario in my head and all of them are unsettling.

I'm spiritual too, and a big believer in gut and intuition...I understand how overwhelming this is, and I think it's very healthy you can share. I keep hoping and praying for a breakthrough in finding Paul and answers.

So so sorry you are going through this. So feel for you. :heartbeat:

Thank you for reaching out and your concern. I appreciate it. All we want our answers. I just know someone has the truth and I pray they step forward. Anyway thanks again. Blessings to you.

Thank you for reaching out and your concern. I appreciate it. All we want our answers. I just know someone has the truth and I pray they step forward. Anyway thanks again. Blessings to you.

I'm curious if your family is receiving as few details from LE as the public?

My heart goes out to you all. I can't imagine having to go through an experience like this with no answers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams
Back