Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they had someone else in mind who matches his description and has a criminal record but it wasn't the guy on camera. Maybe the person of interest they had has an alibi so they were back to square one after that with "no person of interest". Just having a photo of someone doesn't mean they have a POI. To have a POI they have to have a name and they may not know this guys name. IDK, just tossing some ideas out. No POI doesn't mean no one else was involved. It means they have no names, no leads.

If you read sheriff's direct quote, he seems to be saying they found the guy and he isn't involved in the case.

Well, I sure hope LE clears this all up tomorrow. If the guy isn't involved, why was he using her credit card? The guy in daily mail article seems to fit the description-if police found him, how did they do it so quickly and how were they able to rule him out so quickly?

If you read sheriff's direct quote, he seems to be saying they found the guy and he isn't involved in the case.

They found the guy they thought was a person of interest. Did he actually say they found the guy in the photo? I agree that is strongly implied from his two quotes put together in that article but we don't know how much the media clipped his quote or if he said anything else. One thing that is very frustrating is there has not been a press conference. The quotes we are getting from LE are through the media and we have to sift through whether they are accurate or not.

So perhaps the ATM thing wasn't true, though I swear I read it, lol!....I'm not going to look for a link since I'm not really trusting the stories anyway. I'm hoping LE gives a press conference after the weekend. I want to hear words from LE directly.

jmo

BBM. Me too.

They found the guy they thought was a person of interest. Did he actually say they found the guy in the photo? I agree that is strongly implied from his two quotes put together in that article but we don't know how much the media clipped his quote or if he said anything else. One thing that is very frustrating is there has not been a press conference. The quotes we are getting from LE are through the media and we have to sift through whether they are accurate or not.

He is talking about a still shot and them working to find the POI. So who else would he be talking about if not the guy in the photo?

Another quote from the Daily Mail article with the surveillance photos:

Questions have also been raised about whether she was murdered at all. However, her family insist that there is no way she would have taken her own life and have now hit back at cops over the handling of the case.

‘I know she didn’t kill herself,’ her cousin, Leanne Kaufmann, 42, told DailyMail.com. ‘Her life was good, she was happy.

‘How would she have found this parking lot? She hasn’t been to Spokane in 15 years. When her mom moved away, she just didn’t come back. She didn’t commit suicide.’

She added: ‘She had no money worries – her daughter’s wedding was paid for. They paid in cash, upfront, years ago.

He is talking about a still shot and them working to find the POI. So who else would he be talking about if not the guy in the photo?

He says they "worked the photo" to find a POI. He doesn't say for sure they found the guy in the photo. I just noticed the part about them fidnign the guy was the reporters words, not the sheriff.

"Though officials were pursuing a person of interest who was seen on surveillance footage, Lewis and Clark County Sheriff Leo Dutton said the individual has been ruled out.

"They had a still shot from a convenience store that they worked to find the person of interest. It was not somebody that was involved in this case," he said Thursday afternoon."

Bolded are the reporter's interpretation of what he said. Italics are what he actually said. I just think his sentence alone is vague and the paper ran with the idea they for sure found this guy pictured. If the guy in the photo really used her card for some reason, (like Rita asked him to) and he was ruled out by LE for some reason I hope he will come forward and speak to the media. Also in that Daily Mail article it says employees saw her car parked there but she was not seen anywhere around.

Seems clear enough to me that sheriff is saying they found the guy on video and ruled him out. Who else would be the POI if not the guy from the video?

Seems clear enough to me that sheriff is saying they found the guy on video and ruled him out. Who else would be the POI if not the guy from the video?

IDK. I guess we will just have to wait for more info to come out.

So perhaps the ATM thing wasn't true, though I swear I read it, lol!....I'm not going to look for a link since I'm not really trusting the stories anyway. I'm hoping LE gives a press conference after the weekend. I want to hear words from LE directly.

jmo

Me too. I think once we hear from them the pieces will fit together. They already know if it was $25 in purchases and what was purchased or if it was for gas or cash. Right now as far as I can tell the media don't have much more than we do.

3836491000000578-0-image-a-13_1473621687741.jpg

The man who used Rita's card in RItzville: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-trunk-car-Washington-gas-station-killer.html

He's the one who used her card according to the attendant. LE hasn't said this is their suspect or POI or someone who used Rita's card.

I do wonder how the attendant remembers him using her card though - if he stood out enough why did she let him make the purchase? Did he give her any reason to be suspicious of him?

He's the one who used her card according to the attendant. LE hasn't said this is their suspect or POI or someone who used Rita's card.

I do wonder how the attendant remembers him using her card though - if he stood out enough why did she let him make the purchase? Did he give her any reason to be suspicious of him?

Police presumably asked the gas station for the same video. So they would have told them what time it was, etc.

She probably knows after the fact because LE questioned her about it before the reporter got there. Cards are swiped all the time and no one ever asks for ID or checks the name on them anymore.
I hope LE clears it up fast if this is not the guy who used her card.

That is assuming daily mail even got the correct guy in the photo. They are not known for the accuracy of their reporting.

He says they "worked the photo" to find a POI. He doesn't say for sure they found the guy in the photo. I just noticed the part about them fidnign the guy was the reporters words, not the sheriff.

"Though officials were pursuing a person of interest who was seen on surveillance footage, Lewis and Clark County Sheriff Leo Dutton said the individual has been ruled out.

"They had a still shot from a convenience store that they worked to find the person of interest. It was not somebody that was involved in this case," he said Thursday afternoon."

Bolded are the reporter's interpretation of what he said. Italics are what he actually said. I just think his sentence alone is vague and the paper ran with the idea they for sure found this guy pictured. If the guy in the photo really used her card for some reason, (like Rita asked him to) and he was ruled out by LE for some reason I hope he will come forward and speak to the media. Also in that Daily Mail article it says employees saw her car parked there but she was not seen anywhere around.

The card was used at two different stores, and this picture is from the second one, do we know if there are any pictures from the first one?

The card was used at two different stores, and this picture is from the second one, do we know if there are any pictures from the first one?

None yet.

ETA: we also don't know WHICH store picture the Sheriff is talking about. He didn't specify the location where they got photos or if they had photos from multiple places (they should have photos from multiple places)

We use Loves travel stores a lot and you can get quite a bit for $25 if your mindful of the specials they run. They have a area with fountain drinks and coffee station and within tje same area they have the heated rollers where they'll run specials of 2 hot dogs for $2/$3 they have egg rolls, corn dogs, burger dogs, nachos. Loves is a chain operation and are all set up pretty much in the same way so walking into one location is loke walking into any of them.
Nearly every location also jas some kind of fast food like a Arby's or subway. You couldn't get enough food for 4 people from those areas of tje store but you certainly could from the heated roller section. A lot also have a hot deli at tje checkout where they sell chicken strips, pizza hunks, things like that but those run a bit higher averaging $4 or more a item.
They normally have certain drinks, chips and candy selections on their buy 2 specials as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Daily Mail isn't known for its accuracy but that man fits the description of the alleged abductor (large man 6 feet five inches tall either African-American or Native American (that one could be a mistake, maybe she said Indian meaning someone from India). Police first said there is a POI then they were saying there isn't. How does it all fit into place? I presume police know who this man is?

I am skeptical about how Daily Mail got this information before local news. Just seems weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member