Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Grace expert is saying that one thing the ME is looking for in a toxicology report is poisoning from the exhaust fumes of the car. Meaning they may be holding back the manner of death because the car fumes could have played a role in speeding her death or they think she was unconscious/semi-conscious from the fumes when shot.

Especially one of the back windows. I could understand the driver's side front window to grab her, the gun, the keys, or something, but to get to the backseat... why?

Maybe originally, if there was an abductor, he knocked her out, just put her in backseat, when she came to, she kicked the window out? So he moved her to trunk?

IMO, if I was a criminal who just shot someone, I would wipe the gun as best as possible,and leave it.

But why 2cartridges in the trunk?

First shot goes through the backseat and shatters the window. Second shot enters Rita.

If that is the case, I'm sure LE can figure out the trajectory and know where the gun was when fired - whether it was shot from someone standing outside the trunk or from someone laying down inside the truck. I think the trajectory will answer the questions we all have.

jmo

Nancy Grace just reported the bit about a suspect heading north on foot, had been tracked by a patrol dog from the vehicle. I don't know if that is still accurate info, just reporting that it was on NG....

It makes sense to me that if you are trying to commit suicide but fake a murder, you would fire 2 shots for the cop on the phone to hear. He would think there is a perp because a suicide victim can't shoot twice. Unless they fire once away from their body & once into their chest.

I wonder if the call ended or the line stayed open. Knowing that would solve our mystery.

Nancy Grace just reported the bit about a suspect heading north on foot, had been tracked by a patrol dog from the vehicle. I don't know if that is still accurate info, just reporting that it was on NG....

She is way behind. Police have since stated there is no POI.

Does she have local LE on the show with her?

I wonder if her debit card was found at the scene.

Daughter on Nancy Grace:

1st credit card charge was at 4:16 PM in Kingston, Idaho for $25 at a Quickstop
2nd credit card charge was at 9:55 PM in Ritzville, Washington for $25 at a Loves Travelstop.

Odd that both dollar amounts are exactly 25.00$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Nancy Grace: Rita's Husband and Daughter were called down to the Sheriff's office at around 2 AM, where they were told Rita was found dead.

It's also possible that she made up the carjacking story (for whatever reason) and didn't intend to actually kill herself but accidentally shot herself with a fatal shot. Perhaps she meant to harm herself and be found alive. IDK.

I think suicide seems most likely at this point, but it's not definitive yet. I await LE's ruling.

jmo

and perhaps the first shot was bc she hesitated, pulled away the gun at the last second? Then the second shot was fatal, but wasn't intended to be. Like she wanted to bolster the carjacking story.

so so sad...

Does she have local LE on the show with her?

No she didn't. She had a reporter, a medical expert and Rita's daughter on the phone. LE doesn't seem to be talking to the press.

Not the window that was busted. Look at photos of the car.
I don't think there's a there's a lot to stop a bullet from the truck of a car except for the car body. Most rear seat backs are just plastic and felt. I can see how a bullet fired inside a truck could pass through the rear seats and shatter a rear passenger window.

Odd that both dollar amounts are exactly 25.00$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be the highest amount someone could take out with her card without a pin number.

Minimum purchase charge if you're using a credit card maybe?

I'm thinking she set a trail so she would be found quickly. And/or perhaps she needed gas money or was hungry.

As it turns out, she was found within five minutes. If this was a suicide, she arranged it so her family didn't find her and that LE would find her rather easily.

jmo, subject to change

Might be the highest amount someone could take out with her card without a pin number.

I don't think one can withdraw any money without a pin number. But if credit card was used, then one doesn't need the pin number at all (even for larger amounts).

Wow this has taken a strange turn! Glad that Ozzie is finally speaking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzie201