MT MT - Paul Batson, 45, Stillwater Co, 29 Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I want you to know that this post has made me reach out to my husband. He is going through a lot this year and I feel like he is kind of a robot going through the motions some times. He had a call with some online therapist, but refuses to go to one in person. Last night, after I read your post, I told him how much I appreciate him walking our pup and how he's probably going to live at least 12 more years and counts on him for those walks. I could see his eyes light up for the first time since his dad died and he hugged our dog for a long time and promised him he'd be there for him. Everyone needs to feel loved and appreciated and have some kind of purpose for their future. I'm not a huggy person, but I'm going to do better at letting people know what their doing has value to others. Thanks for sharing your little middles gift to you :)

Sniff sniff

Now I'm crying.

Thank you.

Wow, my first post here and I have to say this case is baffling and reminds me of another case, the missing hiker from JTNP Paul Miller, who also seems to have vanished.

In both cases I'm 40% left willingly 60% accident. Being middle aged, a recent empty nest-er, and in light of current events, I've fantasized myself about running away. Maybe instead of buying a corvette for his mid-life crisis, he chose to wander off into the unknown.

Wow, my first post here and I have to say this case is baffling and reminds me of another case, the missing hiker from JTNP Paul Miller, who also seems to have vanished.

In both cases I'm 40% left willingly 60% accident. Being middle aged, a recent empty nest-er, and in light of current events, I've fantasized myself about running away. Maybe instead of buying a corvette for his mid-life crisis, he chose to wander off into the unknown.

I used to fantasize about running away and living on a sailboat in Key West with my dog. Then I saw a picture of a woman who did that and she looked rather “aged” to put it mildly.
I think it was a coping mechanism because I could never really do that, but it helped to think maybe I could.

Welcome to Websleuths, MissMYB!

I'm sorry PB is still missing, as well as PM. I've hoped both cases would've been resolved before now.

ETA: loreet, thank you for your updates and your dedication to PB's case.

I used to fantasize about running away and living on a sailboat in Key West with my dog. Then I saw a picture of a woman who did that and she looked rather “aged” to put it mildly.
I think it was a coping mechanism because I could never really do that, but it helped to think maybe I could.

I read your first sentence and thought how rather lovely and poetic that seems... but then I saw the "aged" part (which makes sense - too much sun). So I guess vanity would stop me from ever doing that, LOL.

But I agree with your sentiment, Mercedes... even though I'm being light-hearted, I do think that most human beings probably have had stressors/times of incredible difficulty where their mind would dream up being someplace else, to get away from the angst. Most of us don't ever act on that, for a number of reasons, and those are just fleeting thoughts. But it's not hard to understand how there are people, with a mix of factors, who stay in those thoughts and take real steps. I think that's very possible with Paul.

I should probably think more about how this could have been more of a temporary get-away and then an accident. But I've been really stuck on the car scene seeming staged for a more permanent get-away.

I also keep thinking all those water searches and them still not finding Paul...I don't know. So frustrating.

Paul's birthday was a few weeks ago. . . SEP 18th
Missing Person Details - Montana Department of Justice

Missing Person Details
Name: BATSON, PAUL PHILIP
Aliases:
Date of Birth: 09/18/1972
Race: WHITE
Hair Color: BROWN
Eye Color: BROWN
Height: 6' 2''
Weight: 175 LBS.

image.aspx

A lot of folks come to Montana to get away. What they don't realize is that "open space" has a lot of unseen dangers. No cell service is common in many areas, something folks back east don't even think about. He could have gone hiking, enjoying the scenery, got turned around, and no cell service means no GPS, no calls. He could have fallen, alot of possibilities. Another one, is more ominous. Who knows? I hope he just decided to drop out...but that seems unlikely.

This is an update on the search for Brandon Fitch, the young man who was seen entering the Yellowstone River from the same bridge in Reed Point Paul’s car was parked nearby:
Still Searching
As of September 20th, this article covers the search efforts and specifically Brandon’s mother’s attempts to find him. Brandon’s body has not been recovered as of today, October 8, though divers have been down twice to the area the cadaver dogs hit on from the surface.

The article is notable because it details searches that could also locate Paul, if he did enter the Yellowstone River at Reed Point. Brandon’s mother is tracking every search effort and walking the river daily.

Prayers for Paul and his family and friends. I hope for answers before winter.

162 days missing.

Brandon Fitch's family may have found a grave of some sort... they are wondering if it could be Brandon's, but I thought about Paul while reading this, also.

Missing Stillwater County Man Update

A possible grave, made of rocks and a makeshift cross was found by the Fitch's and a search party. This newly found potential clue has Brandon's mother Sarah wondering if it is him in this location.

It may not be human remains. A lot of folks bury animals out in the wild, and mark the area.

They said it was human sized, but I suppose it could be a large dog. I know some people bury the head, offal etc. after hunting, but they don't usually put a handmade cross on top.

I'm thinking it's not our Paul but it might indeed be someone and maybe there is an interesting tale as to what happened...

Waiting with the rest of you...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyme.as1