Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been asked quite recently (and it wasn't for a large purchase either). Surprised me because most places don't ask.

Were you buying alcohol? I've noticed clerks have been instructed to card just about anyone. I am not mistaken for someone under the age of 21, but I have to show my ID at some places when buying alcohol. (Of course, I pretend it's because I look so young, as I peer over my reading glasses.)

jmo

I have been asked quite recently (and it wasn't for a large purchase either). Surprised me because most places don't ask.

Did you buy any OTC medicine? Many places they have to ask for ID now for simple cough medicine.

Were you buying alcohol? I've noticed clerks have been instructed to card just about anyone. I am not mistaken for someone under the age of 21, but I have to show my ID at some places when buying alcohol. (Of course, I pretend it's because I look so young, as I peer over my reading glasses.)

jmo

No alcohol. Just some trinkets.

Okay, I came up with one scenario that might work to make this story true.

What if the attacker thought he killed Rita when he hit her over the head and he assumed she was dead in the trunk all day. When he checked that night - maybe he heard her phone ring when the cops called her - she wasn't dead, so he shot her.

I don't think this is what happened, but it's an idea.

jmo

GREAT POST!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. What will you say if the Daily mail releases video of the same man at both stores though? If he's not at the first store, she would have had to make up the story once she passed the Idaho store where she would have already used the card herself. Maybe she wasn't thinking rationally and panicked when she called her husband but I just can't see her knowing she made a purchase on video in Kingston, ID and then deciding last minute to frame an innocent man for her abduction by the time she got to Ritzville. JMO.

I assume that LE has access to the same video The DM has. I would think if the same man was using her card at both locations, they would know. If they have this information, I find it highly unlikely they wouldn't be scouring for him as a suspect. IF this man is on both videos, I would say maybe I'm wrong and the guy isn't innocent. I'm not afraid to be wrong.

I just really don't think there is the same man on both videos.

At least from what sheriff is quoted as saying, police already found the guy from the video and ruled him out.

I assume that LE has access to the same video The DM has. I would think if the same man was using her card at both locations, they would know. If they have this information, I find it highly unlikely they wouldn't be scouring for him as a suspect. IF this man is on both videos, I would say maybe I'm wrong and the guy isn't innocent. I'm not afraid to be wrong.

I just really don't think there is the same man on both videos.

I'm thinking the other person using the card was wearing the hoodie found in the trunk.

jmopinion

Here is an interesting new quote:

Rita Maze called her family Tuesday night and said she'd been kidnapped from a rest stop and was in the trunk of a car. She also called 911 and spoke to a dispatcher who heard a gunshot before the phone went dead.
http://abc13.com/news/abducted-woman-called-family-from-trunk-before-death/1507142/

Earlier in the thread, people criticized her for not calling 911.
If true that she called 911 then we will have tapes to listen to.

**It in entirely possible this one news source got it wrong but this was published today and is a newer version of the story. This story seems to be developing from general to more specific as the press digs in (for example it went from "about $25" to an exact amount of purchase today).

Okay, I came up with one scenario that might work to make this story true.

What if the attacker thought he killed Rita when he hit her over the head and he assumed she was dead in the trunk all day. When he checked that night - maybe he heard her phone ring when the cops called her - she wasn't dead, so he shot her.

I don't think this is what happened, but it's an idea.

jmo

This is a super plausible theory and one of the reasons I love websleuths: even though you don't think it is what happened you have shifted through the pieces again and come up with something that fits the facts.
But, I agree, I don't think this is what has played out but mainly it is the actions of LE that prevent me from believing there is a bad guy out there...

I'm beginning to wonder if she ever even visited her family. I'm thinking maybe she visited a certain 6'5" male. And that he dumped her, she was despondent & killed herself. JMO

Here is an interesting new quote:

http://abc13.com/news/abducted-woman-called-family-from-trunk-before-death/1507142/

Earlier in the thread, people criticized her for not calling 911.
If true that she called 911 then we will have tapes to listen to.

**It in entirely possible this one news source got it wrong but this was published today and is a newer version of the story. This story seems to be developing from general to more specific as the press digs in (for example it went from "about $25" to an exact amount of purchase today).

I don't think people here on WS criticized her as much as questioned why she would call home instead of 911 in an emergency.

I'm skeptical that this is sloppy reporting (again). I think it was her family who made the initial call to 911 and later an officer called Rita - not the other way around - and he heard the shots.

jmopinion with what we know now.

I'm beginning to wonder if she ever even visited her family. I'm thinking maybe she visited a certain 6'5" male. And that he dumped her, she was despondent & killed herself. JMO

Wouldn't her family who she said she visited have come forward with that info?

jmo

This is a super plausible theory and one of the reasons I love websleuths: even though you don't think it is what happened you have shifted through the pieces again and come up with something that fits the facts.
But, I agree, I don't think this is what has played out but mainly it is the actions of LE that prevent me from believing there is a bad guy out there...

ITA. Police don't seem to be acting like there is a bad guy out there. There were reports of POI at first but then police quickly said he was ruled out.

I'm leaning towards suicide, but I'm not sure we would really know if LE 8s "acting like" there's a suspect out there. They don't typically tell the public the details of their investigation.

I'm perplexed.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Jmo but I think if I thought I was gonna die that I would want to talk to my husband to say goodbye but idk. It's hard to say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't it her elderly, sick mother? I guess we would need to know just how sick she is.

I think that was just rumor about her mother being sick. I can't find that in a news story. The "sick mother" is another thing that has been used as "evidence" that she could have been depressed. So if you can find a news quote on that please post.

is it possible to get $'s out of ATMs in $5's.....for the longest time my bank has only served multiples of $20

It depends on the bank. MOST only spit out 20's. But I have seen a few older ATMs that offer in multiples of 5. I was surprised but I saw one recently in Nevada that allowed 15 dollars or 25 dollar amounts.

I stepped away from this thread for a day, and now I am TOTALLY CONFUSED....

I was fully onboard the suicide theory yesterday morning. But tonight after reading the last several pages, and the description go the 6ft5 guy using the card, ....:fence:....I don't know what to think right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd