Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheryl DeBoer crawled into a culvert, put a plastic bag over her head and drowned/suffocated herself to death. All while having a razor blade in her pocket. Suicide often makes no sense at all :(.

That has not been proven. In live 10 minutes from where she died and have followed it very closely. Interesting to me that the numerous deaths of white middle aged women in the Northwest are done in smaller towns, where frankly, LE doesn't have the experience or the resources to investigate beyond what they can't prove, or what is obvious. There is no disrespect meant here, my son is LE in a small town and he acknowledges this.

also, Google "active serial killers in the US". I recall reading that it is estimated that there are 30 something estimated to be active at any given time. It's only until MUCH later after a prolific number of victims do SOME of them get caught. They must be killing someone. Right? I would think that like anything that one does over and over again, a killer could become quite clever about how they do it. And even if caught, many of their victims are never even connected to them and remain unsolved. I'm tired of the the standard "the public has nothing to worry about" statement, it is standard PR before ANY determination in almost every recent unexplained death I can recall. Perhaps someday some of these cases will actually get solved.

A key fob for locking and unlocking cars or homes... a slimjim?

Re my previous post, I'm not saying it was a serial killer in this case, just referring to the fact that there are most likely some active ones at any given time and that if we are not hearing about them, then they are obviously being successful at eluding any suspicion of such. Quite scary really!

A key fob for locking and unlocking cars or homes... a slimjim?

Hmm...I had not thought of that. Usually, a key fob mean one of these:
honeywell-5834-4-wireless-4-button-security-key-fob-for-honeywell-security-systems.jpg

https://d1unzhqf5a606m.cloudfront.n...for-honeywell-security-systems.jpg?1392743723

But with the way reporting has been so vague and words keep changing they may just mean set of keys on a key ring. If they were house keys or another set of car keys, why would she have them on her or in the trunk with her?

honeywell-5834-4-wireless-4-button-security-key-fob-for-honeywell-security-systems.jpg

https://d1unzhqf5a606m.cloudfront.n...for-honeywell-security-systems.jpg?1392743723

But with the way reporting has been so vague and words keep changing they may just mean set of keys on a key ring. If they were house keys or another set of car keys, why would she have them on her or in the trunk with her?

Thanks. That's what I thought too. I didn't realize you could use those to unlock houses - I thought they were only used for cars and garages.

So she had three guns with her? I think it's quite unusual for a person packing so much heat to be the victim of a kidnapping.....

Thanks. That's what I thought too. I didn't realize you could use those to unlock houses - I thought they were only used for cars and garages.

They can be used to activate/deactivate a home alarm system, too.

Maybe she had the key fob in the trunk with her so she could lock the doors of the car or pop the trunk latch open herself with the key fob? Maybe she didn't know about the emergency trunk latch inside the trunk. (all speculation if this was a planned scenerio by her)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

A FLIP PHONE!?! Wtf. So there won't be any evidence of her checking FB or Twitter throughout the day.

So she had three guns with her? I think it's quite unusual for a person packing so much heat to be the victim of a kidnapping.....

I thought that too when I first read it, but it said two semi automatic magazines (Ammunition?) and the 9mm gun. Does that gun use semi-automatic magazines?

Where are you seeing 3 guns? They found one gun in the trunk and 2 magazines for that gun in her purse in the front seat.

I thought that too when I first read it, but it said two semi automatic magazines (Ammunition?) and the 9mm gun. Does that gun use semi-automatic magazines?

Oooh, ok. Thanks for clarifying! I don't want to start rumors!

I think I remember reading that Rita's daughter said that her mom did have a gun under the front seat of her car. I find it odd that a kidnapper/car thief would look under the front seat. Jmo. Especially a kidnapper who didn't bother to take a purse, cash, guns, iPad, etc... This kidnapper wasn't in the business of rummaging around for things of value to take.

(Jmo but I do not at this time think that there really was a kidnapping...too many oddities being said and unsaid)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I do not know the year of the car or how my thoughts really play into the various scenarios, but in most cars the car cannot be locked if keys are in the ignition. As an example, the 2002 Grand Prix manual states, "
The lockout deterrent feature makes it difficult for you to lock your keys in the vehicle. If the driver’s door is open while the keys are in the ignition, you will not be able to use your power door lock switch." So if a person got out of car, to lock it he/she would need to individually lock each door. In addition, most cars have some sort of access from the back seat to the trunk. Considering some of the raised questions, it's possible she climbed into the trunk from inside the car.

I do not know the year of the car or how my thoughts really play into the various scenarios, but in most cars the car cannot be locked if keys are in the ignition. As an example, the 2002 Grand Prix manual states, "
The lockout deterrent feature makes it difficult for you to lock your keys in the vehicle. If the driver’s door is open while the keys are in the ignition, you will not be able to use your power door lock switch." So if a person got out of car, to lock it he/she would need to individually lock each door. In addition, most cars have some sort of access from the back seat to the trunk. Considering some of the raised questions, it's possible she climbed into the trunk from inside the car.

Even if the ignition is not on? I recently tried to lock my car with it running (so I could keep the dog in it while eating at a restaurant) and it would not work, but I didn't try it with the keys in the off position....her car was not new, so I'd assume it was possible....I locked my keys in my car plenty of times when younger, often with the keys in the ignition, and come to think of it, at least once while it was running....

Couple other questions...

What were the temps in Montana on the day of the abduction? Here in the south, temps are still in the 90s and a person probably wouldn't survive very long in a trunk. It would be similar to a child left in a hot car.

Wouldn't the abductor hear her on her phone? I wouldn't think most car-jackers would be okay with their hostage talking to family and LE while driving them them in the trunk.

Lastly, when the family and LE spoke to her, I wonder if she sounds like she was in an enclosed space like a trunk, like with her body squished up.

Does a Grand Prix have the type of seats that fold down to open to the trunk from inside? If she did crawl through to the trunk from inside, how bizarre.

ETA: her car was a 2005.

Couple other questions...

What were the temps in Montana on the day of the abduction? Here in the south, temps are still in the 90s and a person probably wouldn't survive very long in a trunk. It would be similar to a child left in a hot car.

Wouldn't the abductor hear her on her phone? I wouldn't think most car-jackers would be okay with their hostage talking to family and LE while driving them them in the trunk.

Lastly, when the family and LE spoke to her, I wonder if she sounds like she was in an enclosed space like a trunk, like with her body squished up.

I don't know the temp since I'm nowhere near there, but LE on the scene in daylight the next day seemed to be dressed for cool weather.

Does a Grand Prix have the type of seats that fold down to open to the trunk from inside? If she did crawl through to the trunk from inside, how bizarre.

I think her car was a 2005 Grand Am, not a Grand Prix.

I think that depending on the blood splatter pattern, they would know immediately whether or not she shot herself with the trunk closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro