MT MT - Paul Batson, 45, Stillwater Co, 29 Apr 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought I would share something that may send chills down your spine like it did to me.

A little back story... Paul is obsessed with Batman and that was the nickname of him and Paul's grandpa (my daddy). Paul is named after my dad. My moms nickname was Red because of her naturally beautiful dark red hair.

My husband goes outside to empty the trash and sitting outside of where we live was a red purse. Inside, I swear to you, was a piece of notebook paper. The only word written on it was Batman. I broke down and cried. Also in my dream last night was a car that people were looking at and I don't know cars very well and not a driver in real life, but when I asked someone in the dream what it was that they were staring at, they said a Dodge Charger. Even while in the dream I kept hearing the people chant Dodge Charger over and over. Of course that is Paul's car.

I'm not sure what any of this means but because I am the spiritual one in the family with strong instincts, I just feel there's a message here but I'm in so much pain I'm probably missing it. I'm telling you, that purse and Batman thing are freaking me out.

Anyway just thought I'd share.
Oh, Avalon, I know this is all weighing so heavily on you. That purse thing is so odd! What do you make of it?

I'm sorry there aren't any updates. Please know I'm thinking of you and your family. Don't forget to take care of yourself in the middle of all this.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I'm curious if your family is receiving as few details from LE as the public?

My heart goes out to you all. I can't imagine having to go through an experience like this with no answers.

In my particular case I know as much as you do. Yes extremely sad and frustrating

Take a close look at @inmyhumbleopinion's police timeline above (post#256).

It was Sunday evening. Reed Point isn't exactly a big destination and from the photo I saw, the gas station across from the post office is more of a mechanic's shop than a convenience store. No one knows exactly when the car was parked or how long it had been there before the police took notice of it. It is entirely possible, perhaps even probable, that the gas station/garage was closed when car and driver arrived.

bbm Yes, someone upthread had found the facebook page for the gas station and it said closed Sunday.

@Avalon, did the family go to Paul's flat? Did you access his computer? Maybe there's a clue there somewhere.

Oh, Avalon, I know this is all weighing so heavily on you. That purse thing is so odd! What do you make of it?

I'm sorry there aren't any updates. Please know I'm thinking of you and your family. Don't forget to take care of yourself in the middle of all this.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Thank you for your message. It really does help to bring me a sense of peace.

I do agree it's odd and chilling to me. I feel a message is being sent to me most definitely. (This is a fairly common occurrence with loved ones reaching out with"signs" for me. What's unsettling is they are always deceased when I have them) Of course I have had many times the "I know something bad happened" intuition and it's always right moments too.

What do I make of this particular purse/Batman one? I know it's definitely a sign... just not sure what it means at this time.

bbm Yes, someone upthread had found the facebook page for the gas station and it said closed Sunday.

@Avalon, did the family go to Paul's flat? Did you access his computer? Maybe there's a clue there somewhere.
I can't really comment to say anything I'm sorry, other than all crucial areas for the most part have allegedly been covered

Thanks for all your thoughtful replies, Avalon.

I was wondering if you can picture Paul taking an hour or so drive around a new area, the evening before an interview/meeting? Does that seem out of character for him, or not so much?

Also, do you know if he was excited about the possible new move to Montana?

Thanks for all your thoughtful replies, Avalon.

I was wondering if you can picture Paul taking an hour or so drive around a new area, the evening before an interview/meeting? Does that seem out of character for him, or not so much?

Also, do you know if he was excited about the possible new move to Montana?
Of course I can't speak for Paul or his state of mind at the time, but I know for anyone else in our family there is almost zero chance of doing that a night before an interview. Plus that distance to a town with very little to see/do seems odd.

I'm welling up, Avalon! That's so interesting to me. Do you have any gut feelings about what have happened to Paul? (If you do not feel up to answering any questions I ask, please do not feel pressured. I'm just speaking out loud what is going on in my head).

Also, I hope you will stay with us here, I cannot stop coming back here daily. I wondered whether you could become a Verified Insider for Pauls thread? - Again, no pressure, just pointing it out. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

We have a little boy missing on the threads out of Kansas who just loves Batman. So much Batman :heartbeat:
Hello, thanks for reaching out and for letting me know about that information. At this particular time, I'm probably just going to not say or do too much more just because my family are extremely private and I want to respect their wishes. I'm only commenting with my own personal gratitude to everyone and for answering an occasional question if I can. Honestly this case is so tragic and baffling to me that my gut reaction have changed many times. I do not even fully trust my own instincts about it because it's just so shocking.

My heart is hurting for that boy who loves Batman. Very very sad. Hoping for a good outcome.

Hello, thanks for reaching out and for letting me know about that information. At this particular time, I'm probably just going to not say or do too much more just because my family are extremely private and I want to respect their wishes. I'm only commenting with my own personal gratitude to everyone and for answering an occasional question if I can. Honestly this case is so tragic and baffling to me that my gut reaction have changed many times. I do not even fully trust my own instincts about it because it's just so shocking.

Avalon, absolutely. Understood completely. ❤️

I’m hoping we have something new to go on (or Paul back with you safe again).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course I can't speak for Paul or his state of mind at the time, but I know for anyone else in our family there is almost zero chance of doing that a night before an interview. Plus that distance to a town with very little to see/do seems odd.

Thank you for taking time to answer our questions. I know we all greatly appreciate your input.

Checking in on Paul.

Very interesting about the dream & red handbag with Batman note!

Something crossed my mind--- Could he have been low on gas and had to wait until convenience/gas station was open ?

Thinking of Paul & family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Checking in on Paul.

Something crossed my mind--- Could he have been low on gas and had to wait until convenience/gas station was open ?

Good thinking Hazelnutty.

When was the next time the gas station was open? If Paul was doing that, there may have been a long wait as I imagine it wouldn’t have opened until Monday morning?

IF he traveled to Reed Point himself, I can’t work out why he would have gone there. Especially at that time when you have an interview in Bozeman the day after. Also, isn’t Reed Point closer to home for him? So if he wanted to check it out, he could have done so on his way back after his interview?

I’m not sure :(

Checking in on Paul.

It's possible but not really sure. It just seems so far from Bozeman and I can't understand why he would go to Reed Point.

My heart is hurting for that boy who loves Batman. Very very sad. Hoping for a good outcome.

I know AnaPisces (and all of us) totally understand and respect this... we will keep brainstorming and trying to think/do what we can as WSers who truly care. You do as you are comfortable, and we'll keep all you said in mind. Never hesitate to say "sorry, just can't say/don't know/not comfortable." We accept and understand!

I'll keep anything I ask as a general impression/opinion question... for my part, I just want to understand Paul as a person as much as I can. Like in my family, I have one brother who SO would take a huge drive like that (probably not go to a remote location though), as he handles stress by distracting himself... but me, I'm not going anywhere! So human beings are unique, and it helps to get an idea of how Paul is.

I'm with you... I'm just trying to piece together what could make sense, and there are just unknowns. I feel that way too, so I totally empathize with your feelings.:heartbeat:

I would not call Reed Point a 'town' -- it is more a place. If Paul was as fastidious about his car as I have read from posts, I am not surprised that he parked on the street and walked to ... wherever he walked. Relatively quickly the road (any road) he was on would cease to be paved, turned to gravel and dirt, and been likely very muddy at the end of April.

Bozeman to Reedpoint is a 170 mile round trip on the interstate. I understand Paul may have wanted to explore the Bozeman area. But pray tell why travel so far east in light of the splendid scenery surrounding Bozeman and the many small and beautiful communities within a 35 mile radius??? If Paul wanted to see the Yellowstone River in all of its glory all he had to do was drive 40 miles over the hill to Livingston. I was raised in Stillwater County and frequently travel from western to eastern MT and Reed Point is the last place I’d stop unless an emergency arose. Stillwater County News is reporting that over 1,000 acres have been searched and that dogs are being used.

Prayers for Paul and his family.

Interesting that a woman disappeared November 2017 from Bozeman -
"last spotted on Nov. 27, at the Bozeman Public Library on East Main Street."
FBI is now involved.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/fbi-joins-search-for-woman-missing-from-bozeman/article_2a766363-1f07-52c2-b1d7-71bd48b25bf6.html

[FONT=&amp]The FBI said Tuesday it is working jointly with the Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office and Homeland Security Investigations to find a woman last seen in Bozeman this winter.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The agencies are searching for 25-year-old Danielle Marie Diamond, who has been missing since she was last spotted on Nov. 27, at the Bozeman Public Library on East Main Street.
[/FONT]
[...]

Websleuths thread for Danielle Diamond:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...anielle-Diamond-25-Gallatin-County-1-Dec-2017

I can't help but wonder if they are somehow connected. Both disappearances were at the end of the month. Fell on Sunday / Monday. And last seen at the Bozeman library.

I can't help but wonder if they are somehow connected. Both disappearances were at the end of the month. Fell on Sunday / Monday. And last seen at the Bozeman library.

Seems odd, right? I mean, I’m not sure if I think these are connected but it certainly is a strange coincidence.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams