Found Deceased MT - Sally Demarais-Smith, 52, found in vehicle in storage unit, Great Falls, 25 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
121105149_3394757603912476_8861276223976513760_n.jpg

Great Falls MT Police Department

It's been nearly two weeks since Sally Jane Demarais-Smith, 52, of Great Falls was last seen and her family, friends and coworkers are left racking their brains about what happened to the woman they describe as being "warm," "strong" and "a ray of sunshine."

More at Friends and family continue to search for Sally Smith of Great Falls

Friends and family continue to search for Sally Smith of Great Falls

Sally is a mother to four children with Troy. She works professionally as a speech and language pathologist at Meadow Lark Elementary School and the Scottish Rite Childhood Language Disorders Clinic. She teaches spinning classes at The Peak Health and Wellness Center and is very involved in her church community.

Since her disappearance, some friends and family have searched for her independently. The "Help find Sally Smith" Facebook page has over 3,500 members and includes a file for a downloadable missing persons poster for Sally that members say they've been posting at local post offices and gas stations.

5F87CC05-5F8E-48A7-8ED4-0BB461809551.jpeg

Smith was last seen in Great Falls and may have traveled to the Malta area, officials said. She is likely driving a 2005 gold Toyota Corolla with the Montana license plate number of 231335B.

She is white, 5 feet 7 inches tall, 150 pounds, has brown eyes and brown hair. It is not known what Smith was wearing.

[...]

CBAD9779-4262-4D36-BBEC-16037E930A90.jpeg

Have you seen her? Sally Jane Demarais-Smith of Great Falls is missing

Sally Demarais-Smith Still Missing | E-City Beat

Sally Demarais-Smith is still missing

Sally Demarais-Smith, who was reported missing on Tuesday, is still missing.

The Montana Department of Justice issued a Missing/Endangered Person Alert for Sally on Tuesday afternoon; on Wednesday, the MEPA expired, as they are only valid for 24 hours.

Despite the expiration, the DOJ says that Sally still has not been found nor heard from.

Search Continues for former Malta Resident

She is thought to have possibly been traveling to the Malta area, but her family now believes that she may be anywhere in Montana or may have traveled outside of the state.

At press time, attempts to ping her location via her cell phone have been unsuccessful and her credit cards have not been used since September 16th. Everyone is encouraged to look for her anywhere and everywhere you go, both inside and outside of Montana.

I would have never guessed her to be 52 years old. I thought for sure that was an error at first. At any rate, I’m confused on the details. Who was the last person to see her? Was she going to work or class or errands? Does the family fear car accident? What is the dynamics of her relationship with her husband? Is it normal for her to just take off without planning ahead or is all this very fishy?

Wondering what the circumstances around her leaving were?
Did she have a planned errand or visit somewhere? Did anyone know she was leaving? Did she just up & disappear?

I would have never guessed her to be 52 years old. I thought for sure that was an error at first. At any rate, I’m confused on the details. Who was the last person to see her? Was she going to work or class or errands? Does the family fear car accident? What is the dynamics of her relationship with her husband? Is it normal for her to just take off without planning ahead or is all this very fishy?
Great minds think alike!
Our posts...so similar!

Wondering what the circumstances around her leaving were?
Did she have a planned errand or visit somewhere? Did anyone know she was leaving? Did she just up & disappear?
Answers to some of those questions can be found in the comments of the Help find Sally Smith fb page. It all seems very unusual to me.

Distance from home (Great Falls) to her possible destination (Malta, her hometown) is 200 miles.

I'm leaning toward her leaving on her own accord. What happened later is a mystery.

ETA: The search for Sally Smith continues, family heartbroken after disappearance

Sally Smith disappeared after leaving a note saying she was going to visit her parents for a few days and hasn't been seen or heard from in over 10 days.

The world of the Smith family came crumbling down the morning of September 26, 2020.

It looks like she left overnight.

Last edited:
Facebook Groups

Oct 9 Post:
Here is What We Know To Date

*Sally Smith left her home either late Friday or early Saturday morning on September 26th.

*She left a note saying she was going to Malta, her home town.
She never notified her family she was coming nor did she arrive.

*She is driving a Gold Toyota Corolla LP 231335B. Her car has NOT been found.

* Sally's phone has been pinged but there has been no response nor information as to the last location.

*She has her wallet and a favorite red blanket with her. It is unknown what she was wearing.

*Credit cards and bank accounts are being monitored.

*We have no idea where she is or might be so we are looking everywhere.

*We are working on putting up a map so we can mark places where people have been.

*There have been searches by airplane

*We have a poster that you can print out under the files tab.

*GFPD is working very hard on this case.

On the Facebook page a mother mentioned her son is also missing from the area since 10-2. John Kenneway. I tried looking for him on here but can’t find one. Some have thought maybe their disappearance are related but I have my doubts about that.

So she didn't want to discuss her departure with her family and didn't notify her parents of her visit. Her phone is off (according to the husband), but it's not known when it was shut off. If she shut it off to avoid being tracked, then her destination was probably different from the one stated in the note. If not and she had an accident, her phone pings could lead the investigators to the scene. Her husband posted in the group that she hasn't used any credit cards (that he's aware of) since September 16. Either she's with someone she knows or she brought enough cash (or another card that the family doesn't know about).

Missing Person Details - Montana Department of Justice

Missing Person Details

image.jpeg

Name: SMITH, SALLY JANE
Aliases: DEMARAIS, SALLY J
DEMARAIS, SALLY JANE
SMITH, SALLY J
Date of Birth: 08/02/1968
Race: WHITE
Hair Color: BROWN
Eye Color: BROWN
Height: 5' 7''
Weight: 130 LBS.
Date of Last Contact: 09/25/2020
Age Now: 52 YEARS
Other Reported Dates of Birth:
Investigating Agency:
GREAT FALLS POLICE DEPARTMENT,(406) 771-1180

If you have information about this individual, contact your local law enforcement agency or the Montana Missing Persons Clearinghouse, (406) 444-2800.

According to her missing flyer she was last seen on the afternoon of September 25 (Friday) in Great Falls. Her family discovered that she was missing on Saturday (26th) morning and believe that she left between late evening and morning. Did her husband or children see her on Friday evening at all? Surely if she was home they would have seen her go to bed? Or were they not home?

Sadly she was found deceased.

Sally Jane Demarais-Smith was found dead on Sunday afternoon, the Cascade County Sheriff's Office said in a news release on Sunday evening.

Around 2:30 p.m., her body was found inside her 2005 Toyota Corolla in a storage unit at 3033 Malmstrom Drive, according to Cascade County Sheriff Jesse Slaughter.

Slaughter said the storage unit is in the county and not on the Air Force base.

Sheriff: Sally Demarais-Smith found dead

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL