Found Deceased MT - Sally Demarais-Smith, 52, found in vehicle in storage unit, Great Falls, 25 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Montana Mom of 4 Missing Since September Is Found Dead in Her Car Inside Storage Container

Police are investigating and have not said whether they believe Smith was a victim of foul play.

A friend of hers who posted on the Help Find Sally Smith Facebook page implied he believes she was killed.

“A very sad day to all that helped thank you,” the friend wrote. “Sally was found today and was deceased, the person who did this will be found.”
snipped

How in the world has this happened to 2 different women in a little more than a month? (Marilane Carter). It is dumbfounding.

I wonder if there is a reason why the friend is pointing to foul play. My first thought would have been self-harm; pull the car into the unit, turn it on, it would be like leaving it running in the garage.

That's what I was implying in my post, above - #35, but I didn't know we could quote Facebook. Good to know that we can now!
We can't mention information from SM unless it is published in MSM. In this case the source is a commenter and not an authority, so I treat their information as opinion. We don't know if the person has any insider knowledge.

The wording from the friend that suggested foul play, seemed secret admire-y to anyone else? The rest of the vibe on the page seems aimed at self-harm. Autopsy preliminary findings will tell a lot, if they don't hold report until tox comes back.

The wording from the friend that suggested foul play, seemed secret admire-y to anyone else? The rest of the vibe on the page seems aimed at self-harm. Autopsy preliminary findings will tell a lot, if they don't hold report until tox comes back.
It's not the only post that had that flavor but she really was very attractive with an outgoing personality so it's no surprise. What is surprising is that we're discussing a random Facebook comment at all.

I wonder if there is a reason why the friend is pointing to foul play. My first thought would have been self-harm; pull the car into the unit, turn it on, it would be like leaving it running in the garage.

My first thought was suicide, but now I’m really thinking foul play. Something/someone just rubs me the wrong way with the whole thing.

There are so many weird things. She left a note, but didn’t actually tell anyone she was leaving. Said she was going to her parents, but she had Covid, so why would she go to her elderly parents? Since she told no one, they weren’t expecting her. Have they checked the note to make sure not was in her handwriting?

*sits on hands*

Maybe she had no intention of going to visit her parents, maybe she just said that so no one would look for her right away.

Investigation continues into the death of Sally Demarais-Smith

The Cascade County Sheriff's Office is continuing its investigation into the death of Sally Jane Demarais-Smith, who was found dead on Sunday afternoon.

Slaughter said an autopsy was conducted earlier this week, and officials are continuing to review the results; as of Wednesday, he was not able to provide any details about the possible cause or manner of her death.

How do they know that she’s the one that wrote the note? How do they know that somebody didn’t make her write the note? I wonder if anyone that she knows has the news stories about the other missing woman that was found in a storage container in history on their cell phone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PIBrilliant
Back