Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

Why not, I wonder ?

The only things I can think of is respect for the family (let them be the first to know it was suicide) OR there are some signs there was someone else involved in pulling this off and they are still investigating. There has got to be a lot we don't know because LE statements so far are as clear as mud, IMO.

The only things I can think of is respect for the family (let them be the first to know it was suicide) OR there are some signs there was someone else involved in pulling this off and they are still investigating. There has got to be a lot we don't know because LE statements so far are as clear as mud, IMO.

Or police generally just don't release details unless investigation is complete.

In reading the case a couple things pop up:
1) Where was her cell phone found? In reading what was found in trunk, I haven't seen any mention that her cell phone was found in the closed trunk. If her phone wasn't there she could have faked the shots heard on the last call and then shot herself following the call, but that would put on another layer of complexity.
2) Where precisely was she shot? If she was gut-shot, that would be a miserable way to go and would seem to someone killing her for revenge, particularly with nothing stolen; if she was shot in the heart, then that could be suicide. The description of where she was shot seem vague saying chest/abdomen.

Or police generally just don't release details unless investigation is complete.

Right, but the question remains: if they have Rita or another person on camera using her card why would they give interviews hinting at it (see New York Post link above) but not release the photos? Respect for family or suspicions that photos are not all as they seem is all I can think of. LE releases surveillance photos quickly to ask for the public's help all the time. In this case, they are holding back.

Right, but the question remains: if they have Rita or another person on camera using her card why would they give interviews hinting at it (see New York Post link above) but not release the photos? Respect for family or suspicions that photos are not all as they seem is all I can think of. LE releases surveillance photos quickly to ask for the public's help all the time. In this case, they are holding back.

If it's her on the video, police wouldn't need help. If it was somebody else, then they would release the photos in order to find that somebody, I presume. Or if it is somebody else but police already know who that is, they wouldn't need help either.

A long thin tool for unlocking a car without keys. (Also a brand of beef jerky here in the US but I assume bluesneakers meant the car unlocking tool ;)).

SJ2-2.jpg
http://www.accesstoolsusa.com/The-Slim-Jim-p/sj2.htm

I read a few years back that the police wont come and unlock anyone's vehicle anymore by using their slim jim. People have sued when they damaged the locking system trying to get the door open.

If it's her on the video, police wouldn't need help. If it was somebody else, then they would release the photos in order to find that somebody, I presume.

For the family's sake I just wish no one with LE would say anything at all until they know for sure what is actually going on.

I think they are still investigating. They (wisely) want to know everything they possible can know before making an announcement, imo.

jmopinion

So they are not ruling out homicide either it seems.

If the card was used twice then what is taking so long to identify the person using the card I wonder? LE has had plenty of time to run that down by now, I would think.

Who says they haven't identified the person who used it?

I'm starting to wonder if this is connected with a psychotic breakdown. I did a quick google and found that there is a second peak in the onset of schizophrenia in women in the mid-40s or so, which may be linked to the drop in oestrogen in the run up to menopause. Rita was 47.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_estrogen_on_schizophrenia

In this link:

http://www.schizlife.com/late-onset-schizophrenia/

there's the following:

Individuals who start to experience symptoms of schizophrenia after their 40s are likely to experience some of the following symptoms:

Persecutory Delusions: This type of delusion is dominated by the chronic fear of being persecuted. The patient believes that he/she is followed, intercepted, and constantly hunted down by some entity wishing to harm them, usually in a fatal way.

Women are more likely to be diagnosed with late onset schizophrenia
and sometimes, in cases of very late onset, the disorder is linked to dementia.

I wonder how long she had been carrying the gun. Was it a recent development or had she done so for years?

May have to wait until Monday to get an update: http://www.krem.com/news/local/spok...ing-montana-womans-death-a-homicide/316296812

If you ask the Spokane County Sheriff's Office about it, they will tell you they do not feel there is any imminent danger to the people of Spokane. They could not elaborate on why they are sure the public is not in any danger. The Sheriff's Office said they are looking at all avenues and have not conclusively ruled anything out. The FBI also cannot give any definitive answers at this point as to what really happened to Maze and how she ended up dead in the trunk of her car. Officials said they may not be able to release any more information until Monday at the earliest as the investigation continues.

BBM.

I'm having trouble finding updates on any of these, but...

Galveston police investigate car trunk death as suicide
(That's archived from 1995 so I can't copy and paste anything.)

May Zhou ...04 Dead, Found in Car Trunk - Police Think Suicide May Be Cause of Death - 2007

Mengyao “May” Zhou ’04 was found dead in the trunk of her car last Thursday, Jan. 25, from an apparent suicide. The City of Santa Rosa Police Department is waiting on toxicology and other test results before declaring an official cause of death.

Zhou, an electrical engineering graduate student at Stanford University, was reported missing to the Stanford Police on Jan. 21. She was last seen on the evening of Jan. 20 leaving her residence to run errands. At approximately 3:30 a.m. on Jan. 25, an officer from the Santa Rosa Junior College Police Department located her 2006 Toyota in one of the student lots, according to a Santa Rosa Police press release. A deceased woman, later identified as Zhou, was found in the trunk.

There are “no early indications of foul play” and “items in the trunk indicate the subject may have committed suicide,” according to the Santa Rosa Police press release.

Husband's agony as he uses GPS on dead wife's phone to find her body in car trunk after new mother kills herself because of postpartum psychosis - 2012

The body of 29-year-old Anna Oung was found on Tuesday evening in her car parked in Irvine, California when her concerned husband tracked her mobile phone service using GPS.

'All the evidence investigators have discovered to date', including preliminary results from a coroner's medical examination, is 'consistent with the death being a suicide', Irvine police Lt. Julia Engen said.

^ Police said she had sustained "serious" injuries.

Body Found in Trunk of Car at Ontario Mills Mall May Be That of Missing South Carolina Man - 2016

Detectives found no signs of foul play, he said. Investigators believe the death is a possible suicide, Higbee said.

Police: Body of Missing Woman Found in Trunk of Car in Mayfair - 2016

Police say the body found in the trunk of a car in Philadelphia's Mayfair neighborhood is that of a woman who has been reported missing since last week.
[snip]
Her mother says her daughter had been depressed, and going through some changes.

"Bad relationship she had and stressing. She lost her apartment, she was getting ready to lose her car, she was gonna lose her phone," said Jessie Pittman. "She couldn't pay nothing, so she was stressed out and she didn't wanna be here no more."

Police identify man found in trunk, rule death a suicide - 2014

The man whose body was found inside the trunk of a car by his 12-year-old son died as the result of suicide, police said on Tuesday. Police identified him as 50-year-old Hitch Nelson.

Police believe woman in car left 14-page suicide note - 2009/2010

A woman found dead in the trunk of her car Monday after being missing for more than a year is thought to have left a 14-page suicide note that investigators found shortly after her disappearance.

A body believed to be that of Sherry Sellers, 50, was found in the trunk of the BMW parked in the garage of her home in the Carmel Bay subdivision on Lake Tuscaloosa.

An autopsy was being conducted Tuesday to determine the cause of death. Baker said the results could come late Tuesday or today. He said there was no evidence to indicate foul play.

“There are a lot of questions about the how and the when that we're trying to answer. Hopefully, the autopsy will tell us how she died,” he said.

This is the same woman:
Autopsy: BMW body found shows no sign of injury; keys were with corpse

Sherry Sellers, the 50-year-old Tuscaloosa woman whose body was found by family members in the trunk of the BMW in her garage after she'd been missing more than a year, did not show evidence of injury or trauma to the body, authorities said after receiving preliminary autopsy results.

That's crazy bluesneakers! Who knew it was so common? Just where are all these people getting the idea to climb into the trunk of their car and kill themselves? :scared:

That's crazy bluesneakers! Who knew it was so common? Just where are all these people getting the idea to climb into the trunk of their car and kill themselves? :scared:

Right?? I would think they find out by googling except this predates the internet. I had no idea.

Now if I ever disappear will you please let everyone know exactly why I was googling car trunk suicide?

Trying to catch up, not sure if it's been posted that she was allegedly hit in the head with a rock.

Maze’s husband reported the incident to police Tuesday after he received a frantic call from his wife claiming that a man had bashed her in the head with a rock and stuffed her inside the trunk of her car near a rest stop on Interstate 15 in Craig, Mont., said Dutton, whose agency is one of several involved in the multi-state probe.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/09/wifes-corpse-is-real-but-dramatic-kidnapping-tale-maybe-not/

Who says they haven't identified the person who used it?

Well if they know it was Rita then they could already rule out this being a homicide pronto since she was suppose to be locked in the trunk. Instead they say they are not ruling anything out.

IMO

Trying to catch up, not sure if it's been posted that she was allegedly hit in the head with a rock.

Maze’s husband reported the incident to police Tuesday after he received a frantic call from his wife claiming that a man had bashed her in the head with a rock and stuffed her inside the trunk of her car near a rest stop on Interstate 15 in Craig, Mont., said Dutton, whose agency is one of several involved in the multi-state probe.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/09/wifes-corpse-is-real-but-dramatic-kidnapping-tale-maybe-not/

I had not seen the detail about the rock. How would she know it was rock? I guess she could have seen him coming at her and tried to fight back. Really weird that was not previously reported...The autopsy should be able to tell if she was indeed hit on the head with a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria