Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stepped away from this thread for a day, and now I am TOTALLY CONFUSED....

I was fully onboard the suicide theory yesterday morning. But tonight after reading the last several pages, and the description go the 6ft5 guy using the card, ....:fence:....I don't know what to think right now.

Me too, I'm totally lost.

Wow, just wow. I don't know what to think but I am frustrated that there isn't some clarification on whether the public should be concerned about this unknown guy. If this guy did it, I hope he pays!

I guess it is possible that he used her card BEFORE she killed herself? Did she set this guy up ? I could believe anything right now because nothing makes sense.

Was the credit card used found in the car?

I believe Rita. Why did he just kill her and not steal her money and other items. I don't think he thought twice for taking her life. He found out she had used the phone, and didn't want to be ID and killed her. He apparently needed a ride and does not care for a living life.

I am sticking with this, because I can see where some think it could be a setup and suicide. But for Rita to call her family, and she was scared and they probably heard the terror in her voice, I just don't believe she would put her family through that. We've all seen so many moms go missing these past few years and it ended up being suicide. These moms just vanish, quietly, and are found in hidden spots.

Makes me so sad to think of the fear Rita was in.

The family has started to investigate on their own because they claim the FBI has not given them answers:

[Rita's cousin] has gone to the gas station in Ritzville where Maze told family members she was kidnapped.

"While I was in Ritzville, I was able to talk to some people and verify that she was not in their store, A large man was in their store using her card. Which is what she described,” Kaufman said.

The FBI says they can't give any definite answers as to what really happened to Maze at this time.

They said they will not be able to release any further information until later this week as the investigation continues.

But Maze's family said they are continuing an investigation of their own. Going to every stop Maze made before her death.

"I'm going to continue to ask questions, I'm going to continue to fight because she would do the same for any one of us,’ Kaufman said.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/local/spok...d-they-want-answers-after-her-death/316789897

And the media's description of the calls she made and when she made them has changed yet again:

While held captive, Maze made multiple calls to 911. After that, she managed to have a conversation for almost ten minutes that night with her husband Bob and daughter Rochelle, according to LA Times.

http://www.morningnewsusa.com/rita-...aking-last-words-abducted-woman-23103639.html

BBM.
So now it is multiple 911 calls and BEFORE she called her husband? I hope they release those calls if this is true. Media reporting in this case continues to disappoint.

I wonder where her card is now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In her purse with fingerprints on ? I wonder if she may have given someone a ride.Is that blue hoodie in the Dpic the hoodie found in her trunk? DNA? JM

The family has started to investigate on their own after the FBI refused to give them answers:

http://www.nwcn.com/news/local/spok...d-they-want-answers-after-her-death/316789897

Your assertion in very misleading. Nowhere, does it say the FBI is REFUSING to give them answers. The family doesn't like where the investigation is going. They aren't happy (as the article actually says) with the investigation. They believed she was murdered. There is a massive difference between not approving of the direction of an investigation, and what you have claimed. Not having answers, or not having the answers they want...is not refusing to give them any.

The waters have been muddied enough by poor reporting, IMO.

And the media's description of the calls she made and when she made them has changed yet again:

http://www.morningnewsusa.com/rita-...aking-last-words-abducted-woman-23103639.html

BBM.
So now it is multiple 911 calls and BEFORE she called her husband? I hope they release those calls if this is true. Media reporting in this case continues to disappoint.

I agree. That is a completely different scenario.

I tend to believe local news stations/newspapers before reports from further afield. I'm waiting for a press conference to clear this all up.

Your assertion in very misleading. Nowhere, does it say the FBI is REFUSING to give them answers. The family doesn't like where the investigation is going. They aren't happy (as the article actually says) with the investigation. They believed she was murdered. There is a massive difference between not approving of the direction of an investigation, and what you have claimed. Not having answers, or not having the answers they want...is not refusing to give them any.

The waters have been muddied enough by poor reporting, IMO.

You're right. I edited my post. I didn't mean to accuse the FBI of anything just trying to report what the family is saying. The family feels they are not getting answers and the family is investigating. I had no intention of muddying the waters.

You're right. I edited my post. I didn't mean to accuse the FBI of anything just trying to report what the family is saying. The family feels they are not getting answers and the family is investigating. I had no intention of muddying the waters.

Sorry, the muddy waters comment wasn't meant to include you. I was just meaning that the lack of available info, and the family not being happy can add more confusion with the poor reporting. I think the family is really upset and angry that LE has suggested suicide as a possibility and they want to find evidence to refute it. (Which is definitely their right to feel and do.) The reporting on their feelings makes it seem like LE is just not doing anything and the family is left to investigate.

Sorry, the muddy waters comment wasn't meant to include you. I was just meaning that the lack of available info, and the family not being happy can add more confusion with the poor reporting. I think the family is really upset and angry that LE has suggested suicide as a possibility and they want to find evidence to refute it. (Which is definitely their right to feel and do.) The reporting on their feelings makes it seem like LE is just not doing anything and the family is left to investigate.

I believe the family that LE is not communicating anything to them. We see it a lot in death investigations where the family is left in the dark. It SEEMS like the family should be cleared of any wrongdoing in this case but the family are always suspects first when a person dies (JMO). Stranger abduction of an adult is rare, IMO. I understand LE has to do their due diligence. If this was really an abduction LE may be investigating the family or her friends to see if someone she knew was involved. This could take a LONG time. I have also noticed in the few cases I have followed that once the FBI gets involved we don't get press conferences or much info given to the press. The FBI likes to keep their cards close to the vest (understandably so--they are investigating national threats rather than small localized crimes).

I believe the family that LE is not communicating anything to them. We see it a lot in death investigations where the family is left in the dark. It SEEMS like the family should be cleared of any wrongdoing in this case but the family are always suspects first when a person dies (JMO). Stranger abduction of an adult is rare, IMO. I understand LE has to do their due diligence. If this was really an abduction LE may be investigating the family or her friends to see if someone she knew was involved. This could take a LONG time. I have also noticed in the few cases I have followed that once the FBI gets involved we don't get press conferences or much info given to the press. The FBI likes to keep their cards close to the vest (understandably so--they are investigating national threats rather than small localized crimes).

From the articles posted, it doesn't seem like they won't give answers. It seems like they don't have answers. JMO.

Who's prints are on the gun? On the card? On her purse? On the steering wheel? etc. Does she have a head wound serious enough to have lost consciousness? Wouldn't the best opportunity to escape and call have been at around 4pm when the car was stopped and the driver was inside a store? Or was she still unconscious....... Like LE, I'm seriously skeptical of this tale of woe. JMO

From the articles posted, it doesn't seem like they won't give answers. It seems like they don't have answers. JMO.

They know more for sure--they had the picture from Love's before the Daily Mail got it, but LE probably wants to be sure before they say anything. It's understandable they would wait and investigate. I also don't blame the family for their frustration in not hearing anything YET. I'm not saying LE won't eventually tell the family something but I believe the family if they say they haven't had much communication. JMO.

I think they do have answers, but there are so many loose ends to the story, they have a lot of things to investigate. LE's priority is to the investigation, not to provide instant answers to the family. That might sound harsh, but LE needs to be absolutely sure of the case before information is released. LE are probably skeptical of every story they hear until they themselves check it out. They are not looking at the video of the credit-card user and jumping to any conclusions that he must be guilty of murder.

I think LE has done a fine job with this case. They found Rita only five minutes too late. She didn't stay in that car alone for long - LE was actively doing their best to help her.

Who hasn't done a fine job are reporters. It's like they don't think to ask questions - even to ask themselves if their sentences are clear and to double check their article matches what LE said. Usually in a case I find one particular news outlet or reporter that I trust and like....but I haven't settled on one yet with this case.

jmo

Who's prints are on the gun? On the card? On her purse? On the steering wheel? etc. Does she have a head wound serious enough to have lost consciousness? Wouldn't the best opportunity to escape and call have been at around 4pm when the car was stopped and the driver was inside a store? Or was she still unconscious....... Like LE, I'm seriously skeptical of this tale of woe. JMO

All good questions we want the answers to.

Was someone traveling with her from Helena? Did she take them to Spokane? How could LE dismiss the still shot guy, if he indeed had some contact with Rita??? They supposedly said he was not involved. ????JMO

Does anyone remember how the Helena Police were the last ones to speak to her and they heard gunshots on the phone?:
An officer called the number Maze used to call her family, heard gunshots and then nothing. Those shots were heard five minutes before officials had traced the cell phone to the area of Geiger and Spotted Road.
http://www.krem.com/news/local/spok...-found-dead-died-from-gunshot-wound/315606109
So if she was staging it, she voluntarily answered the phone for an unexpected phone call from a potentially unknown caller - which she could have left unanswered - when she would have been right in the middle of staging her own death. The LE call isn't clearly reflected on reported timelines, but that would put the last time she was on the phone with anyone at around 12:30 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required